The Blu Atomizer and a few modding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
So I was bored today and decided to be creative (One of my first attempts at modding something). I got the idea to take one of my Blu Cartomizers (Don't know why I saved them, but I did. I have like 7 packs that I vaped when I first started), and took the wick out of them (Staying around the edges. Easier than I thought it would be (I'm not mechanically inclined) with a pair of tweezers. Originally, my idea was to use the wick from these, clean it, and once dry rewick an ego-c atomizer (haven't got around to that yet). Before I could get started, I had another brainstorm to try direct dripping on the now empty blu cartomizer (Provari says it's 2.8 ohms). Tried some Tasty Vapor Kretek on it (About five drops) and it was great (Blew out the battery end first, and a few dry burns). I was thinking the juice would run out of the battery end without filler, but it didn't. Now to a few questions for those that may be mechanically inclined:
1- Regarding the now empty Blu Cartomizer (I guess now an atomizer) :The straw is still present as well as the string; Would it be safe to remove these, or should I just leave well enough alone ?
2- None of my drip tips fit this empty cartridge. Any suggestions ?
3- The wicking material that came out was in two pieces (A thick longer piece and a small very thin piece). I ran them under the tap, then rolled them out flat in a folded napkin. Which one should I use to rewick the Ego-C (The thick or thin) ?

This has been fun, and beats the heck out of watching the nightly news.

IMG_9032.jpg IMG_9029.jpg IMG_9031.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread