The BoyCOTT Has Begun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud9Smoking.com

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The Boycott?! Come on! We use USPS for ground and Priority Shipping. We have had several issues (as in maybe 1/1,000 packages shipped) but overall we have been quite satisfied with USPS and our customers have not complained. In fact, we regularly get positive feedback on the delivery speed!

We do use FedEx for overnight shipments.

The only reason we use USPS is because of the cheaper rates. If we were to go with FedEx or UPS, we would be forced to double or possible triple our shipping prices. We are currently in talks with FedEx about the possibility of very good, preferred rates. If we do manage to get the prices where we want them, there is no question that we will switch over.

There are two reasons why FedEx is preferable (aside from the nice boxes :) ). Number one, as someone mentioned, FedEx tracking is in real time and is much better than USPS' once daily tracking updates. Additionally, if you do have a problem with a package, there is someone to speak to with FedEx. With USPS, good luck! When we have a problem with a USPS package, we count it as a loss and reship.

One other tidbit that some of you may not know is that USPS and FedEx do business with each other! In fact, USPS does door to door delivery for certain FedEx services. This, according to our FedEx account rep. I also have not noticed that in front of every Post Office in my area (Brooklyn, NY), there is a FedEx drop box. Another business partnership between FedEx and the Post Office.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
Yet they dont offer a higher quality product or better service. At least in the case of UPS.
I have never had anything damaged or go "missing" with USPS.
Cant say the same for UPS.
IMO UPS sucks!

If you like UPS thats fine, but it seems like you are the only person in this thread or that I know of that does.

I posted just earlier in the thread that I happen to like UPS as well. I have not had any problems what-so-ever with them where I live, and I have a lot of problems with USPS and Fedex. I won't use fedex period. I probably wouldn't get the package anyway. You can't really get around using USPS, and I still use them given the option because of price, but delivery wise and service wise, UPS rules my area hands down.

Cloud9Smoking.com

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The thing I like about Fedex is they deliver on Saturdays, but the thing I don't like is, you have to be home to take delivery and sign for the package.

With FedEx, you only have to be home and sign for the package if it was sent with "Signature Required" (which is a more expensive way to ship). If the shipper does not choose the "Signature Required" option when preparing your shipment, you do not have to be home to sign for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread