The Cartomator VM Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
We had 12 beta tanks made from M3 floating around for some time now. 4 were Cartomator 22mm, 2 were Elsie Designs and 4 were Pro-V2's with the skirt cap. 2 of the Pro-V2 skirt caps broke after being dropped. Not unexpected, since the skirt thickness is only 18mil or 18/1000" on the Pro-V2 and requires the strength of good Stainless or Titanium to pack enough strength into 4 hair strands of thickness. So we weren't surprised M3 had met it's limit there. Consequently, I don't think the Pro-VM is going to happen with the skirt cap. I can't have $80 tanks dropping and breaking. The M3 Cartomator models have held up perfectly. I even dropped one off my lap as I exited my truck. It shattered the quartz tube and bent my carto threads, but the M3 caps were only slightly scuffed up. So we will probably be making the 22mm M3 Cartomator as the Cartomator VM and it will be by 2 week preorder, since I am not going to carry thousands of dollars of M3 on the shelves. The VM will be offered in standard VX style flat caps or it will offer the optional bottom taper cap that transitions the 22mm tank to a 19mm cone top such as the Provari or the SID.
The Cartomator VM is expensive due to the cost of M3. $69.95 and the 2 week wait gets you a very individualized Tank. This is my beta with the tapered bottom cap, fused Quartz and M3 in Volcanic Titanium.
CartVM1.jpg

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
A couple more of the beta m3 tanks came back. We are going to move forward and do a small cnc run of 4 different varieties of the Cartomator M3, VM, VM3.. whatever we call it! The two that you see here.. The Light Blue tanks are Cobaltium and Black Carbonite, The silver one is special order Titanium and Carbonite. Plus we have two more varieties coming; Red Copper and Black Carbonite and Gold Bronze and Carbonite. The Titanium is not worth having made for us again, for what we paid for it. A comparable looking White Silver Alloy and Carbonite version will be used in production to keep the prices down.
At $100 per foot, M3 is more expensive than Titanium at current market rates. So the tanks will be priced at about $65. But I think that buyers will be very happy with them. We have decided to do them by pre-order and any remaining tanks will be put on sale. We bought 3 feet of each of the 4 colors to get started and we will see what kind of demand exists.
M3 threads well, so fill-ports will be available, as well as Airflow and DC carto flange recesses like the Stainless tanks. uploadfromtaptalk1390801783590.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread