The Chameleon - final review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The Chameleon has performed like a trooper since acquisition, requiring but periodic cleaning. Of late although the unit was still firing, the current wasn't flowing correctly, or it seemed. The culprit dirty contacts on the switch itself.

Today after 7 months of heavy use, I replaced the switch which took all of 15 minutes and it is performing like a champ once again. For those less mechanically inclined there is a good video on how to carry out this procedure, it is quite simple, or for the seriously mechanically challenged folks for the cost of shipping, IkenVape will replace the switch under warranty for a period of 1 year. Knowing Isaac, if contacted he may even do it out of warranty for the original owner. This is something that can be discussed with the vendor.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Yeah Switched, I love the beauty of the unit but way too big for me also..

The GGTS was also on my short list, but was out of stock. At the time is was selling for $212 USD and only came with the 901 fiiting, not my favourite atty and the AFS was something like another $147 USD I believe. Wow! IMHO opinion that is an outrageous price to pay for any battery mod, even if it can hold a 18650. Since, the price has been lowered to reflect the actual and accurate exchange rate of the Euro, for which the price stagnated for quite some time at the upper end??

Another downside to any mod that can accept an 18650 batt, is the battery rattling that occurs when using the device with any other battery combo. To some this is insiginificant, but would prove to be an annoyance to me.

I watched for quite some time Imeos videos on the AFS and later the AFS2, and was moved away from the system, for many reasons. The aesthetics of the device started to diminish greatly with the AFS fitted and really disappeared after he developed the collector tank to compemnsate for leaky AFSs. The unit with all its accoutrements has now become a two fisted unit, something more conducive to household use than being capable of being used comfortably in public.

Wrt carrying a spare gas can, I made myself a couple of 510 wetboxes, one for my 18650s, for a fraction of the cost of an AFS. The 18650 is used in my car for long trips, saves on using a PT.

Nothing wrong with the GG. Those who love it, love it allot, but the build is far too complicated for my liking. IMHO, Imeo never heard of the KISS principle.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I hear ya doots but the purpose of the revival was a follow up to the final review...

The Chameleon has performed like a trooper since acquisition, requiring but periodic cleaning. Of late although the unit was still firing, the current wasn't flowing correctly, or it seemed. The culprit dirty contacts on the switch itself.

Today after 7 months of heavy use, I replaced the switch which took all of 15 minutes and it is performing like a champ once again. For those less mechanically inclined there is a good video on how to carry out this procedure, it is quite simple, or for the seriously mechanically challenged folks for the cost of shipping, IkenVape will replace the switch under warranty for a period of 1 year. Knowing Isaac, if contacted he may even do it out of warranty for the original owner. This is something that can be discussed with the vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread