The Chameleon Gets An Ego

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Rumor had it that the new Ego Mega Cartomizers would fit on the Chameleon. Well rumor is partially true :) It fits without any modding if you use the native 901 connection topped with a 901-510 adapter. It will fit on the native 510 connection if you cut 1-2mm off the bottom of the skirt on the carto. I haven't done it yet so do not have the exact measurement. Right now I'm running it on the 901 with the 901-510 adapter on top.

This thing is incredible!! The vapor production is fantastic. I'm only taking 5-6 sec hits instead of my normal 10+ second hits. This one came prefilled, but I have some blanks on the way also. I used it for around 6 hours before I got the first signs of it may need to be refilled. Let me put it this way, there is a definite learning curve involved in the refilling. Let's just say I made a mess and leave it at that for now LOL I did fill my syringe with 2 mil of juice and maybe got 1.5 of that actually in the carto. It's still working so I got something right :)

Ok here is a pic of the Mega Ego Carto on both the Chameleon and on my Silver 510 Lazer. No adapter or modding needed for the Lazer. It fits the LPV 2 & 3 also.

megaegocart.jpg

Happy 4th and happy vaping!!!!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
As far as I know you are the first to take the plunge WWay (adapting the carto to an unintended device). I believe many more will also, once the word spreads. I believe folks will flock to the cartos rather than the cart and attys.

eGo users are pretty much on the fence with this innovation, some are utterly disappointed with it. For eGo users that appreciate the "eGo" vape this product will not deliver it as air flow is from the bottom rather than the top. Neither the carto nor the atty/cart combo preheat the incoming air, rendering the unit as just another 3.1V device.

My biggest concern was with the atty and large capacity cart. The 801 as you know had a large reservoir as well but became airlock and would not wick as projected or leak as you know. So 3 strikes you are out.

I can see where the new atty which is probably an 801 or modified 801 will be used on the 1000 and 1300 mAh batts and dripped using a Ttip once manufactured. The carts will gather dust, and the unit will be a 3.1V dripper, nothing to write home about. By the end of summer we will see these attys offered in LR, and the cycle continues. :ohmy:

Would you consider doing a post mortem on one, once it bites the dust? That would prove to be as beneficial as the other you did. Please do not carry out an autopsie on a new one, that is not necessary and a waste of money :)

I am glad you are enjoying them and really surprised at their resiliency to "heavy" use.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Actually I'm not the first, the honor may go to Kent C on that one. He did some playing with one before they came out and so I got brave and tried it. He's now taken a dremel and taken the whole skirt off one and even used it on a WetBox. So with modding and or the use of adapters they will work on pretty much anything. ScottBee did an autopsy on one you can see the pics in this post
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecigarette-technical-issues/18530-burning-cartomisers-dangerous-e9-vk-bloog-totem-808-dpv9-smoke51-etc-121.html#post1538810

Of course I will take one apart once I get a dead one :)

I do agree about the attys though. From the looks of them they look much like the 801 carts. Who knows maybe these will work. I'm not going to test them to find out though LOL The price is a tad ridiculous if you ask me.

I am very amazed and pleased with the carto so far. Refilling will never be quick and easy but if you only have to refill every 6 hours then it's not so bad. Fill 3 at night all at once and you're good to go for the next day. The thing that remains to be seen is how long they last. I even like how it looks on the Chameleon. The Lazer reminds me of a techno cigar though :lol:

Happy Vaping!!!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Huuuuum, post number if you have it please, that is a rather long thread...

I like Scottbee. Janty was some Poed when he reverse engineered the eGo :D:D:D

Price is definitely a downer fer sure. Janty promised a reasonably healthy first release price. I don't think so although they are not available through Janty. TW prices as always are short of ridiculous and sorry $25 for shipping, I don't think so.

As usual these kids have just hit the street, relatively speaking. I am sure we will be hearing a lot in days to come. But they will not be adorning my tackle box, my eGo is just tooooo special to ruin it with 'em. PM inbound.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
After reading up on the Ego Mega atty I decided it's just not for me especially since I will have everything that I want with the Mini LR801 from Isaac. But I am curious about the Ego cartomizers.

I have only tried 510 cartos from liquidxpress. They are OK for whenever I absolutely need to use them but at 3.7V they are not my cup of tea. I am able to and prefer dripping into atties almost exclusively. I will be ordering SLB 510 cartos from Isaac since you both, WW and Switched, rave about them as they seem to provide superior performance. WW, what do you like about Ego cartos? Do they perform better or are they just "different"? Warmer vapor, more vapor?... Thanks.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Huuuuum, post number if you have it please, that is a rather long thread... snip

As usual these kids have just hit the street, relatively speaking. I am sure we will be hearing a lot in days to come. But they will not be adorning my tackle box, my eGo is just tooooo special to ruin it with 'em. PM inbound.

That link goes to the direct post, not the start of the thread, but the post number is 1206. I wasn't mean enough to send you to the start of that thread and expect you to find the pics ;)

PM received and I'll reply in a bit :)

After reading up on the Ego Mega atty I decided it's just not for me especially since I will have everything that I want with the Mini LR801 from Isaac. But I am curious about the Ego cartomizers.

I have only tried 510 cartos from liquidxpress. They are OK for whenever I absolutely need to use them but at 3.7V they are not my cup of tea. I am able to and prefer dripping into atties almost exclusively. I will be ordering SLB 510 cartos from Isaac since you both, WW and Switched, rave about them as they seem to provide superior performance. WW, what do you like about Ego cartos? Do they perform better or are they just "different"? Warmer vapor, more vapor?... Thanks.

Oh I want the mini 801 too!! And I am definitely not giving up my SLB 510 cartos!! But I have to try everything so I tried these. How I will tell you about the 1 I have that still works and what I like about it and you can go to this thread and read my whole sad story about the other two
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...arning-mega-tornado-cartomizers-new-post.html

This has not turned me off these as this is not the fault of the cartomizer nor a problem with the carto itself, this was a factory issue.

6 hours on the factory fill on my good one before having to refill makes me very happy. Refilling is mess, but I can deal with it. 4.5 hours on the first refill, but not sure how much juice I got into the carto. I'm now on my second refill and did better, not so messy on this one so improvement already :) Flavor and vapor are out of this world, albeit is not a real warm vapor. The size of the carto keeps it from being real warm is my guess. Throat hit is mild to medium, but I'm not big on TH so I'm happy with that part too. Price I don't like, but it may come down as more suppliers carry them. If they last two weeks or more then the price is not bad. The big questions now are how long will they last, can they be cleaned and will the filler deteriorate or hold up long enough to make them worth the cost. If you could actually change the filler that would make them much better, but you can't have everything :)

Happy Vaping!!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Price on these Atty's is totally out of hand and ridiculous in my opinion, priced at $25 for an Atty with a pack of extra carts to go along with it which is a must is insane, I wont pay it just out of principle. However for something like the $14-1$7 I spent on the cartos i did order a few packs last night, and even though there over priced they will come in more handy and useful for me. Seems like all new products in this industry like everything else start high then come down, give these Attys and cartos 60-90 days and they will be half price I would bet just like everything else, as soon as the first guy drops his pants on price everyone else follows, also how much do you really think it cost Joy to make either one of these product maybe a buck two to the moon.? Profit profit profit for the early retailers guys, lets see where these are in Sept.!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Price on these Atty's is totally out of hand and ridiculous in my opinion, priced at $25 for an Atty with a pack of extra carts to go along with it which is a must is insane, I wont pay it just out of principle. However for something like the $14-1$7 I spent on the cartos i did order a few packs last night, and even though there over priced they will come in more handy and useful for me. Seems like all new products in this industry like everything else start high then come down, give these Attys and cartos 60-90 days and they will be half price I would bet just like everything else, as soon as the first guy drops his pants on price everyone else follows, also how much do you really think it cost Joy to make either one of these product maybe a buck two to the moon.? Profit profit profit for the early retailers guys, lets see where these are in Sept.!
Probably on some boat in China if the FDA gets their way.

I want to see what Janty will be for pricing. We were promised low :rolleyes: we will need to see that. Regardless they are not for me at any price.Once the P18 comes in, it is going to have to be something special to make me part with my money, and we all know where it will be spent don't we :D

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Honestly I wouldnt buy them either, if for no other reason then I think they are down right ugly LOL Sorry witch it is just my opinion and probably not worth much :)

I have gotten to where are really dont like cartomizers of any kind , even Ikans.
Dripping on Ikans 901s has spoiled me and I cant seem to like the cartos taste now.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Every opinion is worth something! And I agree they are ugly :) They are also very messy to refill, but they do vape nice and last a long time. Will I keep using them, for awhile, at least until the ones I have are done with. Will I buy more, probably not, not unless they come way down in price. Do I like dripping better, heck yeah!!!

Happy Vaping!!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Every opinion is worth something!

So... mistress of all manner of cartos and attys... what do you make of these new filler-less cartos? What's the word on the street... holy grail or hype?

Btw, I've been using this Iken LR801 all week now with the foam filler. It's a freaking liquid tanker, load it up and it lasts a good long time. Cart size on this thing just trumps the 510/901. It's mellowed a bit after a week, but still producing prodigious amounts of tasty vapor with relatively short hits. Really hoping it keeps going for a bit more and then survives at least one cleaning cycle for some extended use.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
So... mistress of all manner of cartos and attys... what do you make of these new filler-less cartos? What's the word on the street... holy grail or hype?

Btw, I've been using this Iken LR801 all week now with the foam filler. It's a freaking liquid tanker, load it up and it lasts a good long time. Cart size on this thing just trumps the 510/901. It's mellowed a bit after a week, but still producing prodigious amounts of tasty vapor with relatively short hits. Really hoping it keeps going for a bit more and then survives at least one cleaning cycle for some extended use.

Well are they actually without filler of any kind? It just says no cotton. I have another browser open to the shopping cart but haven't hit the checkout button yet on them, but we all know I will :lol: I find it very interesting that V4L got an exclusive on the KR808D-1 model so there must be something good about them. I keep hoping someone will report before I hit that checkout button :)

I'm so glad the 801 carts are working out for you!!! I'm still mad at my attys so everything has cartos on it right now. I'll be all over the Mini 801s when they come in though. The 2.0 ohm 801s definitely give the best flavor and vapor on the Chameleon.

Might be going to an atty tomorrow though. Funny thing, I looked at the Ego Mega Attys and decided I did not even want to mess with them, but got the cartos. Well on one of my orders for the cartos I was sent the carts for the attys by mistake. I took it as a sign I was suppose to try the atty after all. You know, all things happen for a reason. So instead of sending them back, now I have an Ego Mega Atty along with the original cartos I ordered on the way :) I really don't expect to like it. I expect it to have the same wicking issues the 801s do and I do not have near the patience you do to keep trying to tweak it to get it right :)

Happy Vaping!!!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I have another browser open to the shopping cart but haven't hit the checkout button yet on them, but we all know I will :lol:

Ah ha... can't say that I'm surprised that you were checking them out! But with the window open... how timely :)

I'm so glad the 801 carts are working out for you!!!

Carts vs dripping. I know lots of people that have been vaping for a while like to drip, but I just don't think its for me. It's a matter of how much I have to focus and how much precision is involved in the act of the drip. I can't perform it absentmindedly. Sure I have to fiddle with carts every now and again to get liquid flowing, but not per every couple of hits. And the nature of the fiddling isn't precise and doesn't require focus. Carts are more relaxing for me. The occasional cart fiddling can be performed while walking or driving or otherwise remaining focused on something or someone else. Dripping forces me to focus intently on getting the right number of drops in a very small place while holding the target very upright, not so relaxing precision.

Of course every now and then I have to tank up the cart and that does require some focus. But that cost is worth the extended periods of low focus relaxation.

Just to be clear, my cart fiddling repertoire ...
- tapping the side of the atty a few times
- a mild side to side shake or wiggle of the fully assembled ecig/mod
- slightly twisting the cart in the atty
- unscrewing the atty, giving it a firmer thermometer shake or two, and re-attaching it (can be performed without even looking at it)

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Every opinion is worth something! And I agree they are ugly :) They are also very messy to refill, but they do vape nice and last a long time. Will I keep using them, for awhile, at least until the ones I have are done with. Will I buy more, probably not, not unless they come way down in price. Do I like dripping better, heck yeah!!!

Happy Vaping!!
www.ElixirTV.com

A little on the long side, but Stu gets to the point in short fashion. This sums it up rather well.

BTW Janty has never supported them so to speak, they just decided to carry them. They are made by JoyE and not Janty. (the latter is for folks who may not know)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Well are they actually without filler of any kind? It just says no cotton. I have another browser open to the shopping cart but haven't hit the checkout button yet on them, but we all know I will :lol: I find it very interesting that V4L got an exclusive on the KR808D-1 model so there must be something good about them. I keep hoping someone will report before I hit that checkout button :)

I'm so glad the 801 carts are working out for you!!! I'm still mad at my attys so everything has cartos on it right now. I'll be all over the Mini 801s when they come in though. The 2.0 ohm 801s definitely give the best flavor and vapor on the Chameleon.

Might be going to an atty tomorrow though. Funny thing, I looked at the Ego Mega Attys and decided I did not even want to mess with them, but got the cartos. Well on one of my orders for the cartos I was sent the carts for the attys by mistake. I took it as a sign I was suppose to try the atty after all. You know, all things happen for a reason. So instead of sending them back, now I have an Ego Mega Atty along with the original cartos I ordered on the way :) I really don't expect to like it. I expect it to have the same wicking issues the 801s do and I do not have near the patience you do to keep trying to tweak it to get it right :)

Happy Vaping!!!
That's pretty much what I deduced as well, and why I did not pull the trigger. I am trigger shy because I am already into next year's smoking budget, but I have a 2 yr supply. So new stuff has to really rock before I pull the trigger or even get an itchy finger.

WWay, hang tight wrt the new fillerless cartos. Let someone else take the hit on those. I am sure it won't be long with all the V4L fanboys out there.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
That's pretty much what I deduced as well, and why I did not pull the trigger. I am trigger shy because I am already into next year's smoking budget, but I have a 2 yr supply. So new stuff has to really rock before I pull the trigger or even get an itchy finger.

WWay, hang tight wrt the new fillerless cartos. Let someone else take the hit on those. I am sure it won't be long with all the V4L fanboys out there.

Well my Ego atty went to Houston, twice now, so no telling when it will find it's way to North Texas :lol:

I still haven't hit that checkout button on the E2 Cartos. One of them Witch feelings is making me hesitate. Since those feelings tend to be pretty good I'm listening to it at least for the moment :)

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
www.ElixirTV.com

A little on the long side, but Stu gets to the point in short fashion. This sums it up rather well.

BTW Janty has never supported them so to speak, they just decided to carry them. They are made by JoyE and not Janty. (the latter is for folks who may not know)

Ok! I give! I give!:censored: I done it!

Thank you for shopping with WWW.ELIXIRLIQUID.COM at Electronic Cigarettes & E-Liquid of Houston .
This automated e-mail serves as confirmation that your order has been shipped.

Shipping Summary
----------------

Invoice ID: 0000001629

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty | Item # | Description | Date Shipped | Tracking #
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 | Mocha Vanilla Caramel | Mocha vanilla caramel E-Liquid | |
Size: 35ML
Strength: 18MG

1 | Ego Excalibur | Ego Excalibur | |

Just for clarification, This was the right one to buy, right?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Isaac I can honestly say, that your vaping experience will be changed for ever. Not a bad thing mind you, but IMHO the Chameleon and eGo make for a great couple and a marriage made in heaven, as they compliment each other soooo nicely, especially with LR attys and reg 510 cartos. :toast:
YouTube - celebrate good times!
:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread