The Chuck, E-cigs, and the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Ok... a couple of things now that I've crawled out of the woodwork after being holed up with Einstein for a while...

1) My testimonial

2) Request for suggestion

3) Request for a new Chuck feature

4) General "what's happening in ecig development" question for Chuckleheads.

1. I've been one happy camper with my Chucks- bought 4 of em so far and would buy more (will buy more). You just can't beat this value, solid construction, and it just plain works despite all the abuse you can (and I do!) throw at it.

Funny, but I could see this chuck hanging out on my workbench 10 years from now and smugly smirking to myself *heh heh* every Janty unit I ever bought hit the trash bin years ago... and heeeeeere's my Chuck!

2. The only other e-cig I'm considering carrying is something that has excellent battery life and is a stealth unit (-for those times when, well, you just wanna vape very discreetly.)

Suggestions, (unless Jeff ever grows more clones and expands the line to Big Chuck, Little Chuck, Mini-Chuck and Micro-chuck) would be appreciated.

3. The one feature I would still like to see in a Chuck is some sort of quick turn off- like a switch that would be worthy of the Chuck that maybe you could rotate to a locked "off" position.

That would have saved me a real problem this winter when my Chuck rolled under a briefcase on my car seat... was set up with 6v and a cartomizer.. and the switch landed in just the right spot for the weight of the briefcase to turn and HOLD it "on" ... oh my, my brand new car has an interesting custom texture right in the middle of the passenger seat :shock:. (I went ahead and made the first payment on it anyway....:rolleyes:)

4. I wonder what is happening in the ecig market in general in terms of "is there anything *really* new? While I was catching up in the forum, what I see is more commercial mods, but all in all, all of them are batteries attached to 510's, 801's, 901's, Cartos, and a few 400 series models....

like, put a cone over a 510 to hold more heat and call it an EGO/Tornado, whatever. It SEEMS to me the truth is that there have been no real developments for almost a year. The closest to any real changes in the state of the art seems to be low resistance and High resistance atties- but all in all, that's just juggling currents too. Juice feeders sound interesting; dripping can be a pain, especially with the 510 as opposed to an 801.

If you're reading this thread, you probably are a Chucklehead like me and know stuff that's worthwhile... like, are there any juice feeders that you can hang off a Chuck? Are there new or different atties worth trying? Are the LR 510's or 801's worth hanging off my Chuck? Anything out there worth having as a supplement to the basic, trusty Chuck?

Ok.... I know I asked a buncha questions.... chime in on any of 'em if you would- I've asked in here because I give more weight to opinions of those who care enough and know enough to vape the very best :D

Sweet Einstein, I'm so frikkin WORDY!

Last edited:

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
Well, the biggest development for the eGo was the battery life, 8-12 hours instead of 1-2. Amazing difference, and now eGo's are the same price as the damn 510 starter I bought october of last year. Go figure.

Auto feeds, I haven't really looked at much.

Otherwise, I haven't seen much else, except the Ivape. Vapor Thompson, has an Iphone that he can vape from, which is hilarious.. he had a vid of him taking a hit and receiving a text as he was doing it over on Elixir TV. Besides that, not much that I know of. The one thing I really thought was hot was the solid state switch on the Saber Mod, looks kinda like a lightsaber hilt, and the switch has no moving parts... which, if possible, would be an awesome thing to throw on a Chuck, no more .... vaping or pocket frying of atties.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Don't know what to add.
I started vapin in February. Have a bunch of 510s that are now not being used.
Got my chucks about five weeks back, totally quit smoking when I did. Ordered two for my hubby.
Ponder other mods, then I think well just because some reviewer said other mod was great doesn't mean didley. I know if I blow my dough on something else I'll just be PO'd if it doesn't perform like my chuck or if it breaks...like the supplier would fix it like new for me, Not.

Juice fed, seems like a pita to me. The new generation of cartos is perfect, use them for a week or two and toss the minute they don't perform well. No more cleaning and fussing over attys.

ETA, only improvement would be a fool proof switch too, yesterday I sizzled my pants and I am paranoid about leaving my chuck assembled anywhere.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Right now it seems like the new stuff mod-makers are working on are:
1) improved liquid delivery (e.g. AFS)
2) ways to keep them from firing unintentionally (e.g. shut-offs, electronics)
3) variable connectors so you don't have to use adaptors

As far as I'm concerned, if we could just find a better button for Jeff to use, my Little Chuck would be the perfect vaping machine so I'm not looking any more.

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Right now it seems like the new stuff mod-makers are working on are:
1) improved liquid delivery (e.g. AFS)
2) ways to keep them from firing unintentionally (e.g. shut-offs, electronics)
3) variable connectors so you don't have to use adaptors

As far as I'm concerned, if we could just find a better button for Jeff to use, my Little Chuck would be the perfect vaping machine so I'm not looking any more.

Ty Poeia and all;

I think now from what I've seen I'll try the 510 cartos and probably end up buying a little chuck for stealth(ier) vaping. One o' dese dayses, there will be an elegant solution for a quick chuck shutoff that doesn't involve unscrewing the atty.... I'ma think about the issue a bit and see what my brane (sic) can come up with :blink:

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Ok... a couple of things now that I've crawled out of the woodwork after being holed up with Einstein for a while...

1) My testimonial

2) Request for suggestion

3) Request for a new Chuck feature

4) General "what's happening in ecig development" question for Chuckleheads.

1. I've been one happy camper with my Chucks- bought 4 of em so far and would buy more (will buy more). You just can't beat this value, solid construction, and it just plain works despite all the abuse you can (and I do!) throw at it.

Funny, but I could see this chuck hanging out on my workbench 10 years from now and smugly smirking to myself *heh heh* every Janty unit I ever bought hit the trash bin years ago... and heeeeeere's my Chuck!
  2. The only other e-cig I'm considering carrying is something that has excellent battery life and is a stealth unit (-for those times when, well, you just wanna vape very discreetly.)

Suggestions, (unless Jeff ever grows more clones and expands the line to Big Chuck, Little Chuck, Mini-Chuck and Micro-chuck) would be appreciated.
  3. The one feature I would still like to see in a Chuck is some sort of quick turn off- like a switch that would be worthy of the Chuck that maybe you could rotate to a locked "off" position.

That would have saved me a real problem this winter when my Chuck rolled under a briefcase on my car seat... was set up with 6v and a cartomizer.. and the switch landed in just the right spot for the weight of the briefcase to turn and HOLD it "on" ... oh my, my brand new car has an interesting custom texture right in the middle of the passenger seat :shock:. (I went ahead and made the first payment on it anyway....:rolleyes:)
  4. I wonder what is happening in the ecig market in general in terms of "is there anything *really* new? While I was catching up in the forum, what I see is more commercial mods, but all in all, all of them are batteries attached to 510's, 801's, 901's, Cartos, and a few 400 series models....

like, put a cone over a 510 to hold more heat and call it an EGO/Tornado, whatever. It SEEMS to me the truth is that there have been no real developments for almost a year. The closest to any real changes in the state of the art seems to be low resistance and High resistance atties- but all in all, that's just juggling currents too. Juice feeders sound interesting; dripping can be a pain, especially with the 510 as opposed to an 801.

If you're reading this thread, you probably are a Chucklehead like me and know stuff that's worthwhile... like, are there any juice feeders that you can hang off a Chuck? Are there new or different atties worth trying? Are the LR 510's or 801's worth hanging off my Chuck? Anything out there worth having as a supplement to the basic, trusty Chuck?

Ok.... I know I asked a buncha questions.... chime in on any of 'em if you would- I've asked in here because I give more weight to opinions of those who care enough and know enough to vape the very best :D

Sweet Einstein, I'm so frikkin WORDY!

I have several Chucks myself and use them all at 3.7.

I would love to see an option for 5v and also a lock out switch as you mentioned..

Maybe also a 1 16340 mini Chuck..

Oddgirl

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
Only thing I can think of is a more heavy-duty switch. I have three Chucks. All three switches have quit functioning after a month or two of constant use. I can't complain - I just send them back to Jeff for repairs and they are back to me within a week. And when the switches are working, the Chuck just works, no fiddling around whatsoever.

If there was just a switch out there that would hold up to constant use (and I mean every few minutes, every waking hour of the day) that would make my Chucks totally perfect. I know I'd be willing to pay substantially more for a really heavy-duty switch.

Regardless, I LOVE my Chucks and really appreciate Jeff's commitment to creating the perfect vaping device. I've spent probably $500 or more on other devices that have wound up in the drawer. But if Jeff ever decides to quit the Chuck biz, I'll be in deep doo-doo.

ChuckDragon

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Hi Steven, nice to see you back. The switch is my only issue with the Chuck. I have had mine since last year and it is bar none, Fantastic. I don't use any other vaping device. I have had no problems working with the switch that it currently has, I just have to take the necessary precautions. We'll just have to wait to see the changes and maybe someone will produce a switch with a cut-off that Jeff can use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread