ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was thinking about a way to keep everyone informed of updates and changes in the Classifieds and decided I would start this blog/thread to announce new things regarding the Classifieds and CO-OP section. This thread will include any changes to the rules, new useful services, good news, and any other changes we might be making. Please subscribe to this thread for these updates and recommend the thread to other members also. I will attempt to post atleast 1 report a month with the possibility or more as needed.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Announcements
  • For those who may be unaware, we introduced a new rule for profiteering and a new form for reporting issues with a Classifieds or CO-OP transaction gone bad. You can read about both of those here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-notice-new-classified-tools-please-read.html
  • In the CO-OP section the requirement to receive approval for CO-OPs that exceed $500 has been raised to $1000. With most CO-OPs easily exceeding $500, we felt it necessary to raise this limit.
  • A more promising means of sending and receiving money has been discovered. Some have already began using the service. According to the service, there are no restrictions on the products being bought, like with PayPal restrictions on e-cigs. The service is Popmoney.com. Popmoney charges a flat rate $.95 for all transactions, which simplifies all your transactions. Please check them out and express any problems you encounter with the service to me via PM.

• In December of last year a cooperative panel consisting of ECF staff and frequent users of the Classifieds was created in an attempt to create a safer Classifieds for our membership. During this endeavor, the group designed a process called Verified Member. It was met with some opposition, as many changes will, but prevailed and resulted in a much safer Classified and CO-OP section. We are approaching 1 year of the process being in place and I can report that within that year, we have had only 1 instance of fraud and with the information obtained through the verification process, we were able to pressure this person into returning numerous items he had stolen from the members.So we are proud to say, the process is doing exactly what it was setup to do. We would like to thank the team that assisted in the design of the process, the supporters, and each member that sees the benefit.
  • Since the introduction of the profiteering report, the pricing of used items has stabilized quite a bit and has not created a tremendous load on ECF staff. Please keep in mind this system is in place and it is not the members responsibility to comment in the ad regarding the price. You may politely advise the member via PM or you may report the ad but the not commenting about price in the thread rule still applies. So please keep your comments to yourself. All in all, I believe the new process has been a success.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
UPDATE:
It has been brought to my attention that Popmoney.com will periodically verbally confirm money being sent and may call a buyer and ask what is being bought. I will be adding to the CO-OP submission form a new field for CO-OP managers to name the item being sold. This will be mainly for Popmoney users and won't be a mandatory field due to the fact that Popmoney is the only seeking verbal confirmation but it might not be a bad idea to include a name for any other service being used, just in case. Popmoney has stated that they sale of ecig related items are not prohibited but why take a chance and it also doesn't mean that they won't be prohibited in the future.

Some suggested names:
APV - Battery box, flashlight, control box,switch box, metal tube, or etc.....
ejuice - flavor supplies, fragrances, vaporizer supplies, or etc....
tanks & attys - heating element, storage tank, or etc....

These are mere suggestions and you may use whatever terminology you choose, the key is to have all your buyers on the same sheet of music, so to speak. I don't foresee a problem with Popmoney but I feel it better we err on the side of caution.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
In recent CO-OPs it's been evident that the CO-OP coordinator is actually not the person performing the CO-OP and is more so acting for someone else. This is not acceptable and if you are found using someone or being used by someone, both parties risk losing all access to the Classified and CO-OP section.

If you are a CO-OP coordinator, you should not be partnering up with other members to run your CO-OP, especially other CO-OP coordinators who have active CO-OPs. The only exception is explained below in the next paragraph. This does not mean you can't seek advice, of course this is acceptable. The CO-OP coordinator should be collecting funds, receiving merchandise, and shipping merchandise. You are allowed to have other members help with the admin part of the CO-OP, like maintaining the spreadsheet and other admin type responsibilities. If you are unsure if helpers are allowed to do something, please ask.

One exception to the helpers is when the CO-OP is split between borders and the CO-OP shipment is split between the two countries. For instance, we've had a CO-OP that included US and Canada participants, the shipment was split accordingly and there were two members responsible for distributing the merchandise. This will be acceptable but please advise me when you seek approval for the CO-OP. If you aren't required to seek approval, please advise me via PM.

This policy is in effect from this day forward and does not apply to current CO-OPs. As any rule, this rule will evolve over time and you are expected to periodically review all CO-OP rules. I will post other changes here as well as in the rules.

See rule 8 under General Rules in the CO-OP rules. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...co-op-rules-updated-often-without-notice.html

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Today I would like to announce that I have a new assistant.

34y8sja.jpg

Please treat her with the same respect you've shown me.....ok well maybe a little better. She's not as nice as me :D

Reactions: dogluvr

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I will not be on the forum much over the next few weeks. My father is in the hospital and I'll be staying with him for the duration. I will try to drop in and answer PMs as much as possible but if you need assistance in a more timely manner, please contact classwife.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Update to the CO-OP rules:

Absolutely no mentioning of offsite CO-OPs. The reason for this is we have no jurisdiction over CO-OPs off the ECF site and we do not wish to imply in any way that we approve offsite CO-OPs.

Do not post links to your ordering or any other CO-OP related document outside the CO-OP section. Also do not place links to these documents inside your signature. This is bypassing the Verified Member process and will be considered "Buying/Selling outside the Classified/CO-OP section" which is an infractable offense.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Update to the Classifieds and CO-OP output form. The following added for easier and quicker access.

STAFF ANNOUNCEMENTS

Classified Rules
Profiteer Report Form
Please subscribe to the new Classifieds Blog

Reactions: Foggy Road

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
As many may know, CO-OP guidelines were being discussed and updated. Well, I'm listing them below. I know some may feel the measures are too stringent but trust me, it's better than the alternative (closure). Change isn't easy but neither is spending countless hours repairing a CO-OP gone bad. So please consider the change for the good and if things need to be adjusted at a later time, then we'll do so.

RULES
  1. All CO-OPs will require approval. You no longer are required to PM for approval. All new threads posted to Active CO-OPs will initially be moderated and will require moderator approval.
  2. No CO-OP can exceed $10,000 without considering a failsafe to protect the member's funds.
  3. No custom built "anything" CO-OPs. CO-OPs should be for manufactured retail items.
  4. Collecting money over what is needed to make the CO-OP purchase is considered profiting. This includes donations, tips, or any other designation you may decide to give extra money not needed to complete the CO-OP. No more asking for donations, whether that be in the CO-OP ad, PM, or email. If you are found asking or accepting, you risk being permanently banned from CO-OPs and Classifieds.
  5. (CO-OP Vet) CO-OPs totaling over $1000 will meet the following criteria:
    a. Must be a member on the forum for more than 6 months.
    b. Must have ran 2 successful CO-OPs previously.
    c. Your feedback score must be above 20 and 90% or higher.
  6. (CO-OP Noob) CO-OPs below $1000 should meet the following criteria:
    a. Must be a member on the forum at least 3 months.
    b. Your feedback score must be 5 or higher and 90% or higher.
    **If you do not fit within either of these 2 categories, you may have a CO-OP Vet sponsor you to run a $1,000 or less CO-OP. Inquire about the option via PM.
  7. You cannot have an Active CO-OP and a discussion to begin another CO-OP at the same time. Once your CO-OP is closed, meaning everyone has received their merchandise, you may start a new discussion. No more back to back CO-OPs, there should be a week or more between your CO-OPs.
  8. No pre-populating spreadsheets in the discussion forum for CO-OPs. CO-OP discussion is just that, discussion. It's meant to test interest in the product before launching the CO-OP. If you know you have the interest and don't feel a discussion is necessary, you may post to active without a discussion.
  9. No CO-OPs for liquids that require repackaging. CO-OPs for liquid products should be bought and sold as is without the need for tampering of any kind.

Sometime within the next 24 hours, the Active CO-OP section will become a moderated forum, so the threads will have to be approved by classwife or myself before they go live. Please bear with us as we adjust to this and form some type of schedule for approvals. Most likely we will do approvals in the morning and the evening and potential in between if time permits. As soon as I have a more concrete schedule, I'll post it here. Please do not flood our inboxes with request to have your thread approved, we'll get to it as soon as we can.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CO-OP rules updated:

Increased the limit on CO-OP Noob to $1,500 from $1,000.
Also added the following note for clarification:
*These totals will be total collected from members, not just cost of merchandise.

For those who might be wondering, you may request in your CO-OP discussion for a volunteer CO-OP Vet to sponsor you but please don't start a new thread to only ask for a sponsor.

Responsibilities of a sponsor:
1. Basically you are meant to coach a new member on how to handle their CO-OP.
2. You should view their quotes.
3. You should view their paid invoices.
4. You should be available to answer questions.

Always remember, we have some helpful information regarding CO-OPs here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coops/247540-co-op-guidelines.html and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coops/320029-co-op-howto-useful-tools.html, which most likely needs to be updated. Guess I found something else for me to do today! :D

I've also added a Question and Suggestion thread for CO-OPs, similar to the one for Classifieds. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coops/391422-co-op-questions-suggestions.html This should reduce the amount of duplicate questions answered via PM. Thanks!

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ok, due to popular demand, we have majorily redesigned the CO-OP Member groups.

First and foremost, no sponsor required. Most members should be able to fit within the groups listed below.

(CO-OP Vet) CO-OPs totaling over $5000 will meet the following criteria:
  • Must be a member on the forum for more than 6 months.
  • Must have run 4 successful CO-OPs previously.
  • Your feedback score must be above 20 and 90% or higher.
  • No 1 week wait between CO-OPs. Back to back allowed as long as only 1 active CO-OP at once.

(CO-OP Amatuer)CO-OP's totaling between $2500 and $5000 will meet the following criteria:
  • Must be a member on the forum at least 3 months.
  • Must have run 2 successful CO-OPs previously.
  • Your feedback score must be 10 or higher and 90% or higher.

(CO-OP Noob) CO-OPs below $2500 will meet the following criteria:
  • Must have run 1 successful CO-OPs previously.
  • Your feedback score must be 5 or higher and 90% or higher.

(CO-OP Beginner) CO-OPs below $1500 will meet the following criteria:
  • Your feedback score must be 5 or higher and 90% or higher.

You spoke.....we listened!

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Recently we've seen a rash of counterfeit devices appearing from suppliers, mainly overseas. ECF's stance on counterfeit merchandise is that it will not be allowed on the forum, we do not approve of such practices. Some may not agree with our ideas on this and state that it's not fair to disallow such devices. We would say, let yourself design and build something and have someone steal your hard work and sell your idea for 3 times less. It's one thing to clone a device and make it similar but counterfeiting is a despicable manner in which to do business and we despise the practice. At this time I would like to explain this in a little more detail.

Definitions of our ideology:

Unacceptable
Counterfeit - An exact replica of original device. This would include, logos and/or any markings in which the original device contains.

Acceptable
Clone - This is a device that may appear similar, with similar functionality, but does not contain any of the same markings.

From here out, no counterfeit device will be allowed to be sold/traded/wanted in the ECF Classifieds nor will these devices be considered for a CO-OP.

Clone devices are acceptable. As long as the device is totally absent of any markings contained by the original device, these devices will be allowed. You must disclose the fact it is a clone in your ad, preferably in the title as well as the description. Clone or counterfeit devices sold or traded on the forum that are knowingly misrepresented as the original device will result in revocation of Verified Member and also risk ban from the forum entirely.

Any current ads in the Classifieds concerning a counterfeit item or any CO-OP discussion concerning a counterfeit device should be closed immediately. Any ad or discussion still open September 1st will be handled according to the new rules.

So consider this your warning. DO NOT sell/trade/want any counterfeit device in the Classifieds, your thread will be closed and repercussions may follow.

Any CO-OP discussions concerning a counterfeit device will be closed with a warning. CO-OPs for counterfeit devices will never be approved, so there is point in a discussion.

This isn't ECF telling you what you can and can't buy, we are just saying you won't do it here.

The following is now added to the Classified rules.

Items being sold should not be misrepresented at any time. This includes listing a counterfeit product as the authentic product. Members found knowingly misrepresenting a cloned device as authentic WILL lose their Verified Member status and may risk being banned from ECF.

The following was added to the CO-OP rules.
Counterfeit items will not be discussed nor CO-OPed. Any discussion found concerning a counterfeit item will be closed with a warning. Counterfeit CO-OP request will be disapproved always.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So for reference, your Classifieds/CO-OP Staff:

classwife
sonicdsl
j0ker

I'd like to also take this moment to remind everyone.

If you have questions, please use this thread. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272922 You will receive a much quicker answer because not only will staff be notified but also we have some members capable of answering the questions. PMs could go days without an answer if whomever you PM is off. This also allows for others to see your question and answer so that we aren't answering the same question numerous times.

If a thread needs reported, please use the report button that is appropriate to your issue. If it's a rule violation (not profiteering), please use the yellow triangle at the bottom left corner of the post. If the report is concerning profiteering, please use the appropriate form that is linked at the bottom of every ad. If you use the report triangle for profiteering, you will receive a PM instructing you to use the profiteering report and only delaying the process. Just a little note, if your post needs something you can also use the yellow triangle, for example an edit to your post or title. PM'ing a staff member should be your last resort in the above mentioned scenarios.

Classified Complaints regarding a transaction with another member should use http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forms.php?do=form&fid=21. Please do not send the complaint through PM.

I'm not trying to discourage PMs, our inbox is always open for matters that require private communications, we just need to try to reduce the PM's that should use a public means of communication.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
CO-OPs Update:

We've added a new option for setting launch time for CO-OPs. To those who have hosted a CO-OP before know, the form we have in place doesn't really fit every CO-OP and sometimes the host has to be creative to provide the information we request, which can lead to questions through PM back and forth, and delays. Hopefully in time the form can evolve to work and fit all situations. Some host like to be able to announce a specific time the CO-OP goes live and this can be hard if the staff runs into questions or concerns over the numbers, causing a delay or inconsistent launch times. So we've added a new option called "Arranged". Basically this prevents the staff from launching without providing notice to the host and we agree upon a time together. This allows the host to notify his interested members so they have first chance at entering the CO-OP.

So if your desire is to have your interested members notified ahead of time, type arranged in the time you want the CO-OP to go live and we'll work with you to setup the time.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Minor update to CO-OP Vet requirements:

May be permitted to run more than 1 active CO-OP in situations where there are lengthy delays or the second CO-OP is found to be necessary in use of the first CO-OP (Limit of 1 extra active CO-OP). **There is no guarantee or right to being granted permission and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.**

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Several rule updates:

Counterfeit definitions further clarified:

Unacceptable
Counterfeit - Counterfeits will basically be an exact replica of the original and not so much tied to the shape as it is more the markings. The shape would come into play if there are unique characteristics of the device. This can include grooves, cutouts, coloring, or trademarks in specific locations.

Acceptable
Clone - Can be similar in size, shape, and even design but will not contain the same markings or colors. As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original, not just by the word clone, it will be considered a clone. Just by declaring a device a clone in it's title or description will not necessarily make it a clone. The clone device should be absent of all characteristics contained in the original, grooves, cutouts, coloring, or trademarks.

**As long as the device can be distinguished as different from the original, not just by the word clone, it will be considered a clone.

New high dollar rule added:
High Dollar Classifieds Transactions

**REMINDER - The Classifieds is a buyer beware and we cannot be responsible for recovery of lost merchandise nor money.**
  1. A high dollar amount on ECF Classifieds will be any amount over $1,000.
  2. High dollar transaction must be pre-approved before posting in the Classifieds. (Send PM for approval)
  3. An escrow service must be used with any high dollar transaction. (This is for the protection of the buyer and seller)

If the transaction goes bad, we ask that you notify us via the Classified Complaint Form. If you used an escrow service as advised, you will use this service to dispute the transaction but if the buyer or seller is at fault, we will act accordingly to protect the membership.

**To the seller: We recommend creating a video of packing and preparing your shipment to have should a dispute arise.
**To the buyer: We recommend creating a video upon arrival of package and unpacking of the shipment.
These videos may not be needed but it would be better to be safe, than sorry.

High quantity selling further clarified: (under General Overview)

10. Buying bulk to resell in the Classifieds is prohibited. The purpose of the Classifieds is for member to sell used and unused merchandise no longer needed or wanted.
11. Anyone posting multiple quantities for sale, or very frequently and with similar items for sale, may be considered a supplier. This will incur infractions or may even risk a ban. For large quantities, seek pre-approval. PM for approval.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Time for some fundraising auctions. I'll run a few trials tonight. I'm sure I'll run into some things I've forgotten, so hopefully we can iron those bugs out tonight. I don't have a specific places setup for questions, so if anyone has a question feel free to post the question here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coops/391422-co-op-questions-suggestions.html.

I will use this thread to announce when an auction is posted, so subscribe to this thread and select to be immediately notified. The Auction will be posted in the Active CO-OP section and will be labeled as "AUCTION" in the title. All details will be included in each auction post.

Information concerning these auctions:

Fundraising auctions explained:

Items are donated to the fundraiser by members or suppliers. These items can be excess from store stock, CO-OP excess, or products no longer wanted by members. In situations where the member has expense out of pocket, a reserve price may be established to help recoup the loss. The funds over the reserve will be placed in a CO-OP recovery fund and used in some way to help members recover from failed CO-OPs. If you are a member with something you wish to sell in the Classifieds, I'd ask you consider allowing me to auction the item. Understand your reserve would need to be below retail or if it's a no longer produced item, we can discuss the reserve.

Auction items will be tested for functionality where able and described to the best of my ability. Any item unopened will not be opened for testing and will be sold as "New Unopened & Untested". Understand that all items are being sold as-is with no type of warranty of any kind. DOA items will be unfortunate but a possibility, so keep this in mind when placing your bid.

These auctions are available to all verified members, in the Active CO-OP section, and international shipping will be available. Please keep in mind that we will not be responsible for lost or seized shipments. Please bear this in mind when you consider bidding on an item. Members will be responsible for all shipping cost involved. For domestic shipping, Priority Flat Rate will be the default means of shipping. International shipping will require some coordination between myself and the winning member and the cost will be assessed at my earliest convenience. Understand that international shipping could be delayed by a couple days to a week, dependent upon my schedule.

There will be 2 types of auctions:

1. Blind Auctions - This thread will be closed to discussion and a link to a form where members will be allowed to post a bid will be provided. There will be an established length of time for this auction and once that time is reached, no more bids will be accepted. These bids will not be publicly accessible to the membership. Once the time period for the auction has expired, I will determine the highest bidder and they will be contacted with instructions on how to proceed with their purchase.

2. Live Auctions - When this auction is posted, an established length of time will be posted. Members will be allowed to post their live bid until the given length of time has expired, at which point the thread will be closed. Once the thread is closed, the highest bidder will be instructed as to how to proceed with their purchase.

Rules:
  • By placing a bid, you understand you are entering into a binding agreement to pay the amount you post.
  • All funds must be received within 5 days of being deemed the winning bidder. If you cannot fulfill your obligation, please do not bid.
  • Winning bidder will be responsible for all shipping costs.
  • Any winning bidder that fails to fulfill their obligation to purchase the winning item will be banned from any future auctions.

If you are a CO-OP host and have excess that you would like to donate or you're a member with items you would like to donate, please contact me via PM. Also, we would like to ask CO-OP host to consider adding an item or items to future CO-OPs to donate to this effort to raise money. In time we would like to be able to run these auctions fairly regular and use funds to donate to a determined charity.

As soon as these auctions get rolling, I will provide a spreadsheet available to all, showing the funds collected during each auction.

Keep in mind this is a new endeavor and may be some adjustments during the beginning. As things are updated I will post them here.

Auctions will begin around 8pm CST tonight. Subscribing to thread will be the best option if you'd like to be notified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread