The Clerk at the Super 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I spoke with the clerk at the Super 8 I'm staying in tonight while checking into my room a few minutes ago.

The clerk, an older lady probably in her mid-70s, greets me with a forced smile. She looks really tired, almost sad, but I could really tell she was trying to keep her cool. I asked her, "Is everything alright?"

She tears up and answers me, "Everything is fine," and continues to ring me up and assigns me a room and key. Then out of nowhere, she begins crying in her hands, walks into her office and sits down, in what I can only assume was an attempt gather herself together. She left the door open, so I caroused into the room and asked her if she needed anything. So she fills me in.

Last Thursday morning, her daughter had died. Lung cancer. The poor, poor woman. Her daughter was in her 50s, but she still referred to her as her baby. I spoke with her for a good while, but I truly am exhausted so I had to head to my room earlier than I really wanted to.

I feel so, so sorry for the woman and pray she can somehow manage to find some peace, but at the same time I am F#%@ING LIVID.

I implore you all, if the FDA bans the sale of these godsend devices, we need to actually get up and do something about it. No more being pushed around by these immoralist swine, abiding by this status quo they impose on us to allow them to maintain their incredulous cash flow. This industry MUST continue as it is. Please, I ask you all to tell everyone you see of these electronic cigarettes. We need to get the word out, so that a ban on the sale of these products would be outmaneuvered by the vastness of its educated user base.

If people want to continue their tobacco addiction, that's all fine with me, but for those who want access to an alternative that contains NO carcinogens, then our government had DAMN WELL BETTER LET US HAVE IT!

I'm going to sleep now, guys and gals, but for the love of God, we have to keep this industry afloat.

I'll be donating more to the ECA tomorrow, as tonight my eyes were widened to a new facet in regards to this industry that I hadn't previously fully understood.

Last edited:

OutWest

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Oklahoma USA
www.alternasmokes.com
My father died from lung cancer due to smoking and he tried uncountable times to quit using everything on the market. If ecigs would have been around a few decades ago, it might have made a difference for him, just as it might have made a difference for the clerk's daughter in the OP as well as numerous others that have died because of tobacco. And, that's what infuriates me about the whole situation with the FDA and the govt. To restrict the public from having access to safer alternatives (whether it be snus, ecigs, or any other safer alternative) is a crime against humanity, imho.

newbutt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've kinda lost count of how many friends & relatives I've lost to cancer. I also believe e-cigs saved or at least extended my life. I for one tell anyone that will listen about e-cigs,about this forum,the list of suppliers,FDA,etc. I kinda remind myself of one those fresh born agains, I can't have a conversation without praising e-cigs.Please don't flame me for that comment.
I do have faith that this culture & industry will survive,but I predict a lot of bumps along the way,along with government getting their finger in the pie. I also believe if it's to survive,big retailers will & will have to get involved. It's just the way our system works, not saying I like it, I just believe it true.

I recently got back from a resort in Mexico. I had numerous deep conversations about all of the above,most had tequila added. When it came to the questions concerning the FDA stance & why,the answer was always"follow the money".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread