WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
No. From the Provape website:
We recommend only using AW IMR high drain batteries in your ProVari Mini
You must use batteries that have a positive button on the top. Flat top batteries will not work. Using magnets on top of your batteries will void the warranty.

ETA: The same message applies to the full size.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As stated by WhiteHighlights, the Provape website states several times to use only AW IMR high drain button top batteries in a Provari.

The Provari was specifically designed to use only button top batteries by their designers. This prevents a customer from haphazardly installing a battery in backwards. This is called "reverse polarity", and can do very bad things to your mod.

Using magnets on a flat top battery to work in a mod is considered dangerous and a major safety hazzard. Doing so will void the Provape warranty. Why risk destroying a perfectly fine and expensive mod like the Provari because of not spending $ 20 on some button top IMR batteries?

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
i put a piece of tinfoil on top of the battery, it worked and i vaped it, but it kept getting hotter. i took out the bottom cap and sparks flew everywhere.

hmmm...

any good mods that take flat tops? my batteries still work but it feels like a waste for the three i just bought.

Perhaps next time you should put some bacon in the tin foil first. It may not vape too well, but you'll have a nice snack.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
The only thing tinfoil is safe for is stopping the gov't.

91FnKlV.jpg

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
i put a piece of tinfoil on top of the battery, it worked and i vaped it, but it kept getting hotter. i took out the bottom cap and sparks flew everywhere.

hmmm...

any good mods that take flat tops? my batteries still work but it feels like a waste for the three i just bought.

I just stored 30 Panasonic 18650s that I use in a Joye 18650 mod. Great batts but I certainly wouldn't ruin my Prov for a battery. There are lots of mods that will use your flat tops. Check the ECF APV threads & suppliers, I'm sure you'll find something. The AW's are great batts www.rtdvapor.com has them at a very good price & quick shipping. Good luck to you & enjoy....

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I saw the people using magnets and I figured it would serve the same purpose without frying the ProVari. Turns out instead of magnetizing it just melts it given enough time (mine still works)
Well, you're not the first person on ECF to do something stupid battery related.

The following links are threads which have been moved to the "Not Advisable" sub-forum, which I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved there already. Consider what these bozo's did:

I removed the protective circuit from my Li Ion battery. Stupid?

I'm stacking two 18350 batteries in my Provari

Why are IMR's so expensive? I use unprotected Li Ion batteries.

Laptop batteries

Battery witchcraft

Does any one else harvest batteries from laptops for their mod?

Vaping off a car battery

Old Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread