The Coughing is KILLING us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
We, dh and I, just received our KR8 Friday (today is Tuesday) and both of us are still coughing, started the first vape. The first day was ridiculous, then the 2nd day got better after I tried the Wyatt Earp free sample we got with our order (freedomsmoke), but still we are having a very hard time with the other flavors. Interestingly the flavors that gave us the least coughing were the Wyatt Earp 24mg 50/50 and the Capuccino 30mg 80/20, but the Strawberry Twist & Hawaiian Tropical, 24mg, 50/50 are killing us.Of course we ran out of the "non killers" and are waiting on an order, but any ideas on what we need to order to stop this coughing? I'm not sure we can keep this up if it continues.Thank you SO much for any help you offer!Cindy T

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
Thank you all for the quick responses.I'm not sure the nic level is the prob since one of the "non killers" is 30mg, but I do have some 18mg on the way.I ordered some blank cartomizers from a diff site since freedom didn't have any and also ordered some juice from there, so I guess I'll know when I get it. Maybe it is something in the juice from freedom that's getting us. I hope not because I just ordered a bunch more from there tonight in different strengths to try to figure this out.Could it because the only cartomizers we have were the ones that came in the kit? They tasted so bad, I just blew them out and filled with the juice.I don't want to give up. I really think this is a viable alternative, but the coughing is a real issue.Thank you all again!Cindy T

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
I've decided that VG just doesn't agree with me... I get coughing on high VG proportions even after 4 1/2 months. I agree with the earlier posters, try some from lots of different suppliers. Also, that first week or two for me, I coughed as bad (or worse) as if I was still on analogs... my lungs were clearing out after 26 years of abuse. The PG/VG dries them out, and all that built-up gunk starts coming up... just stick with it, it gets better. Drink lots of water and (I know this is gross, but) check out the phlegm you're coughing up. It'll start getting clearer over time.

I'd also suggest trying all PG and all VG... one or the other should come across less "harsh".

About the coughing: Did you know that cigarettes would make you cough, except that the tobacco companies actually put something in them that anesthetizes the throat? E-cigs don't have that in them. So it's very typical for new e-cig smokers to cough when they inhale. Be sure as advised above to not direct-inhale; make a pitstop in your mouth first before deep breathing it in. That's where most of the nicotine is absorbed anyway. Try some menthols, which despite having a great "throat hit" feel kind of cooling in your throat. Every moment you're vaping, be drinking water too. It will pass. You'll soon notice how improved your deep breathing is, among many other benefits!

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
Thank you! Maybe it is the VG. I think I'll try something without it and see. All the stuff I've tried is at least 20% VG.OH, this makes me cough way more than analogs. I can smoke one (an analog) now and be so relieved, it's so mild. I smoke reds, 2+ packs a day, 30 years.Funny though, since I've ran out of juice that doesn't me have me gasping for air and smoked more analogs today, I missed my e cig already.I think I'll do a bit of shopping, again.Cindy T

taylormomto6

Sep 15, 2010
California
About the coughing: Did you know that cigarettes would make you cough, except that the tobacco companies actually put something in them that anesthetizes the throat? E-cigs don't have that in them. So it's very typical for new e-cig smokers to cough when they inhale. Be sure as advised above to not direct-inhale; make a pitstop in your mouth first before deep breathing it in. That's where most of the nicotine is absorbed anyway. Try some menthols, which despite having a great "throat hit" feel kind of cooling in your throat. Every moment you're vaping, be drinking water too. It will pass. You'll soon notice how improved your deep breathing is, among many other benefits!

I'm not direct inhaling. I'm glad to hear we aren't the only ones because it seems like it's so easy for many, no couging at all. You know, everyone who has tried it, we have grown kids and their friends, has coughed. From an aunt who has smoked for 50 years, to young men who have only smoked under a year, they all cough. (Yes, we have passed it around).I may try the menthol. Definately going to figure it out! Thank you so much,Cindy T

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.

Yep I agree with this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread