The davide, puritank or protank 2?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I want to buy a glass Clero so that I can try juice that may crack plastic, However I do not want to sacrifice Flavor. I(cant seem to sart a new sentence on a new line either if any one can tell me how for next post )I like the look of the puritan I see reviews on all these tanks commenting on muted Flavor .What I am confused about is if Flav is good an evod and I use evod head Then why would the flav be muted with a different tank if using the same head?] And also what would you say on best Glass clero at a reasonable price for flav?

FloydianSlip

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
The Astral Plane
Well I can say from recent experience both the Protank2 and Davide are good bits 'o kit. I have not noticed any flavor muting on my Davide but I have had to tweak applied voltage on my APV to bring out the best in some of my juices. I'm glad I went glass since I noticed the plastic tank on my Victory VT was starting to show signs of loss of clarity in the plastic which leads me to think one of my juices was starting to interact with the plastic.

Glass for me from now on.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have the Protank and the Protank 2 I like them both. To start a new paragraph all you have to do is hit enter.

I thinking of trying the Davide since it uses the Protank Heads but I have heard that it doesn't have the build quality of the Protank but would be nice to have as a back up.

The Puritank is the only one of the 3 that cannot be disassembled and the Puritank uses glue which some have reported as coming undone and worries of glue leaking into the juice.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
I want to buy a glass Clero so that I can try juice that may crack plastic, However I do not want to sacrifice Flavor. I(cant seem to sart a new sentence on a new line either if any one can tell me how for next post )I like the look of the puritan I see reviews on all these tanks commenting on muted Flavor .What I am confused about is if Flav is good an evod and I use evod head Then why would the flav be muted with a different tank if using the same head?] And also what would you say on best Glass clero at a reasonable price for flav?

dbox puritank- better, smoother draw, better flavor.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I have the Protank and the Protank 2 I like them both. To start a new paragraph all you have to do is hit enter.

I thinking of trying the Davide since it uses the Protank Heads but I have heard that it doesn't have the build quality of the Protank but would be nice to have as a back up.

The Puritank is the only one of the 3 that cannot be disassembled and the Puritank uses glue which some have reported as coming undone and worries of glue leaking into the juice.

Thank you for your reply especially with puritan now its off my list

As far as the hit enter would be the first thing I tried while it works on replies and everywhere else in the internet world
It does not seem to do anything when starting a thread

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
What I am confused about is if Flav is good an evod and I use evod head Then why would the flav be muted with a different tank if using the same head?
When it comes to 'flavor' or 'taste', ignore pretty much anything and everything you read until you try them for yourself. Seriously.

But, to answer your question, there are a couple of reasons why one tank may behave differently over another with the (exact) same head (literally) ...improper design that doesn't allow for juice circulation within the tank or restricts juice access to the coil wick would be one (the Davide Mini has a huge problem with this) ...juice viscosity would be another (a variable many people ignore).

And also what would you say on best Glass clero at a reasonable price for flav?
I do not have the Puritank so I cannot comment on that, but I have - and regularly use - the Protank 1 and 2, and the Davide Glassomizer ...of those, I like the Protank 2 the best. My :2c:

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
Well I can say from recent experience both the Protank2 and Davide are good bits 'o kit. I have not noticed any flavor muting on my Davide but I have had to tweak applied voltage on my APV to bring out the best in some of my juices. I'm glad I went glass since I noticed the plastic tank on my Victory VT was starting to show signs of loss of clarity in the plastic which leads me to think one of my juices was starting to interact with the plastic.

Glass for me from now on.

Agreed. The Protank2 and the Davide are my fave glasso's so far. Btw, I love Pink Floyd too. :2cool: JD

bertopl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I like the Puritank too. and I also have the Davide and Protank 2. I had some initial problems with it but they are resolved now. the center post was crooked on the Puritank when I got it and it was giving my PV errors. maybe I'm not a connoisseur like some others on this board but I find the differences in performance between the Puritank, Protank 2 and the Davide to be subtle. Puritanks certainly have some room to up their quality control judging from my unit but it was an easy fix and I really like the larger capacity.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...

where exactly have you read or heard about the puritank "coming undone" or "glue leaking into the juice"? I have searched and can't seem to find reports of this happening- what I do find is a few people repeating this very claim over and over. I am curious because it sounds like you want it to be true rather than it BEING true. so much of the internet chatter is this repeated innuendo or outright lies told as truth. I have all three tank- protanks 1&2 and the puritank -all are good but the puritank has more capacity and a better draw right out of the box. putting a tatroe bottom on the protanks helps but that is a $15 fix making the price pretty high. if you like one item over the other that is fine, but if you are going to cite a reason it would be nice to not to throw out something you "heard". like I read somewhere where owning a provari causes impotence and dementia.......

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
If you are really concerned about the "muted" flavor, get a dripping atomizer ( 1 best flavor) ............ (2nd best) a quality tank and cartomizer such as a tank from IBTanked (next best flavor) ............(3rd) then its the Protank/Davide Just my opinion.....

The Protanks are great and quite easy..as is the davide ..... I cant remember having experienced the Puritank....... But I do have dementia from using my Provari...

Last edited:

Frankenmizer

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Dimension V
My concrns with the ProTank 2 are:
  1. the coils appear to have significant variability in their stated resistance
  2. performance of the coils are also highly variable
  3. two reports of the tank glass shattering, one report in the ECF forum and one on the Maryland Vapers FB page (with pictures)
  4. an apparent shift in parts in later production runs - specifically noted were changes in the drip tips (Maryland Vapers FB, with pictures)

I have not tried Davide or PuriTank, and judging from the comments here, I may not.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I would hazard that the majority of negative comments I've read about the Protank, Davide and PuriTanks are coming from folks that have never, ever used them.

I have Protanks and PuriTanks. Love 'em both. Not a single issue with them. None. Nada. Zilch.

As for the glass shattering? I'd take any report of instantaneous shattering with a grain of salt.

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States

My friend got a Protank the same day I got the Davide. We did a side by side comparison. Build quality on both is very good, I might even give a slight edge to the Davide. Either tank is a great choice.

Frankenmizer

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Dimension V
I would hazard that the majority of negative comments I've read about the Protank, Davide and PuriTanks are coming from folks that have never, ever used them.

I have Protanks and PuriTanks. Love 'em both. Not a single issue with them. None. Nada. Zilch.

As for the glass shattering? I'd take any report of instantaneous shattering with a grain of salt.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MDvapers/permalink/528671250539254/

Any questions? Oh, by the way, I have seven ProTank 2's.

grain-of-salt.jpg

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Honestly? I don't believe everything I see on the Internet. Just like people who post Youtube videos as "proof", I don't immediately validate a story with pictures as true either.

Seriously? "My Protank just exploded in my hand." When what most likely really happened is "I was dumb and dropped my mod which resulted in a broken Protank."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread