The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The dilemma of being a vapist and a tobacconist

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Vaped Crusader, Aug 12, 2018 at 7:21 AM.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. The Vaped Crusader

The Vaped Crusader Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Despite me constantly chucking clouds of buttered coffee vapor my official self employed job title is as a tobacconist. I manually roll about 200+ cigs a day by hand that I produce from whole leaf organic tobacco. I flavor and age the sourced leaves, chop, grind and shred until I achieve results my clients want. I make organic tobacco products and put massive amounts of time into providing my customers with top notch tobacco and help to promote my brands of products and services which are otherwise hard to produce online or at local shops. People want vanilla hand rolled cigars, increased nicotine, spiced flavors, raspberry or lavender tobacco products and I deliver.

Yet I am an absolute chain vaping hippy who casually smokes once a week at most and more than not I do so to ensure the quality of my product. But when your making hundreds of dollars a week working from the comfort of home it is impossible to say no yet I see many people in the vape community look down at smoking yet here I am promoting it and getting people hooked on my products.

I am not sure how this would be taken by vapists as their seems to be a stigma against us smokers but then again maybe I am not a true vapist either as I openly prefer the taste of fine tobacco over e-juice but wish not to taint the smell of my product in my own home yet alone walk outside to smoke my pipe.

I am a very religious person and consider myself having excellent moral fiber yet I make custom cigarettes so my clients can do smooth inhales with tobacco that has an altered nicotine increase. Am I scum of the earth or just a run of the mill hustler?

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. dripster

dripster Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    Purgatory just kidding so sorry I apologize for the fact I did it on purpose. :ohmy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Psihoza

Psihoza Senior Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Croatia
    As hiody,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Psihoza

Psihoza Senior Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Croatia
    I would not judge you but would applaud you if you slowly stop selling it, of course only if you honestly believe smoking is much worse than vaping.

But what about starting with vaping products and earn money with that. For your profile I think making your own naturally extractex tobacco juices would be compatible with your current occupation. Maybe start with that in parallel, honestly tell yoir client yoir opinion and your story about vaping and then see how it goes. Maybe NET income surpases your tobacco income and it makes your decision even easier?

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Vaped Crusader

Jul 7, 2018
    I have made my opinion on tobacco usage quite explicit to my clients but I don't push it on them. Some clients are health conscious hence they prefer my usage of organic tobacco and by no means are chain smoking a whole pack yet alone inhaling it. To this very day I enjoy an unfiltered coffee flavored cig on weekend nights because the flavor is just fantastic to me. I do enjoy my own creations obviously regardless of health concerns, and there are many smokers looking for flavor only hence they come to me by word of mouth.

Maybe I should be a bit more pushy and promote my e-juices more, as of now I just blend concoctions for my buddies who mostly vape and I do it for free considering the ease of it. But I am also a strong capitalist and I feel very intimidated about putting my morals in my business. It scares the hell out of me and having depression issues only makes me a very awkward person. I am not gonna deny that my room looks like a Walter White .... lab because of my work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. dripster

dripster Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    • Like Like x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm kind of like more like "How on earth did you get this awesome job." LOL.

I mean, is this cater to the very rich or what and don't you get, ah bored? IDK I feel like if I had a job making custom cigarettes I would be very, very bored.

My little brother did once try to convince me that he felt he had a calling "in Amsterdam" creating custom hand crafted similar products and I will admit said products are very well made and whatnot, but I could not help but feel the market for said products would be both small, ultra rich, and slightly LUDICROUS I mean they were better than the machined ones, sure, but only the ultra rich must waste any time on that surely?

Although I'm all about parting the ultra-rich from their money, but this just smacks of a slight patina of ludicrous and pretentious, so I'm not necessarily condemning you from that necessarily either. I mean.... We all do it to a certain extent.

Do you watch daytime TV as you do it or would that detract from the end product due to distractions? Just how artisan are we talking here ? And, pics? I really really above all want to see pictures of your, um, manufacturing area.

LOL, it kind of sounds like the cigarette I might want to smoke right before my death so how does one place an order? I'm going to need it in a glass capsule that says, "If near the nearest emergency, death, well, break glass.

And, etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Hey man, whatever works for you. I loved smoking, and still miss it at times, but I made the switch to vaping because of my health concerns. If folks are wanting to buy your product, I see no moral reason to not provide that to them, free market in action. I don't know what country you hail from so no idea of what your legal situation is, but if you are in any way at risk from your particular situation, that should be reflected in the cost of your product, it is what it is. At least you are choosing to use what is best for you. Keep On Keepin' On. :thumb::cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. The Vaped Crusader

Jul 7, 2018
    Simple . . .

Think.
    Wake up.
    Find people.
    Offer samples.
    They enjoy samples.
    Charge them for more.
    They prefer your product.
    They become loyal to product.

See that text? Literally a pyramid scheme! :D

I usually just produce at my desk while listening to audio books. Making e-juice and rolling is very therapeutic to me. My dysthymia is best calmed when I am doing something monotonous or something yielding results. Rich smoke my product daily while those below smoke them casually.

To a degree but it is also satisfying every time you make a pack of strawberry tobacco from organic products knowing you literally have no competition. I once had a guy ask what is in my fruit tobacco and my response was literally, "fruit, what else." I am unrivaled in all of California as far as I know in both quality and market. Yes my market is small and no more than 30ish people at a daily constant but it pays bills and I am always up for expansion.

I stopped watching TV a decade ago, I am a bibliophile with a pretty lavish personal library at the moment. Plus with a digital book subscriptions providing audiobooks, I get a lot of work done by not fiddling with pages. I grew up poor a few blocks from a very famous ghetto and have hustled my way to money since. I may be legit but not having money is the only thing that makes me sad.

Hehehe
    A good tobacco product is to die for in my opinion. Vaping is becoming a norm but I truly wish tobacco would stop being a cheap thrill as Big Tobacco has made it and become a distinguished and novel experience. Nobody needs the worries about their health but at the same time your phone provides you with plenty of cancer as is. Keep it simple and clean, which is why I only deal in organic products. More expensive sure but it also works as a deterrent from chain smoking. I have now made people go from smoking a pack a day to a pack a week as the stinkies don't cut it for them and prefer a vastly higher quality product.

My next market venture is e-juice production at this point.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I'm sure it will be fantastic.

I really don't think that my phone gives me cancer. I really really don't. I also don't believe in "Sorta" gluten intolerance, or that microwaves leech all the nutrients from food and I KNOW how terrible life is and etc., like the fact that turtles have straws in their noses etc, but life expectancy just continues to climb. I mean, I'm sure like, it won't climb indefinitely that's not a feasible structure or whatnot.

But your tobacco sounds nice, so glad I'm not buying it. I'd probably hate it, honestly, but I have enjoyed the fine "heavy metals" taste of Basics in college, LOL. Tobacco's nice and so is nice tobacco but I'm in life for the EFFECT. LOL. Trust me, there is no mythical pack of smokes that would get me down to like one pack a week, I'm more a three pack a day chick.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  11. United States

United States Full Member

Yesterday
    RVA
    A clear conscience makes for a mighty soft pillow at night. If your conscience is clear, who are we to judge.

The "plank in my eye versus the speck in yours" comes to mind. And it aint like you're selling dope to pregnant ladies.

I like the suggestion of making NET juice. Then perhaps show the virtues of todays fine mouth to lung devices to thwart the notion that vapers are cloudy dope smokers that big tobacco has successfully been able to portray this industry.

Yup

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Uh I have heard (I did not test this hypothesis) that dope is healthier than tobacco when it comes to pregnancy I mean look at Jamaica. They've done studies there that found zero difference because trying to do one here would result in a lot of CPS reports.

I will note that quitting smoking for pregnancy and nursing was like the HARDEST thing I've ever done, and I wanted to smoke the WHOLE time. LOL.

Anna