Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
...the Doctor of Popular Culture, that is (AKA, Dr. Oz): www.myfoxphilly. com/story/23457187/dr-oz-talks-about-electronic-cigarettes

Oddly, this is the same guy that embraces any/every manner of Hollywood Chic herbal pseudo science. But looking at harm reduction in favor of gums, patches or drugs with single-digit effectiveness? That would be network suicide. Better that 90% of those taking his quit-or-die advice just die.

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
The video finally ran for me. It wasn't too bad, imo. In fact, I agree with part of his thoughts. ie . If a person can quit completely, all forms of a habit, any habit or addiction, they are better off. (more than likely). ie.. If they never begin in the first place, the addiction, they are better off. ie.. it's up to us to educate our young to refrain from all addicting behaviors. I can't argue with that sentiment, and agree. He's just convinced yet of the long term effects of vaping, for us vapers. Not smoking cigarettes, puts the long term effects way in our favor, because we are not smoking long term anymore. It's up to the individual whether or not they want to vape for the rest of their lives or whether they want to be quit with everything within a time frame. I think he would be more open to the ecigs if everybody wanted them for a certain time frame. That's understandable in some ways, until we know whether or not we all turn into pumpkins 200 years from now.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
What really ticks off most of those opposed to ecigs
is the visual of an e-smoker blowing huge harmless vapor clouds.
Ticks them off to no end !!
:p
YES it does!! It looks like smoking. Most cant get past that. People forget that all of the bans and demoralizing is because cigarettes cause tons of harm. Time to separate feelings and visions from science when acting on e-cigs!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
1-ThumbsUp_zpsc134b2bb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread