The Dovpo D-Salt Pod System-A review by Charlie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi again guys and sorry about the delay for this review. I have been really busy lately. Thank you to @dovpo_hannah for sending this lovely pod kit through for review.

As always I was given this pod system free to review but it will not affect my opinion, good or bad, you will hear about it :)

Ok then let's kick off with a few pictures of the Dovpo D-salt Pod Kit...

20190813_113742-jpg.833609

20190813_113840-jpg.833611

The D-Salt comes to you in a nicely done and packaged sleeved box and inside you will find the following.

1 x D-Salt Pod device.
1 x Refillable Pod.
1 x Micro USB Cable.
1 x User Manual.

It also comes with a Dovpo business card which gives their website details and other contact details and a quality control card. The QC card is stamped so if necessary it is traceable to the manufacturing time and date. You don't often see this kind of attention to detail from other manufactures so I was pleased to see this included :)

The Dovpo D-Salt Pod system is a nicely designed device which although not a new form factor, it is one that is tried and tested and it feels very nice in the hand. It has a nice weight to it and it feels solid. The detachable pod system is refillable and simply pulls out of the device when you unscrew the drip tip arrangement. It takes the form of a clear plastic cylinder style tank with a rubber bung on the top for filling. The filling aperture is nice and big and makes sure that filling is fast an easy without any leaks. There is absolutely no chance of the pod falling out of the device as it is effectively contained by the screw top.

The Dovpo D-Salt contains a 1 500 mah battery which charges in around 40 minutes from empty to full. The output voltage is between 3.0 and 4.2 volts and the indicator light will show charge as follows...

Red- <3.65 volts.
Blue- 3.65-3.95 volts.
Green- >3.95 volts.

It has an 8 second puff cut off function and a number of safety switches which are pod not detected, short circuit protection, low battery power indication and power saving mode which cuts in after 3 seconds of vaping the device. The light flashes green whilst charging and stays a constant green when fully charged. Charging voltage is 5V at 1 amp.

20190813_114045-jpg.833613

20190813_114630-jpg.833619

The coils available are mesh and are 0.5 ohm and the Pod capacity is 2ml something I find more than adequate for most pod systems. It is recommended to let the wick prime and soak after first filling for at least 15 minutes and to refill once the liquid level gets below 1/4 of the tank. The body of the Pod has two slots/windows on each side to enable you to see the liquid levels easily but it's tinted so I found it needed a back light to be read efficiently.

There is no fire button as the pod is draw activated which is always a nice feature to have in a pod device.

The pod comes in five different colours and it's nice to see that Dovpo have gone for the more classic looks here giving the device a sleek look. I have been sent the rainbow coloured device which a lot of you will know well from other products which I like a lot.

capture-jpg.833625

The drip tip is 510 compatible and will exchange easily for other drip tips you have although the base diameter of the drip tip will have to be the same as the existing top cap locating housing to prevent overhang.

Conclusions and thoughts.

The Dovpo D-Salt pod system is marketed as a direct lung device and it does accomplish this with some caveats. It is very much a restricted direct lung and in my opinion if it was any more restricted it would be a loose mouth to lung. Some of you may describe it in that way in fact :)

I have tested the device for around 3-4 weeks now and have had absolutely no complaints either with the longevity of the battery (which is really good), or with the mesh coils. Although I got sent 2 spare pod tanks I have had no need for them. The flavour and the function of the 1 pod that i am using is like new.

20190813_114309-jpg.833615
20190813_114717-jpg.833623

The Dovpo D-Salt pod system is obviously aimed at the salt nic market but it would work equally well with freebase. The 0.5 ohm mesh coil is very efficient so I would recommend a bit of caution. I have been using my standard pod salt mix at 36mg/ml and it is verging on a bit strong from a nic nausea perspective. If you vape high strength salts consider that you may need to reduce or maybe mix a salt and freebase nic to reduce strength, as many do at the moment.

So what's the vape like on this device?

Well I really like the vape I get. It's certainly different from the norm. The flavour is really excellent and the vape is warm and verging on hot if you take a very long draw. I personally would like a tiny bit more air coming through for my tastes. Had the draw been a bit looser this device would have easily made it into the top spot on my pod array :)

The juice level indicator windows are sufficient but like a lot of these devices don't give the absolute best in visibility. The D-Salt is up there with the better ones though :)

So Charlie....should I buy the Dovpo D-Salt Pod system??

If you've read this review through and there is nothing bothering you. For example the restricted direct lung draw then go for it. It's a welcome addition to my repertoire and although I talk about the DL draw it is very much looser than most of the other pods on the market.

It's a very well made and functional pod which feels good in the hand and the battery capacity is very good. Even at 0.5 ohm it will easily do a day and a half's vaping on one charge.

Well guys that's all i've got for you and I hope I haven't missed anything. I will be watching the comments so if you have any questions just put them there and I will try to answer them as soon as possible :)

And again a very big thank you to Dovpo_Hannah for sending this through for review.

Thank you very much guys for reading this through. Until the next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread