The Drag Nano by Voopoo-is it any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi Guys and welcome to another review. This time concerning the Drag Nano MTL pod device.

As always I have tested this item for the last 10 days and although it was given to me for the purposes of this review I will remain objective and honest about all its aspects.

Ok so let's kick off with a couple of pictures....

20190513_094735-jpg.816079

20190513_094808-jpg.816081

The drag nano is like a mixture between the Drag 2 with elements of the Drag platinum. It's tiny and very pretty in my opinion. It's about the size of an old packet of ship matches if that makes sense to everyone :)

The package comes containing 1 Drag Nano, 1 pod, A lanyard in the form of a chain necklace, a usb cable, a user manual and a Genie Chip card. Picture below...

20190513_094655-jpg.816083

The pod holds 1ml of eliquid and the coil is a 1.8 ohm kanthal (I'm assuming it's kanthal). It's just a simple matter of unpacking the pod from the blister pack filling it and then putting it into the device. It's ready to vape after a decent soak. I recommend at least 20-30 minutes but actually I often soak for longer as I find that it improves the flavour.

The flavour isn't stellar from the get go but it does improve after several puffs to enable the coil to start to settle in. Obviously the 1.8 ohm coil is largely used for a mouth to lung vape and the Drag Nano is no exception although I was quite surprised at exactly how much vapour is produced :)You can achieve a pretty restricted direct lung which is useful if you need to get some nicotine quickly in a difficult situation.

20190513_095007-jpg.816085

The pod is filled by simply pulling off the black drip tip/cap and there is a single fill whole on the side. It makes know difference whether you are right or left handed but you do need a fill bottle with a pretty fine nozzle as otherwise filling could be slightly problematic. To be honest after reviewing many of the new pods coming out I have invested in a needle nose filling bottle which copes with just about any circumstance you could think of :)

My Drag Nano came with quite a lot of charge on it already so it was useable straight away. Charging takes about an hour to full charge and full charge is indicated by a little LED staying on. That brings me to the indicator light which works very simply...

>60% indicated by a green light.
20%-60% indicated by blue light.
<20% indicated by red light.

The green light will flash when charging and stay on when fully charged. In use the corresponding colour mode above will gradually increase in brightness and will flash 3 times red to indicate that charging is need. One charge last's about 300-350 puffs approx and a single pod will give about 300 of the same puffs. Obviously this depends on your vaping style but I have found that the Drag Nano has been lasting me at least a day and sometimes more. If you chain vape it will be less.

20190513_094718-jpg.816091

The Drag Nano has the following features...

10s puff time protection.
Short circuit protection.
Overcharging protection.
Low battery protection.
Output over current protection and
Reverse intake protection.
20190513_095305-jpg.816097

Conclusions.

Well would I recommend this device?? Yes definitely especially if you like the style of the Drag 2 platinum. In my opinion it's a very pretty and small device that will work well as a stealth vape and to look somewhat classy too :)

The pod fits largely inside the device so it is only the mouth piece which protrudes. And the Genie Chip inside results in a very uniform and regulated vape experience. It doesn't drop off as the battery runs lower :)

There is not much more I can say except it's a Pod device amongst many others and only the smoothness of the vape and the Drag Nano's looks will be deciding factures in any puchase decision. I have had no issues with the coil which is still going strong after 10 days..in fact this has been my experience for other Voopoo pods and I think that if you over vape or otherwise abuse the 1.8ohm coil that will be why it stops working!! I used a 70% VG/30% PG in the pod which it seems to handle pretty well.

The only con that I have, and it's not a big one, is that Voopoo recommends that you leave the pod 2 thirds to 3 quarters full and I can concur with this as I found that the flavour and general vape experience improves as the pod empties from full to the brim :)

20190513_095036-jpg.816095

In general the Voopoo Drag Nano is a functional and pretty device with a good form factor and I for one am finding it a pleasure to use :)

Thank you as always for reading and I hope this will help with your purchase decisions. I will be reviewing the next Voopoo product in about a week...I think it's the Drag Baby :) So look out for that one and have a great day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread