The dreaded juice spilled on a couch

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yup remove cushion cover and wash. Then take foam thing outside and like, hose it down with some dawn. This could potentially be done with cushion cover still on although the penetration would not be as deep. Figure out how hard to spray some of those old thigs like to disintegrate.

The ah "upholstery attachment to a carpet cleaner can be VAGUELY useful a) if you have one and b) its really more for like the arms and stuff. Will not pull liquid out of a foam cushion very well.

I am not going t ask you how your spilled your juice, however it happened, I am in complete solidarity/identification mode, but you can't just turn it over. I mean, you can bub bad smells may happen.

Make sure you leave it dry all the way outside or wherever you stick it.

DEALING with SPILLS I am your gal.

Anna

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
My cushion covers are removable and go right into the washing machine.
Have you tried using steam/hot water and then a shop vac to pull the moisture/stain back out? ( Does Hoover still make the Steamvac Jr.?)

Izan's suggestions are better options, but if you don't have a steamer or shop vac and the cushion covers aren't removable, you can try pouring a little (very little) water on the spill and soaking it up with a dry cloth. Repeat the process a few times and let dry to see if you've got most of the stain up. You shouldn't need to use soap or carpet/upholstery cleaner because ejuice is generally water soluble.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I still own so many clothes with burn holes in them. LOL for some reason it's hard to give them up I mean I should WANT to be I view them as badges of courage.

I am really shocked I never burned anything down. Like, this one time I was using my roommate's laptop and somehow the cover got closed, and an almost COMPLETE lit cigarette was laying against the plastic, burned right through it. If I gesticulate to happily, cigarettes also go flying.

I will not say if I passed out, was a little tipsy or even if ETOH was INVOLVED but like, yeah, fortunately she thought it was funny. She just allowed me tor replace the cover.

I don't miss my VW BUG either, Germans must HATE smokers because the way the windows were designed, anything flicked out came RIGHT back in usually wedged between me and the driver's seat cushion.

That is never a phenomenal economy man, as far as deciding "can I swerve to the side and leap out, or do I have TO MAN UP and lean back as FAST and hard as I can, while figuring out JUST how burned me and the cushion will be until that sucker was extinguished.

Smoking...Well, it wasn't always the greatest But it was the "careful: husband that set the house on fire. So, I'm good.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Glue a nickel to the couch. See who visits and tries to pick it up. At holiday gatherings, observe those who attempt and swear them to secrecy.

IDK if you gonna live with it, have fun with it I say.

Oh I am just GIDDY Because I finally set up my most beloved PRECIO I have been at it intermittently all DAY and yeah I did a ton of stuff in between but it must have taken at least 2 hours more than it should have, and I'm being CHARITABLE more like four.

Anna

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
You might try using normal iron and paper towel, works with wax on the carpets and clothing. Paper towel on top of the stain, and iron it out, hopefully heated up liquid will soak into the towel. just an idea, I've never actually tried. Spilled liquid over my clothes only, washing machine did its job

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    A drop or two but it spreads out and makes it look more than it is. The spot is the size of a nickel.
    Brown. Medium brown.

I've had this happen about half a dozen times before I came up with the idea of not laying my mod on its side on the armrest. I would usually squeeze out 1-2 teaspoons of water from a clean dishrag over the area until slightly soaked. Then, I'd blot the area with a clean dry dish towel. When it dried, it would look normal and mrs. smacuser was never the wiser. ;)

HTH and GL :).

Katmar

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I've had this happen about half a dozen times before I came up with the idea of not laying my mod on its side on the armrest. I would usually squeeze out 1-2 teaspoons of water from a clean dishrag over the area until slightly soaked. Then, I'd blot the area with a clean dry dish towel. When it dried, it would look normal and mrs. smacuser was never the wiser. ;)

Same here. It doesn't seem that the liquids leave a permanent stain. At least, they don't on my couch, which is very new and a sort of suede microfiber something or other. Damp cloth, wipe, gone. :)

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ

There's something to try without having to buy stuff worth more than the couch. I didnt lay it down on the armrest, I laid it down on the seat for less than 30 secs. I'm a bachelorette so nobody to yell at me but myself.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I prefer juice spillage on the couch to those days of knocking the cherry off a cigarette and burning a hole in it. Glad those days are gone.

Couldn't agree more,worst was when it happened with clothes.
    Remember saving for 2 months so i could buy a Paul & Shark vest i saw that was gorgeous...now it's all ruined with burn holes from back in the day when i smoked.

Never again!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread