bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
now 4 days totally off analogs.........
I was sitting here tonight showing my non-smoker, never even tried a cigarette once husband my juices, the battery, atty, etc. Then I pulled out the drip tip that I ordered, but hadn't used yet. I pulled the cartridge off of an assembled ecig, popped the drip tip on, put a few drips in, took a hit, and OMG, it was like heaven!!!!

Just to think, when I ordered it, I really didn't even know what it was for until I started reading around these forums. When I bought it, i originally thought it was used to refill cartridges.

The drip tip is definitely the way to go!
Just a few questions,
1. How many drips should I be putting in at a time?
2. How often should it be cleaned? & should I just use rubbing alcohol to clean it? (I put banana cream, and then smores in it tonight, so the flavors meshed pretty well one directly after the other). I'm thinking that a mango flavor directly after a smores may not taste so well during the vape process.
3. My husband said that it's aluminum, how often do I need to buy a new one?

Thanks in advance. My daily experience is getting better & better all the time with the 510!!

Vap0rTim

Jan 30, 2011
NC
Congratulations on quitting! Drip tips really are great. To answer your questions, 2-3 drops is the amount that most go by in a normal atomizer, that should give you a good 5-7 drags, as you get more and more used to vaping you'll begin to notice when the flavor of your juice starts to diminish, and you'll know it's time to drip again. In my experience metal drip tips tend to gunk up a bit faster than delrin or other materials, I usually clean mine by running them under warm water and letting them soak for a little while before my first vape in the morning and again at night if I've been vaping heavily and the residue becomes obnoxiously noticable. The drip tip itself isn't really going to effect flavor at all unless you spend an extended period of time vaping one flavor without switching it up, if you start to notice lingering flavor it's probably juice left in your atty, I always blow mine out into a napkin when switching flavors to avoid this and it works pretty well. I would go back to whatever vendor's site you ordered your drip tip from to make sure that it's aluminum, all the metal ones I have are stainless steel and I don't see a need to replace them at all unless the rubber gromet breaks or something. If they are aluminum it could be a different situation. Hope this helps out, congrats again!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I just got the newer pyrex glass drip tips, these things are the bomb, no juice in the mouth anymore with these and they have the perfect draw on them, juice drips down perfectly and best of all no juice in the mouth anymore, that's even when using all my bottom feeders, I highly recommend these, there available from theecig.com !!! try em, you will like em !!!!

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
Been Vapin since Dec 2010. Started out with inferno w/drip tip. Never looked back at cigs again. Unless FDA lets Djarum Black Cigs to be sold again lol. Marlboro don't taste good anymore.

I got my pyrex tip too. But it just broke on me....Had it in my pocket at work and tip got hooked on ladder and SNAP it broke....soooo ....... But o well I now waiting on my super T tips. That won't break I hope. But I just need to find a way to cap the tips cuz it gets dusty where I work and I'd hate to vape dust lol

Magnetism

Dec 7, 2010
No man's land
I prefer cartomizers but I've been dripping a lot lately. Cartomizers can be hit or miss I've noticed, sometimes you get one that just doesn't wick very well. So when I want the full amount of flavor and vapor, I drip on a regular 510 cartomizer that I mod (by taking out the steel mesh and bridge, dripping directly on the coil).

I use a drip tip but unlike most people, I always take it off to drip directly on the atomizer. If I try to drip through the drip tip I always get juice in my mouth when I vape. Anyone else do the same thing?

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
My liquid was flush with top of drip tip a few weeks ago for some reason with only 3 drops.... I was about to take tip out but when I pulled out like 1/8 inch, it just disappeared. Its probably b/c I use all vg mix. But every time i see liquid not going down that little pull is all it takes. I don't have to blow in it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread