The DSE905 and HealthCabin, my thoughts and experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debra

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
I recently purchased 2 of the DSE905’s from HealthCabin, The shipping took only 8 days. My previous order from them took only 5 days. Any shipment from overseas can get held up in customs, so be prepared for your order to possibly take longer than 5 to 8 days. Also, Amy will do everything in her power to see that you get your order as soon as possible. I am constantly amazed at her quick responses and efforts towards customer satisfaction. The customer service is A+.

I paid $65 each for my DSE905’s at HealthCabin.net. (They have a $60 version now that doesn’t include the pretty, black packaging.) It comes with one atomizer, a battery unit with two batteries, a charger, 5 pre-filled carts, and instructions. The battery unit takes only one battery at a time.

If you’ve never purchased an electronic cigarette before, I would like to warn you about the instruction manuals. They are difficult to understand, and they don’t really provide any in depth information. It will cover the basics, nothing more.

The first 905 I opened had a problem. The LED is a round, plastic piece that circles the area where the battery and atomizer screw together. There was a bit of “wiggle” in this location., and sometimes the atomizer wouldn’t activate when pressing the button. After using it for a while, I went to unscrew the atomizer and the round LED part broke away from the metal. At first, I thought this might be an overall design flaw in the 905. Now, I’m not so sure….

I opened my second 905 and began using it. It seems more solid than the first one (no wiggle.) It also produces more vapor than the first one. In fact, the vapor is quite good and the throat hit is fair, as well (about the same as my 901 with a passthrough).

The most impressive thing about the 905 is the battery life. I’ve never owned a battery mod before. Now I know what all the hype was about! I vaped off and on all day, and the battery just kept going, and going, and going!

I’m also impressed by the looks of it. I saw a post from someone in another part of the forum stating that the finish was “crappy.” Well, I have to disagree. I see absolutely NOTHING wrong with the finish. I got the silver, with a red LED. It has a beautiful, shiny polish. It also comes in black with a blue LED.

The atomizer on the 905 is a bit different from the 901. It has a very soft draw to it. I like this! I’ve heard others say that they prefer a draw with a bit of resistance, but I personally prefer the lighter draw. I should add here that you can put a 901 atty on the 905 and get a tighter draw (I tried it and it works.) You don’t need an adapter to do this.

I have to agree with another poster about one thing… the “on/off” button on the bottom of the battery is rather pointless. It would have been better if they made it much harder to push, or made it with a sliding action rather than push button. Anyway, it’s not a big problem. Even if it accidentally gets pressed “on,” it won’t activate the atomizer unless you push the other button.

The shell of the 905 has some weight to it. It feels and looks like solid metal to me. I saw a post somewhere that said it looked like painted plastic, so I just want to clear this up. The battery section is just a hair over 3 inches long and it’s diameter is equal to that of a nickel. I can close my hand around it and completely cover the battery section.

Yes, I had a rather bad problem with the first 905 I used, but my experience with the second one has been very good, and I do not regret the purchase. In fact, I feel I got plenty of bang for my buck. I am hoping that the problem I had with my first one is just a fluke… one bad apple out of many good apples. The 905 is new, so no one really knows how it will hold up in the long run, but I have high hopes. :)

Debra

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Nice write up Debra.

The 905 is a good e-cig and I enjoy using it, but I think time will tell what the long term quality of the device will be.

Did you get a refund on the faulty one? Hope so!

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks Scott. No refund yet, but I haven't asked for one. I want to fix it, if I can. I'm waiting for the supplier to get some answers about it from the manufacturer before I decide what to do. I really don't wanna send it back to China. LOL

valeriekee6368

Moved On
Dec 5, 2009
Tiong Bahru!!!!
  • Deleted by PTJD
  • Reason: spam

Farcry

Oct 9, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
OK. I got my 905 on Tuesday. Charged the first battery for several hours then started puffing away. This is very similar to the 901 as far as a great balance of vapor production and taste. I get alot of vapor and no burned taste, just the flavor of the juice. The first battey lasted me until Thursday morning. It was used alot too.
Now on to the bad. I put the second battery in Thursday afternoon. There have been several times when I felt the atomizer get burning hot all by itself. The master switch was still on as I was still vaping, but there was no red light lit to let me know that it was cooking. On one occasion it burned my finger enough to leave a scar. The last time it melted the cart and now the atomizer won't work at all. My unit came with 2 atomizers. I contacted my distributer and he quickly replied. I got mine from AquaVapor. (They have the best customer service around) They will send me a new atomizer, but he said that the master needs to be turned off when not in use. I will try to do that, I think I have already.
I don't understand how the red led does not light if it is cooking by itself. I tried to get the unit hot by holding the button down but it cuts off before it gets that hot. These issues were with nothing touching the button and no lights lit.

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
OK. I got my 905 on Tuesday. Charged the first battery for several hours then started puffing away. This is very similar to the 901 as far as a great balance of vapor production and taste. I get alot of vapor and no burned taste, just the flavor of the juice. The first battey lasted me until Thursday morning. It was used alot too.
Now on to the bad. I put the second battery in Thursday afternoon. There have been several times when I felt the atomizer get burning hot all by itself. The master switch was still on as I was still vaping, but there was no red light lit to let me know that it was cooking. On one occasion it burned my finger enough to leave a scar. The last time it melted the cart and now the atomizer won't work at all. My unit came with 2 atomizers. I contacted my distributer and he quickly replied. I got mine from AquaVapor. (They have the best customer service around) They will send me a new atomizer, but he said that the master needs to be turned off when not in use. I will try to do that, I think I have already.
I don't understand how the red led does not light if it is cooking by itself. I tried to get the unit hot by holding the button down but it cuts off before it gets that hot. These issues were with nothing touching the button and no lights lit.

It is very possible that you have the First Version with the flaws of the juice getting into the battery compartment, and when that happens it will make the thing go off on its own.

I had a similar problem with the KR mini Pipe I bought from Health Cabin, the liquid went into the pipe head and was ALL over the battery which made the damn thing just go off on its own!

That is one Major flaw to it, the pipe head which attaches to the Atty is not completely sealed, I am guess because they also have an AUTO version of the mini pipe so you have to be real careful, I stuffed the inside part of the pipe head where the wires go through with cotton and the threaded end , I stuffed the hole up nicely so it wouldn't happen again, but this is after 2 hours of cleaning the whole pipe head out, which was annoying as hell.

I know that was OFF topic but my point was that you may have the V1 version of the 905, the best you should do is maybe ask for a return or get a glue gun or something to seal off the inside, where the atty goes in.

Harry

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
I think the 'going off on it's own' thing is the cleaning cycle but the heat created is too much for a plastic cart. I use heavily trimmed cartridges as drip mouthpieces so it hasn't caused me problems.
My 905 went for a trip down stairs yesterday when I was carrying other things, hit every step and the wall when it landed and it's working fine. I also managed to drop it bottom side into a cup of tea when I fell asleep with it on top of me - don't ask me how, anyway it sat in their for the couple hours till I woke up. Pulled it out of the cup opened it up expecting the battery to be frazzled but nope, there was a little tea in the master switch which I cleared pretty quickly but other than that it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread