"The E-Cig Industry Should be Put Out of Business"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
A single cigarette must cost less than a penny to make, bare cost of production, but they ended up costing me 30 cents each even if I bought a carton, 200 sticks at a time. How did they get jacked up so high? Mostly taxes. That money is very important to governments world wide. Ecigs are a huge threat.

I started DIY recently. That opened my eyes. I didn't buy the least expensive DIY ingrediants available yet my home made liquid is so cheap it's silly. A one week supply costs a few cents less than 3 of the 200 cigarettes I used to smoke every week. A month supply costs $3.60 compared to $240 for cigarettes. A year supply of eliquid is $45 comared to $3,000 for a carton a week of Michigan cigarettes. If you were in a prosperous business and you faced a competitor who could beat your price by 98% you would be in a panic too. Look what the internet, another disruptive technology, has done to mail service, TV, movies, recorded music, newspapers, magazines, etc. Now it's cigarettes turn to be mostly annilhated by a superior product and the biggest losers are governments because they took most of the money. Follow the money.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Don't be afraid... e-liquids will be taxed. A few years ago I also read that Italy had taxed all PG and VG bases that are sold to others than pharmacists a.s.
Vape shops benefit from a tax on e liquids if it means no DIY unless it's still possible to get nic then DIY will take off. DIY is going to increase with or without a tax because the money saved is too much to ignore.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
And so continues one of the greatest anti-smoking myths of our times.
Children in fact do like flavors and may in fact be "attracted" to one
particular flavor over another. This however has nothing to do with
smoking nor vaping. The number one cause of underage usage of
adult products legal or not is peer pressure at about almost 80%.
the second being if your parent partook in the activity at almost 20%.
All other possible contributing factors including flavors and advertising
accounted for what was left.
Having had the opportunity to have tried both flavored cigarettes and
the flavored little cigars so popular today I can tell you one thing. They
taste awful. Any one who thinks little Johnny is going right out the door
to find the nearest grape flavored cigarette or little cigar to start smoking
is in for a big surprise. Little Johnny would be so put off by the flavor he
probably will never try smoking again.
Both smoking and vaping are learned behaviors. Vaping is easier if you
smoked first because you already learned the hard part. How to keep
from gagging and throwing up. Vapor is of course a lot less harsh than
smoke to begin with. Either way one learns the behavior first. Once one
starts using more or less on a regular basis is when one starts to make
discriminating decisions concerning brands and or flavor. When one is
young they tend either to choose the brand and or flavor nobody else seems
to be using but,most likely go with what everyone else is doing.(again peer pressure)
I have heard pipe tobacco has some really nice tasting blends and I agree.
I have smelled some and they are excellent. However all this has never been
about pipe tobacco,cigars or,other smokeless tobacco products even though
the powers that be have feigned concern over these. Primarily to further
demonize their real target,the cigarette as it is the single largest tobacco
product by far. Now they are after us as we are interfering with their well
conceived plans to milk the cigarette cash cow. BT,BP,Big Government,
big medicine and, Big Federal Agencies wanting to get bigger are the stake
holders in the game. Unfortunately we are not included. WE are just pathetic
users of a new generation of tobacco products now.
Sen, Markey says thing like this like this because no one has been able to stop
the Big 5 stake holders before. He see's no reason for that to change now.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Flavors flavors flavors! I can buy "Loopy" vodka by Three Olives and it tastes EXACTLY like Froot Loops. I can (usually at the same damn store) buy a Grape flavored Cigar, Vanilla flavored, or even peach! They come in these little plastic tubes that are oh-so-cute with bright colors, like orange for peach, green for grape, and blue for vanilla! They even add sweetener to the wrapper and the vegetable glue to make it taste like cand--Oh...

Why is one okay, and not the others? Tax the damn local e juice if that's what makes you happy. Kill local business, tell aspiring small business owners: NO! We will NOT have a free market in this state!

We will do what we have always done for alcohol... Drive an hour north to the NH State Liquor store and buy it for cheaper, and tax free. Try us... Then cry about lost revenue to NH and wonder why.

*Steps down off of soap-box*

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Now that we've had a glimpse of the "sensible regulations" ANTZ have in mind for harmless and effective ecigs, I'm hoping this will galvanize the vaping community & vendors to stand up and protect our right to vape. It's time the US vaping industry realize FastTech will not be affected by the FDA deeming.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
I skimmed over the SFATA response, and I have a reasonable proposition for Sen. Markey...

If the senator gets his way, Sen Markey (and anyone else who agrees with this nonsense) will only be allowed to eat foods that are rated a solid 10 by the United States Adult Flavor Rating Board™ (some of these would be potatoes, broccoli, unseasoned steak, water). He will not consume any candy, flavored coffee, chocolate, desserts, and most fruits. Cold breakfast Cereal altogether is out. Along with flavored iced tea... actually, take all coffee and tea away. If he truly believes these flavors are for children, why would he perpetuate an idea that these flavors can also be enjoyed by adults? Seems to go against his argument that it's targeting kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread