The Ego??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
Need some knowledgeable input on it :D Is there an adapter to match the kr808? How do I use an atomizer? I notice most people put like 2-3drops in it... how many drags is that? Can you add more? Or are you supposed to re-drip every time you pick it up to vape?

I love the look of it and I've watched some reviews on youtube and they've all been pretty good... I know I've read alittle about it in different posts but deciding to buy it is different than just seeing it in youtube reviews... also, do you guys find youtube reviews to be pretty accurate for the most part? Are they mostly unbiased?

Last but not least... Need links to excellent deals on an a kit! :D

Thank you Thank you!:laugh:

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
An ego-type (big battery) model is typically a 510 thread, but you can buy an adapter at many different vendors that will let you use an 808 cartomizer on a 510 thread. There's also a new model at nhaler called an igo, which I believe is a big battery with an 808 thread.
A lot of the ECF suppliers have really good information on their websites and in their sub-forums, so you might want to check out some of the suppliers at the link at the top of this page. I haven't tried an igo yet, but I use an 808 kit from vapor4life and also a 510 ego. Some reputable hardware suppliers I've dealt with include goodprophets, vapor4life (808), cignot, vaperstix, smokelessimage (808), and vapin in the cape. I'll find a link to the coupon thread if you need it --but you can also find good deals by just checking the suppliers forum.

vapin in the cape has an ego passthrough kit that comes with some 510 cartomizers -- when they're empty you can refill with any juice. they also run a 15% off sale on Sundays -- I just got one of these and it's handy to use as a passthrough, but then you can just unplug it and use it like a regular battery
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-free-priority-shipping-orders-over-75-a.html

Last edited:

***Shannon***

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Bucks County, PA
What are anyone's thoughts on the eGo-T or GoGo? I currently have a auto SmokeTip as well as a V4L mini manual. I am looking for something that holds more liquid and has a better battery. Any thoughts? I posted this question on the Ask a Veteran list and it never showed there for anyone to answer. I think I did something wrong when I posted it.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
What are anyone's thoughts on the eGo-T or GoGo? I currently have a auto SmokeTip as well as a V4L mini manual. I am looking for something that holds more liquid and has a better battery. Any thoughts? I posted this question on the Ask a Veteran list and it never showed there for anyone to answer. I think I did something wrong when I posted it.

I haven't owned a go-go but, I do have an eGo-T. They both will do what you ask but, the eGo-T is a little more finicky. However, if you use a go-go, you better know what juice works for you because you're filling a monster carto and you're stuck with what you put in there.

***Shannon***

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Bucks County, PA
I haven't owned a go-go but, I do have an eGo-T. They both will do what you ask but, the eGo-T is a little more finicky. However, if you use a go-go, you better know what juice works for you because you're filling a monster carto and you're stuck with what you put in there.

Thanks for the info Mickey!! Now...can one drip with either of these or even with the V4L that I have? I am so undecided on which one to get...I am leaning towards the gogo.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
here ya go from Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - MEGA T-Rex remember to click the 20% off discount at top left of page and make sure it shows in the cart.

Each T-Rex Carto Deluxe comes with 2 full devices (2 batteries, 2 cones and 5 Cartomizers).

This kit comes with 2x 900mAh batteries! More than enough power for even the heaviest of Vapers. The switch does not light up on these batteries. Instead there is a ring under the steel band which illuminates when the switch is activated. The 900mAh batteries have a Blue LED. Inluded are 5x Boge 510, 2ohm cartomizers. These are packaged in our handy Liberty Flights zippered carry case.

•2x 900mAh Batteries
•5x Boge 510 Cartomizers (2 ohm)

•2x Cartomizer Cones
•1x USB charger
•1x Liberty Flights Zippered Carry Case
•1x User Manual
Please note : This kit does not include a wall charger.
NameImages (click to view)Discount PriceStockBuySteel MEGA T-Rex - Carto Deluxe20% $39.99

Dani1226

Apr 23, 2011
Louisiana
You and I are in the exact same boat :D I started with a smoketip automatic and bought an extra V4L manual battery for it... and what you're looking for is exactly what I'm looking for... what a coincidence :D Don't get me wrong, I love my kr808... it's just not as fun anymore to fill quite as often... especially since I'm refilling cartomizers with hard tips... can be trying at times... I've been looking at reviews on youtube today and found a few that didn't really like the Ego T... there were many complaints... I'm sure someone will speak up with either objections or agreements who knows more than me about it... just mentioning what I noticed >.<

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Thanks for the info Mickey!! Now...can one drip with either of these or even with the V4L that I have? I am so undecided on which one to get...I am leaning towards the gogo.

The V4L is an 808 which means you can put a 901 atomizer on it and drip on that. However, if you have automatic batteries, you stand a chance of overfilling and having juice get into the battery. That'll kill the battery. The manual batteries don't have this problem.

On the go-go, you have two choices. Cigeasy now has an adapter you can use to adapt the go-go to an 808. It's on the go-go page on their site. The adapter will also work with the 901 atomizer. The other option is to pull the stuffing out of a go-go carto and drip on the coil. I'm guessing you'll be tailpiping, if you do that. Understand that I've never seen a carto you can get away with pulling the stuffing out of. I'm just telling you what go-go owners have said.

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
I started with a KR808D-1 myself nearly two years ago. Honestly you can buy adapters to go 510 and you can buy 901 atomizers as mentioned above. But for $30 you can just buy a 510 Riva kit and enter the world of 510 where there are a variety of cartomizers, atomizers and tanks. Doesn't mean your 808 is useless anymore, it's a good model if all you want is a cigarette sized pv. But once you get past that you'll realize the world opens up a little more if you just buy into a 510 compatible pv. So unless you have a bazillion 808 batteries, passthroughs and accessories, it's easier just to switch systems.

***Shannon***

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Bucks County, PA
I started with a KR808D-1 myself nearly two years ago. Honestly you can buy adapters to go 510 and you can buy 901 atomizers as mentioned above. But for $30 you can just buy a 510 Riva kit and enter the world of 510 where there are a variety of cartomizers, atomizers and tanks. Doesn't mean your 808 is useless anymore, it's a good model if all you want is a cigarette sized pv. But once you get past that you'll realize the world opens up a little more if you just buy into a 510 compatible pv. So unless you have a bazillion 808 batteries, passthroughs and accessories, it's easier just to switch systems.

Hi there roxics! Now does the 510 have a bigger battery and cart/tank than the 808? Also, can you drip with a 510? I can get a 510 on sale right now at 50% off from Gourmet Vapor. Maybe that is the way to go. Ya think? Thanks for your help.

***Shannon***

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Bucks County, PA
here ya go from Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - MEGA T-Rex remember to click the 20% off discount at top left of page and make sure it shows in the cart.

Each T-Rex Carto Deluxe comes with 2 full devices (2 batteries, 2 cones and 5 Cartomizers).

This kit comes with 2x 900mAh batteries! More than enough power for even the heaviest of Vapers. The switch does not light up on these batteries. Instead there is a ring under the steel band which illuminates when the switch is activated. The 900mAh batteries have a Blue LED. Inluded are 5x Boge 510, 2ohm cartomizers. These are packaged in our handy Liberty Flights zippered carry case.

•2x 900mAh Batteries
•5x Boge 510 Cartomizers (2 ohm)

•2x Cartomizer Cones
•1x USB charger
•1x Liberty Flights Zippered Carry Case
•1x User Manual
Please note : This kit does not include a wall charger.
NameImages (click to view)Discount PriceStockBuySteel MEGA T-Rex - Carto Deluxe20% $39.99

There is also the Steel T-Rex with even a bigger battery life and then there is the Riva 510 which another member who posted in this thread had suggested. From what I see the 510 is not a tank type. Is the T-Rex a tank? This is sooooo confusing. I want something that has ease of use, long battery life, larger liquid capacity, ease of refilling and changing as well. I would also like to be able to drip for testing juices...I have no idea HOW to drip or what to purchase to do so but I read here somewhere that it is the easiest way for testing juices. I am so stressed out just trying to figure it all out and make the right choice and not waste money....ay yi yi!!!!

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
Shannon for my 2 cents I would get the Riva 510, 750 mah battery, kit from Liberty-Flights. 30 bucks. I would add to the order two or three eGo type tank atties, some type A cartridges/tanks and some juice. I like tobacco flavors and I think their "Churchill" (like in Winston Churchill) is great. T-Rex, not sure on this, I think is a Joye product which would mean its batteries are pulse width modulated. The RIVA batteries are not PWMs. There may be other suppliers with similar or better deals than L-F but I haven't found them. The basic RIVA kit let's you try dripping if you like, type carts if you like and the tanks and tank type atty lets you do the tanks. My 2 cents.

***Shannon***

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Bucks County, PA
Shannon for my 2 cents I would get the Riva 510, 750 mah battery, kit from Liberty-Flights. 30 bucks. I would add to the order two or three eGo type tank atties, some type A cartridges/tanks and some juice. I like tobacco flavors and I think their "Churchill" (like in Winston Churchill) is great. T-Rex, not sure on this, I think is a Joye product which would mean its batteries are pulse width modulated. The RIVA batteries are not PWMs. There may be other suppliers with similar or better deals than L-F but I haven't found them. The basic RIVA kit let's you try dripping if you like, type carts if you like and the tanks and tank type atty lets you do the tanks. My 2 cents.

Alright...now I am really confused. So, you recommend the Riva 510 as well as two or three ego type tank atties and type A cartridges? Can I drip with this device? I have plenty of juices already so I do not need anymore at this time. Can you also tell me what a PWM is? IF this allows dripping what would I buy with it for dripping? Are there any other supplies I will need for it besides what youl have listed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread