The empire or the Megalodon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
both are great in its own way:

I have the old don and a couple of empires. Im not sure on the new don's finish but the new head is a big improvement for tank oriented mods.

Old Don:

able to swap out the connectors for 510/901/801, optional or add on your own adapters for whatever connections

remove center piece , mini vaping (16340,18350)

adjustable throw firing pin for different lengths of batteries

master on/off on the button

optional laser engraving

Empire :

901 connector only, but comes with 510 adapter, or you can put other adapters for whatever connections.

telescopic center, no center piece to remove since its one piece easier to adjust to whatever battery you use vs don's adjustable throw, you need a screwdriver.

empire comes in many colors, optional purchase for mainbody sleeves, the finish has a better quality than the don.

master on/off ring on the button

stand for your empire

both are all mechanical

don is cheaper in cost than the empire, but the quality on the empire outshines the don imho.

what won me over with empires:

no tool needed to adjust for different lengths of batteries

quality of finish on the empire

many colors to choose for the empire

I have 3 empires and 1 don... but at the end of the day, go with what you want... both are good mods in its own way.

kaykay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
concrete jungle
both are great in its own way:

I have the old don and a couple of empires. Im not sure on the new don's finish but the new head is a big improvement for tank oriented mods.

Old Don:

able to swap out the connectors for 510/901/801, optional or add on your own adapters for whatever connections

remove center piece , mini vaping (16340,18350)

adjustable throw firing pin for different lengths of batteries

master on/off on the button

optional laser engraving

Empire :

901 connector only, but comes with 510 adapter, or you can put other adapters for whatever connections.

telescopic center, no center piece to remove since its one piece easier to adjust to whatever battery you use vs don's adjustable throw, you need a screwdriver.

empire comes in many colors, optional purchase for mainbody sleeves, the finish has a better quality than the don.

master on/off ring on the button

stand for your empire

both are all mechanical

don is cheaper in cost than the empire, but the quality on the empire outshines the don imho.

what won me over with empires:

no tool needed to adjust for different lengths of batteries

quality of finish on the empire

many colors to choose for the empire

I have 3 empires and 1 don... but at the end of the day, go with what you want... both are good mods in its own way.
thnx i like both i'm just trying to find a negative on one to make it easier on me,lol..thnx for ur help.

rubin12

May 6, 2009
London, UK
Can only speak for the megalodon. It was all I used for the last 3 months, until we in the UK we're lucky enough to be able to buy a Darwin. The don is a brilliant little/big mod, in both the mini 18350 mode, or the large 18650 mode. I wouldn't let any comments that you've heard about the finish put you off; the small marks mine had when I first received it disappeared after a couple of days of handling.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
generic visual stuffs : Old Don with engraving and Empire

IMG_0222.jpg

Old Don with optional engraving and 3 empires :)
IMG_0223.jpg

Old Don Mini Styled with optional engraving and 3 empires :)

Azzure

Aug 22, 2011
austin
There is no reason why it wouldn't work in any mechanical mod that can use a 18650 bat, they are the same dimensions.
ENS had the batteries yesterday when I was in the store, but I believe he said he was out of the chargers.
(kinda had a run on them at VapeFest in Los Vages)

BTW, I just found out that madvapes also carries a 4.8 volts. It looks the same as the one at electronicstix. Just posting in case someone is looking for one.
Oh btw, who is lighter?
I know Empiremod is 42 grams. How about the don?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread