The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

vision83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I take it the center pin is adjustable - and adjustable without the deck moving?

IS THE POSITIVE POLE ADJUSTABLE?
No, the positive pole itself is not adjustable. In case of contact problems with the mod, small spacer discs are available to allow you to adjust the height of the positive pole.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
So there would be no advantage to closing the air control ring while filling? Also what do you mean by dry-tip? And last are there any US vendors yet?

I have a WAE2 and this device would be perfect for it because they are both 21mm. Just interested to see what Mark Bugs comes up with his hybrid atomizer that is going to connect directly to the device.

a) Yep, no advantage at all.
b) Typo. I meant 'drip-tip'.

True, that Mark Bugs' Atty is also something to look out for. Given their reputation - this also should be a a Winner! I'll grab it no sooner it is released ;)

CyberDj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Budapest
Hi Dj, I am pretty sure that is the case. Pls trim your wick-tails to thinner than you think AND never ever fill the tank completely with any Atty! The golden rule is "fill till 80" ~ always leave around 20% empty space in any Atty and you'll avoid many issues.

Thanks qorax, you are very much right. I rebuilt it since then and it's working perfectly! No dry hit neither gurgling. Really a great atomizer. Taste ad draw wise I like it much better than my Kaifun and Taifun. And it looks awesome on the Wizard's Apprentice!

bludogg

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Arizona
Wow, really cool device. I like that deck a lot. 127 EU?! Steep, but I'll probably take the dive on it. I like the deep channels and that the design lends itself to securing the coil wrap by laying the wrapping rod into the raised channel. Long vertical channels seem possibly problematic. The SQuape meets the Kayfun? Seems really interesting.

At the same time...that price point is probably the highest I have ever seen on any atomizer by a large margin...

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Looking for my first RTA and leaning away from Kayfun, but it's seeming hard not to end up with a Kayfun lite+. Was thinking TaifunGT but currently out of stock. Since it's my first and I'll be on the long learning curve could sell out and go fogger v4. Not a big investment for the tinkering and learning curve time. Should I consider this RTA? Long term I want quality and although I'm not a cloan hater I prefer to not go that route, promote original thought and design, and shy away from china buys, but geeze that can be hard with the price gaps.... How big of a quality gap are we talking between foggger and Taifun or this? Am I right to assume quality of this is similar to Taifun?

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Looking for my first RTA and leaning away from Kayfun, but it's seeming hard not to end up with a Kayfun lite+. Was thinking TaifunGT but currently out of stock. Since it's my first and I'll be on the long learning curve could sell out and go fogger v4. Not a big investment for the tinkering and learning curve time. Should I consider this RTA? Long term I want quality and although I'm not a cloan hater I prefer to not go that route, promote original thought and design, and shy away from china buys, but geeze that can be hard with the price gaps.... How big of a quality gap are we talking between foggger and Taifun or this? Am I right to assume quality of this is similar to Taifun?

Are mod creators starting to license their mods for production by others? Could this happen with this mod?

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I haven't held or seen this device, but I can feel the quality ooze out of the pictures..

I'll be getting one down the line to support a company like this..innovative

When's it suppose to roll out? A quick Google showed a preorder through UK vapers..no other information. I'm assuming you get a full kit for that ~$150?

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Any US vendors?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish there was a US vendor for this one. Looks really nice! I've been working my way through the different Kayfun versions, and I love them all, but I'd love to give other RTA's a try. I do have the Expromizer on it's way, and I'm considering the Aqua and Taifun.

May I ask why is the need for an US vendor?

The shipping charges from the modder is reasonable & it reaches our door within a week.

And no, they don't have an US vendor as yet.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Wow, really cool device. I like that deck a lot. 127 EU?! Steep, but I'll probably take the dive on it. I like the deep channels and that the design lends itself to securing the coil wrap by laying the wrapping rod into the raised channel. Long vertical channels seem possibly problematic. The SQuape meets the Kayfun? Seems really interesting.

At the same time...that price point is probably the highest I have ever seen on any atomizer by a large margin...

No, it is not actually. Many similar RBA are priced likewise ~ e.g. Kayfun 3.1ES, GP Heron, Gus Estia, UVO Aqua, GG Ithaka etc. All of them are in the 125 Euros price point.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Looking for my first RTA and leaning away from Kayfun, but it's seeming hard not to end up with a Kayfun lite+. Was thinking TaifunGT but currently out of stock. Since it's my first and I'll be on the long learning curve could sell out and go fogger v4. Not a big investment for the tinkering and learning curve time. (1)Should I consider this RTA? Long term I want quality and although I'm not a cloan hater I prefer to not go that route, promote original thought and design, and shy away from china buys, but geeze that can be hard with the price gaps.... (2)How big of a quality gap are we talking between foggger and Taifun or this? (3)Am I right to assume quality of this is similar to Taifun?

1. If you are new into SRTAs the Erlkonigin is actually pretty nice for you, b'coz it is easier to build and maintain. But remember, a KFL will cost you less and is also a very similar vape experience.

2. Pretty big. The Fogger v4 (only v4) is a very nice RBA but I'm 100% sure it is not made of 'surgical grade 316 stainless steel'. Even the Black Russian 91% is confirmed to be 316SS.

3. Vape quality of the Erlkonigin is very similar to the Kayfuns and Taifuns. But this one gives a tad better flavour in my opinion. The biggest asset of the Erlkonigin is:
a) Looks different and gr8
b) Huge juice capacity
c) Hassle free top filling with fill-ports (without screws)
d) Does not flood
e) Versatility of tank finishes and sizes​

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I haven't held or seen this device, but I can feel the quality ooze out of the pictures..

I'll be getting one down the line to support a company like this..innovative

When's it suppose to roll out? A quick Google showed a preorder through UK vapers..no other information. I'm assuming you get a full kit for that ~$150?

It is already in stock at the modder's website. Link in the OP.

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
1. If you are new into SRTAs the Erlkonigin is actually pretty nice for you, b'coz it is easier to build and maintain. But remember, a KFL will cost you less and is also a very similar vape experience.

2. Pretty big. The Fogger v4 (only v4) is a very nice RBA but I'm 100% sure it is not made of 'surgical grade 316 stainless steel'. Even the Black Russian 91% is confirmed to be 316SS.

3. Vape quality of the Erlkonigin is very similar to the Kayfuns and Taifuns. But this one gives a tad better flavour in my opinion. The biggest asset of the Erlkonigin is:
a) Looks different and gr8
b) Huge juice capacity
c) Hassle free top filling with fill-ports (without screws)
d) Does not flood
e) Versatility of tank finishes and sizes​

Thanks for the responses and advice. With a clear tank, drip tip, and some extra o-rings (not that I HAVE to have those extra's, apparently we do have orings available in 'merica) we're looking at 2+ KFLs... a little torn but I certainly prefer quality that will last. I'll be pulling the trigger on something soon. Have my start up clearomizers functional, cranky but functional, so patience isn't going to send me back to analogs. Wish I just had the choice for the glass tank up front, I don't prefer the frosted, it's alright.

With the glass tank and "Crown" driptip I'd say aesthetically it's very nice (I prefer it over the usual suspects, but I do like the Taifun). I'm using an nzonic iv right now with that weird tappered end cap so it's a weird fit. There's a flat top end cap for another 40-50bux at 22mm but I'm not loving the erlkonigin's logo'd 22mm so I would have some kind of lip.

I have been running three tanks and enjoy switching up flavors, so the price tag could end up as multiples so that's a vote for the kfl+ even if it's not my front runner. Hard to tell where I'll be in a month or 3 if my first RTA works out well. 3 of the same or ok lets try this and that.... Oh, and the German wife says buy German.

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
May I ask why is the need for an US vendor?

The shipping charges from the modder is reasonable & it reaches our door within a week.

And no, they don't have an US vendor as yet.

The need for a US vendor is due to the fact that I'm in Thailand at current and none of the European sites ship here.
And no, you don't know it all, and no my door is not your door. What is it the say about ASSumptions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread