Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know if the positive insulator breaks down and needs replacement?

I ask because I have been having some strange readings while building my coils lately.

Thanks.
I'm not sure what's the position now - but i2r had those in stock earlier.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I just did 2 of mine this way and so far so good. You still making them this way qorax?
Wicking Tips: Erlkönigin Simple Build Closeups
(for an Easy, No nonsense, No leaks, Noob-proof setup)

1. Trim the Wick CORRECTLY:
dggyz6.jpg

2. Maintain proper DISTANCE:
i5q43s.jpg

3. Get the Wick Tails CONTAINED:
30uvhj5.jpg

4. Juiced up but maintain POSITION:
ws7ou0.jpg

5. Keep the juiced tails SHORT:
x1f6yx.jpg

6. Don't forget the "RING”:
117d53n.jpg

7. Before assembling Check VAPOR:
28k3gd3.jpg

NOTE:
1) Insert enough wicking material - tight but which moves within the coil
2) If rayon - pack more inside the coil
3) Trim the wick at an angle - keeping the upward part 'in line' with the vertical bend
4) The bottom part of the wick shouldn't go beyond the base plate
5) Maintain about 2.5-3mm gap between the coil and the base. Pull the coil up a little
6) The wick tails should roughly end before the "third spiral groove"
7) Don't overlook to place the "Feed Control Ring"
8) Don't crank down the chimney. Just maintain normal finger tight. The FCR should be able to wobble
9) juice up the O-rings before assembling the tank
10) Ensure the chimney O-ring is there (immaterial whether it's in the topcap or the chimney tube)
11) Clean insides of the chimney-cup on every rebuild (there'll be a built-up of soot inside, which off tastes your juice)
12) Don't fill beyond 80-90% of the tank. Keep some gap, which helps in maintaining the pressure
13) Try to strictly observe the instructions of 'filling the Erlk' (posted by me earlier)
14) Ensure that you have 'rotated' the topcap lid back to sealed position (left open fill ports will get the Erlk to leak)
15) Remember: As you open the AFC up ~ juice intake will be less inside the chamber. And vice-versa
16) Take care of 'stuck bubbles' around the juice inlets. They'd give dry hits. If noticed - tilt the Erlk to let the bubbles move up

Reactions: qorax

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Using Ekowool in mine and find it tasting better than Rayon. I just love my Ekowool...??? I just don't understand. I keep trying cottons and I just find the best flavor with Ekowool.
Maybe it's your juice.

All my juices taste differently depending on wicking media. I know rayon doesn't imprint any taste so I can just taste my juice but with ekowool I can taste it. Maybe you're used to that "mix" of tastes and feel something is "missing" with rayon?

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I've visited almost every vape shop at Manhattan. IMO the most legit one is beyond vape at ST marks, and even the knowledge of the crew + gears they have are mediocre. I wouldn't go outta the way to check any out if I were you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I've visited almost every vape shop at Manhattan. IMO the most legit one is beyond vape at ST marks, and even the knowledge of the crew + gears they have are mediocre. I wouldn't go outta the way to check any out if I were you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx :)

I wasn't planning to. Just wanted to be sure I didn't miss out anything particularly interesting.

My trusted Erlprinz is all I need... And I even didn't bring any spare wick or coil lol. Gotta love my blind trust in my device [emoji14]

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Thx :)

I wasn't planning to. Just wanted to be sure I didn't miss out anything particularly interesting.

My trusted Erlprinz is all I need... And I even didn't bring any spare wick or coil lol. Gotta love my blind trust in my device [emoji14]
I hope your wife is enjoying her shopping trip. And I hope your wallet can stand it. Have fun, and have faith in your Erlprinz.

Reactions: aldenf

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Take one... What's stopping you?
I don't know, doesn't seem socially acceptable. I don't vape where I can't smoke. At least a normal puff.

I did end taking a few in a fit room ;)

I also stealth vaped on the plane. It was a 8h30m flight. I would have gone insane other way.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
I Vape everywhere and never a problem at all.. I see lots of people doing it. The mall, food shopping, etc. Been vaping for 5 years now and I see more and more people vaping everywhere also.
Well good but being a foreigner, don't want to risk getting arrested on my holidays [emoji14]

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
As a resident of (nan)NY City, I can confirm that vaping falls under the same regulations as smoking here.

It sure does. I've been sternly asked by police to refrain from vaping in public-owned spaces; in my case Washington Square & Central Parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread