The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
It sure does. I've been sternly asked by police to refrain from vaping in public-owned spaces; in my case Washington Square & Central Parks.

For the most part, NYPD believes that prohibiting vaping and smoking in public outdoor spaces is a ridiculous regulation and doesn't really enforce it, as long as you comply with their request not to do it.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
As a wise and responsible act we should refrain from vaping wherever smoking is not permitted. A sly here-n-there is Ok until someone requests you not to. In which case you should stop immediately without any arguments. And btw, we should remain polite always and everytime.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
As a wise and responsible act we should refrain from vaping wherever smoking is not permitted. A sly here-n-there is Ok until someone requests you not to. In which case you should stop immediately without any arguments. And btw, we should remain polite always and everytime.

Agreed 100%. Unfortunately, when dealing with belligerent, uninformed ANTZ, it's extremely difficult to remain polite. Luckily, I've only had one experience where I had to raise my voice and put someone in their place.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Agreed 100%. Unfortunately, when dealing with belligerent, uninformed ANTZ, it's extremely difficult to remain polite. Luckily, I've only had one experience where I had to raise my voice and put someone in their place.
I just show them this video. Politely...

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
For the most part, NYPD believes that prohibiting vaping and smoking in public outdoor spaces is a ridiculous regulation and doesn't really enforce it, as long as you comply with their request not to do it.

Agreed, except that Central Park and Washington Square Park are the only places where cops will cite all sorts of stupid regulations at ya because of the tourists and college kids. Otherwise, they have better things to be doing.

As a wise and responsible act we should refrain from vaping wherever smoking is not permitted.

Honestly, I don't follow that rule at all. Now part of this, granted, is that I spend most of the year in China, where people routinely smoke where they shouldn't smoke (I have a picture here someplace I took at the train station in Shanghai, with a couple of cops standing under the huge "No Smoking" sign...lighting up. It's a weird country - malls routinely have designated smoking rooms, usually in the same hallway as the public restrooms. I never see anybody in the smoking rooms, but the restrooms always reek of cigarette smoke, and there are mountains of crushed butts on the floors...), but mostly it's because I think it's silly. I don't permit anybody to smoke in my apartment, but (if you happen to find yourself in Yiwu) you're more than welcome to stop by and have a vape with me...

In more relevant news, I've been playing around with titanium wire and temperature control on the Queen (finally joined the modern age and got myself a TC mod - Pegasus Mini. Fantastic device, I'm very happy with it, and thrilled to see one of the Big Three realize that not everybody is a cloud-chaser) and...holy wow.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
Agreed, except that Central Park and Washington Square Park are the only places where cops will cite all sorts of stupid regulations at ya because of the tourists and college kids. Otherwise, they have better things to be doing.

Tourists, college kids and end of the month ticket quotas. Ironically enough, one of the guys at my local B&M told me that a lot of their clients are cops. NYPD prohibits cops from smoking while on duty (a regulation that I've seen being routinely flouted), so they get around it by vaping.

Nice user name/avatar, by the way! Yozhik v tumane, by any chance?

Reactions: Yozhik

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
Tourists, college kids and end of the month ticket quotas. Ironically enough, one of the guys at my local B&M told me that a lot of their clients are cops. NYPD prohibits cops from smoking while on duty (a regulation that I've seen being routinely flouted), so they get around it by vaping.

Nice user name/avatar, by the way! Yozhik v tumane, by any chance?

Only when I vape the Herakles+. ;)

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Rumours say the Orchid v4 glass tanks are a perfect fit. The kayfun ones are a tenth millimeter too short.

I'm posting this because, to date, I2R hasn't released glass nano tanks for either the erlkönigin nor the Erlprinz. I would call it an upgrade rather than cloning.

Speaking of which, if somebody wants the plastic nano tank for their erlkönigin or Erlprinz, get the original. The quality is about 20 times better than the clone ones that were around some time ago. It pays off after about 3 months.

I tried the fasstech plastic ones (when they were available) and managed to crack 6 in a month. The original plastic tank lasted 14 months of non stop abuse. I only tried the other ones because I boiled the original one too much and it became milky in color. Still working fine though.

Reactions: aldenf

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Yeah, I've been using the IBT glass tanks on my erlk - they've been decent. Got down to my last one (a blue-colored "prism" one) from my order of 4 last year and ordered 6 more clear ones about a month ago. I didn't like the blue color on these much, it's more of a "teal" than a "cobalt" blue, so I treat the blue one as the last resort.

Unfortunately 2 of those 6 cracked and broke in about a week - was starting to worry something was wrong with the new bunch. I might have had something like a small sliver of glass around the edge I didn't clean out well enough or something. But I replaced the o-rings and cleaned everything fully. No problem with the third one, it has made it 2-3 weeks now. I'll chalk it up to not getting the parts in contact with the glass clean enough or o-rings replaced before putting the next tube on.

Has anyone purchased the Spectrum Tanks glass tank tubes they make for these? Curious what you think of them.

Tried my first vertical coil build this morning on an erlk. 3mm diameter coil, 6/7 wraps of 28ga - approx 1.4ohms. It went pretty well except that I think I will need to go in and trim off a bit of the wicking wrapping around/over the edge to thin it out a bit more.

All in all, the Erlkonigin has been a great primary/daily tank for the last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread