The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Read Tinkiegrrl's thread on the expromizer (tyty, helpful)...estia just doesn't make since without the 510, maybe later. I think I'll be disappointed in the quality of the fogger, and folks say why get an aqua when you can get a fogger. Not all abou the kayfun, maybe for #2. Squape looks interesting and Taifun GT back in stock so got down to comparing. 10mm longer with 1ml less capacity. This thing just seems really well designed...at least from a noobs look.....Got to start somewhere...so...

Purchased, order numer 287!!!

Now to learn how to build and wick :) Will be looking for some help. Any tips on where to start learning? I've got the basic idea and understand ohms law (like, just enough to be dangerous). Have a voltmeter and can confirm the resistance of my nautilus and kanger heads and check batter voltage. Will be researching what wire and wicking material to get. Don't plan on aiming sub-ohm. I don't have the torch most folks are using but have a big propane based weed burner I use to light the big green egg. Bulky enough to be annoying but should be functional. Any good guides you all recommend?

In the end it seems folks can get good results with many different rta's when they get it set up and built right and to their liking.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Qorax, you're killin' me! I was perfectly happy waiting for Mark Bugs to come out with their new atty to go with my new WAE II that I received about a week ago, there was nothing else I've been planning to buy....... then I found this thread.

The Erlkönigin. I think I gotta have one.

Or two.

As of now there is no other topper better than the Erlkonigin for our WAE / WEs :) The same OD, the same tint ~ and a gr8 atty to use anyway! So yes, it is a win-win situation with the two.

In fact the Erlkonigin is awesome with any mod by itself. Since I grabbed mine this is the only atty I am using. Rebuilt it four times! No, nothing was wrong with any of my builds ~ I just wanted to tinker every 2-3 tanks thru ~ play with different setups / resistance / coil gauge and see how it fares. Bottomline: It rocks with anything I throw at it!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Read Tinkiegrrl's thread on the expromizer (tyty, helpful)...estia just doesn't make since without the 510, maybe later. I think I'll be disappointed in the quality of the fogger, and folks say why get an aqua when you can get a fogger. Not all abou the Kayfun, maybe for #2. Squape looks interesting and Taifun GT back in stock so got down to comparing. 10mm longer with 1ml less capacity. This thing just seems really well designed...at least from a noobs look.....Got to start somewhere...so...

Now to learn how to build and wick :) Will be looking for some help. Any tips on where to start learning? I've got the basic idea and understand ohms law (like, just enough to be dangerous). Have a voltmeter and can confirm the resistance of my nautilus and kanger heads and check batter voltage. Will be researching what wire and wicking material to get. Don't plan on aiming sub-ohm. I don't have the torch most folks are using but have a big propane based weed burner I use to light the big green egg. Bulky enough to be annoying but should be functional. Any good guides you all recommend?

In the end it seems folks can get good results with many different RTA's when they get it set up and built right and to their liking.

Congrats VB!

It is actually a very simple Atty, you'll be amazed by it's ease of handling and setup. More importantly - you'll be stupefied by its superior vape experience and wonder why didn't you grab it earlier.

If you follow my build pictorial (in the OP) - you cannot go wrong. In any case we are here to assist you in every possible way - to get you all sorted out and vape happily.

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
I was perfectly happy waiting for Mark Bugs to come out with their new atty
The Erlkönigin. I think I gotta have one.

This is exactly the state that I was in when I came across Qorax's post. This is exactly the topper that I've been looking for.
The Aqua is good BUT the dual coil build takes time and finesse to perfect. Eats battery. Takes more effort to fill.
Kayfuns are awesome, but the overhang bothers me.
I don't know what Mark Bugs is going to come up with and I also don't know how many pieces MB will release so it's not a given that I would get one of them.
Customer service with Erlkonigin is excellent. I am pretty certain that I won't be disappointed with this atty.
Now I need to find out how to get my name on the chimney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Various Tank Modes (Moods!) of the Erlkönigin:
2m26dfr.jpg

Erlkönigin Glass Tank Dimensions:
ind7ag.jpg

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
Bing!! I've got vape mail. An atty, and what an atty it is. Quality from head to toe. Arrived in less than a week (costed a bit for shipping to Thailand + import, but that's the name of the game living over yonder).
Excellent vapor quality, straight forward setup, easy to vape and fill. The Erlkonigin is Awesome.
Vape-purchases do not always live up to the hype but this one surely does. Thanks to Qorax for bringing this to atty to my attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
  • Deleted by TwoTimes
  • Reason: double post

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Bing!! I've got vape mail. An atty, and what an atty it is. Quality from head to toe. Arrived in less than a week (costed a bit for shipping to Thailand + import, but that's the name of the game living over yonder).
Excellent vapor quality, straight forward setup, easy to vape and fill. The Erlkonigin is Awesome.
Vape-purchases do not always live up to the hype but this one surely does. Thanks to Qorax for bringing this to atty to my attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats CABBA!

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Well, after some moving of funds, I pulled the trigger on one of these. I just want to say that I hate the OP right. Really and truly. $190 something gone on a topper (also purchased glass tube). This thing better be stellar. Of course, now that I ordered, I'm thinking I really should have added one of the drip tip adapters. Oh well.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Well, after some moving of funds, I pulled the trigger on one of these. I just want to say that I hate the OP right. Really and truly. $190 something gone on a topper (also purchased glass tube). This thing better be stellar. Of course, now that I ordered, I'm thinking I really should have added one of the drip tip adapters. Oh well.

Send him a PM/email asap ~ fetch the DT Adapter too. Tho the stock DTs are good the ability to plonk our own makes life a lot easier!

And Congrats Tinkie! This is one purchase you are not likely to regret ~ the bloody thing vapes absolutely fantastic! I am getting one more ~ albeit with a slight variation ~ shall let you guys know what it is later ;)

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Send him a PM/email asap ~ fetch the DT Adapter too. Tho the stock DTs are good the ability to plonk our own makes life a lot easier!

And Congrats Tinkie! This is one purchase you are not likely to regret ~ the bloody thing vapes absolutely fantastic! I am getting one more ~ albeit with a slight variation ~ shall let you guys know what it is later ;)

Nah. I'll deal with the original drip tip. I really feel kind of guilty, spending what I just spent. I should hopefully have it next week. Question - How clean was it when it arrived? I'd like to build it when I get it at work, rather then clean it at home. Hubby takes no notice with me rinsing out a tank for a rebuild. He'll notice if I'm soaking and boiling parts. He knows what I do with new tanks...

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Nah. I'll deal with the original drip tip. I really feel kind of guilty, spending what I just spent. I should hopefully have it next week. Question - How clean was it when it arrived? I'd like to build it when I get it at work, rather then clean it at home. Hubby takes no notice with me rinsing out a tank for a rebuild. He'll notice if I'm soaking and boiling parts. He knows what I do with new tanks...

Like I stated in my Review (OP), it comes shiningly neat & tidy out of the box. They run it thru a UC before packaging. You can safely start rebuilding it straightaway. However, I yet wash everything of mine thru soapy water before I use them ~ so did I with my Erlkonigin.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
qorax, you're an evil man for making me spend money on more vape gear :lol: Looking forward to checking this thing out, though, it looks promising. Budget's tight so I couldn't get ALL of the optional extras (I really wanted to, I'm weak like that, it's a sickness I tell ya!), but i did snag a drip tip crown adapter and 22mm metal tank to go with

I must've been right behind you at the checkout, I'm 288 :D

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
qorax, you're an evil man for making me spend money on more vape gear :lol: Looking forward to checking this thing out, though, it looks promising. Budget's tight so I couldn't get ALL of the optional extras (I really wanted to, I'm weak like that, it's a sickness I tell ya!), but i did snag a drip tip crown adapter and 22mm metal tank to go with

OP takes some excellent pictures. Made the Fogger look really nice too. In fact, what's $30 compared to what I just blew on this one? Hmm... Arrgh! No! Bad Tink!

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA

WooHoo, Mines been making some good progress. Out of Innsbrook, through Munich (Munchen) and in Leipzig within 7 hours...keep that baby moving this way. LOL.

I didn't understand the adapter thing... OP's pictures were so darn seksy it just didn't click...prolly a noob mistake; but it's clearly covered in OP so def my bad. I did get one of their 25mm tips so I'll have two which fit and I like that crown one so hopefully that'll be good enough. I'm noob enough I don't have a pile of customs... but the collections growing.

I've got in-laws coming from Germany in August if we need to get some of this little stuff brought over the pond without crazy expensive shipping...but they'll have the VAT. If it makes since down the line we can look at asking them to pick something up. I'd be happy to facilitate getting it around to you nice folks.

VBdev

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
Virginia Beach, VA
Congrats VB!

It is actually a very simple Atty, you'll be amazed by it's ease of handling and setup. More importantly - you'll be stupefied by its superior vape experience and wonder why didn't you grab it earlier.

If you follow my build pictorial (in the OP) - you cannot go wrong. In any case we are here to assist you in every possible way - to get you all sorted out and vape happily.

Thanks Qorax. I'm doing my homework and started collecting what I need. Have enough cellucotton Rayon for a few lifetimes and 3 rolls of Lighting Vapes Kanthal in route. 32, 30, and 28 gauge on the kanthal, geeze not sure if 75feet of wire's gunna cut it lol. Decent choices for wick and coil? Right gauges for a noob not looking at pushing limits too soon? I'm using a kick 2 on a mech right now, but the kicks grumpy, may need to swap it out.

I'm sure I'll have coiling issues and will be reaching out.

25 days smoke free after 20+ years of a pack a day Marlboros!!!!

Smoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Reno, NV
Just saw this pictorial yesterday (beautiful work qorax) and pulled the trigger less then a day later. Most purchases like this, I stew over for quite awhile, but this one seemed to be an easy choice. Went with the cone drip tip adaptor and 22 mm tank. Seems that should tide me over for some time......now the wait.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

LOL, wait till you place it in your hands, feel the weightlessness and admire the fit & finish! Then you'll thank me!

Congrats btw Dream, for a good choice/buy!

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Just saw this pictorial yesterday (beautiful work qorax) and pulled the trigger less then a day later. Most purchases like this, I stew over for quite awhile, but this one seemed to be an easy choice. Went with the cone drip tip adaptor and 22 mm tank. Seems that should tide me over for some time......now the wait.

Congrats Smoot! You couldn't be happier ~ you've taken a good decision ~ the Erlkonigin is the way to go, indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread