EU The European Union Ignores Science and Common Sense-Dr K Farsalinos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan

At the same time, none will be able to get any nicotine-containing liquid himself since only single-use cartomizers (with a maximum of 0.5ml of 20mg/ml nicotine concentration liquid) will be allowed to the market.

Unquote

That sounds EXACTLY like the stuff that's been made or is going to be made and marketed by the companies that have been bought up or founded by Big tobacco.

Surely, this is pure coincidence... of course...

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
OMG! :(
I am getting so sick and tired of those paid Big Pharma shills trying to serve their masters on the back of the European citizens.
Time for action again.
I am getting so sick of it!

They are supposed to work FOR the citizens, their salaries are paid BY the citizens - and they treat us like dirt.

I am getting so sick of it.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
A blanket ban on advertising-just like tobacco,

[Restrictions/limitations and information to consumers]
5. Member States shall ensure that:

a) commercial communications with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting
electronic cigarettes are prohibited in the press and other printed publications, with the exception of publications that are intended exclusively for professionals in the trade of electronic cigarettes and for publications which are printed and published in third countries, where those publications are not principally intended for the European Union market;
b) commercial communications with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting
electronic cigarettes which are prohibited pursuant to Art. 18 par. 5, lit. a) are prohibited in information society services as defined in Article 1(2) of Directive 98/34/EC;
c) commercial communications with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting
electronic cigarettes are prohibited in the radio;
d) any form of public or private contribution to radio programmes with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting electronic cigarettes is prohibited;
e) any form of public or private contribution to any event, activity or individual with the aim or direct or indirect effect of promoting electronic cigarettes and involving or taking place in several Member States or otherwise having cross-border effects is prohibited; [/b]
f) audiovisual commercial communications falling under Directive 2010/13/EU are prohibited
for electronic cigarettes;
g) cross-border distance sales of electronic cigarettes are regulated in accordance with Article

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
In the German vapers forum, all the people are just as horrified.

I am pulling out for a while.
If those thoroughly evil people with their bottomless greed for money wish to sacrifice me - and those like me - on the altar of the god Mammon (money) then I see nothing that I can do.

I have no strength to give, I have no encouragement to give to anybody. About anything. Anything at all.

I can use my stored goods. Then I can wait for the courts to overthrow that nonsense. Or go back to tobacco.
I no longer care.

See you whenever.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma

If those thoroughly evil people with their bottomless greed for money wish to sacrifice me - and those like me - on the altar of the god Mammon (money) then I see nothing that I can do.

I have no strength to give, I have no encouragement to give to anybody. About anything. Anything at all.

I can use my stored goods. Then I can wait for the courts to overthrow that nonsense. Or go back to tobacco.
I no longer care.

See you whenever.

This is tiring and stressfull Anja-but this is still 'proposal stage' so far its gone from 4mg/mil-full medicalisation-30mg/mil (jeebus knows where they conjured these figures from?) and back to 20mg/mil, nothing is finalised yet. Get a break, do some vapitation,, Ohhhhm :)

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Morning ritual: Crawl out of bed, make coffee, vape, check email, check vaping blogs, log onto ECF. This morning, everything stopped at "check email" when I read Dr. F's email, then his article, then the links. Righteous anger ensued. Upped nic level. Ooohhhhmmmm...

At last able to think somewhat rationally and objectively, I find it hard to believe this latest proposal will ever see the light of day as legislation. I simply *cannot* believe those who wrote it think it would ever be approved. So possibly, probably this is just their latest tactic in the anti-ecig war. But to what end? (Unless, of course, they truly are bat-crap crazy...)

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
OMG! :(
I am getting so sick and tired of those paid Big Pharma shills trying to serve their masters on the back of the European citizens.
Time for action again.
I am getting so sick of it!

They are supposed to work FOR the citizens, their salaries are paid BY the citizens - and they treat us like dirt.

I am getting so sick of it.
You say this as if their salaries are their major source of income...

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
I find it hard to believe this latest proposal will ever see the light of day as legislation. I simply *cannot* believe those who wrote it think it would ever be approved.

Or implementable-The border agencies cant stop millions of euros worth of goods already entering our ports.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Frightening. This is very close to what I've seen discussed for the last year here with the FDA... IE: That juice in the bottle will be banned and why so many have stocked up on nic. Some thought hardware also, especially atomizers, and went to rebuilding. I'm going to try to stay positive but its hard to do.

Why don't journalists get on the corruption involved and follow the money?

Last edited:

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
I don't think its fair to blame PMI (or any other tobacco company) for the EU Commission's latest e-cig policy proposal, which would ban 99% of e-cig products now on the market, would ban Internet sales, and would ban nearly all advertising.

While the large tobacco companies would benefit greatly from the EU Commission's latest e-cig proposal, its the ANTZ and drug industry lobbyists in the EU who have been aggressively lobbying the EU Commission for these outrageous e-cig regulations.

The ANTZ are so focussed on trying to snuff out e-cigs and e-cig marketing to protect their Big Pharma funders, they don't even realize that this proposal would give the European e-cig industry to Big Tobacco (and maybe some to NJOY if it reduces the nicotine in NJOY Kings by more than half, and begins to aggressively market the product before advertising is restricted/banned).

Dave_in_OK

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
San Antonio Texas

I no longer care.

See you whenever.

If you need strength take it from us, if you need encouragement know that you are not alone, know that they want you to go silently into the night it's they only way they can win, know that your words will be missed if you leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread