Status
Not open for further replies.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
I swear I see PV accessories everywhere. It's amazing how many items seem to inspire that second or third look as you're innocently walking through the hardware/auto/grocery store. Being a newb who hasnt found my perfect vape/kit/etc probably means my radar is in overdrive trying to find the perfect little gadget for my collection. For example, I've got my first mod :hubba: in my arsenal but now I've got to think about what to do with my spare battery. Really feel the need to have the contact points insulated in some way from any other goodies in my kit. (See disclaimer below)

Here's my current top list of promising/useful items. Recycling can be fun:D

1. Small flashlight
1xAAA
Spvto45yWx2kvH3-PzFLco8UiFlLxBL4-PghhtaI8ES1dmXEUcGiQAgGK4bNZ3Gh-U_mox3zynNDdrYkCEBY2jkH8bs1KlMkj5OHGCDk50kZu1sn089bNqSkrMXwkKTVsmA0b1pqpcBcW3Yh2Fc5HQaj80sz-4IbPIjuiNM3GrLX35ByIg
3xAAA
axuz6YebBUujIGBPEGuW15Q8TtpQKFK8CV3emAHYA1wdQaLs7uAKDvBmqrh4OiERNSs-5TcTCUxpnd3k3dD1wDjVh_Cxv45Vzbgf_SV1HghLulpjTlDlZQu9YkLGr-vyP9KW2d3d4a9Pz29KpMfs3xg7PNHphYGIj_24kw

Cartomizer holder/Battery holder (18500/etc)

My 510 cartos are almost exactly the same size as AAA battery (although the condoms increase diameter a bit) so anything that fits a AAA battery has options as a case for a spare carto or two.

For example the little keychain AAA flashlight that Madvapes tossed into my order will fit a single carto (with condom on mouth piece and not on threads.) If you leave both condoms on it can be a bit tricky to get it back out. But I find it to be extremely convenient to have an extra carto on my keychain wherever I go.

Most of the cheap LED flashlights at any store use 3xAAA batteries. The little case might be a bit tight to squeeze three condomed cartos, but with case removed two slip right inside and three is just a bit on the tight side. Three should fit with one or more condoms removed.

But what I really loved was that my 18500 (PROTECTED) battery not only fit inside but WORKED the light (almost blindingly so). So not only do I have a safe way to store my spare batt without having to worry about it rolling around in the glove box or god forbid my pocket full of change.......but I've got a great emergency light that can signal the international space station.

Could possibly fit a 3ml bottle in one, but I dont have one to test and my 5ml bottle was just a bit tall. Main thing I find attractive about these is they are sealed/tough/there are lots of clips/holders that are designed to hold these. Plus they are everywhere and come in infinite variety of sizes/colors and best of all they are usually cheap.

:)danger:Havent fully researched this on the flashlight modders forums so do this at your own risk. Some of the more expensive lights apparently will work fine and not burn out the leds. The cheap ones can get hot with extended use and burn out LED bulbs. I my case should work great for finding wayward e cig parts under the desk or peeking at the inside of a carto to see if it's getting too dry.)

oDSv_6UVV7Pi80p-5P69nzTC7mF2qtzp9x6vMHXhg9S6v2hnmfY8kX7wBTYmkBA-jGaosX140hjs1K_LSVCj3SN8WlGNBRkBUJQtlOxpVd7wOO_5mDtpRGojXOlvPwMS63SfT7TF
A nitro pill bottle was my first thought for toting around a spare cartomizer, but it's hit and miss on finding one that will fit and they can range from $3 to $12 (waterproof). While the 1xAAA are usually under a buck and I already got one free from MADVAPES.

2. Mint tins large and small

s92_vikkmEwDvdw-cezC2xXjDxu1XodfmO79ldCONmzzrPKIbGtiDw-A-FOyyEiuDmqaFUSXVbLZQ-uw3DzSHMuWJI0DTmcBPaX_JotHFybUblpsCnIWlW4ej9E7NBcQN09ejxur0c47iODNxkIDsM7SIB3vugvSVd6c_zAeHDjGDRnKiGM22dw
l1391cfOg1Wr0xiKjvmDdLKi0M0dCy_-8dY7RgIZ5Jl6yL0Ntp3SMxfhoaCSuk7RZVT14WOPhwdKW_YdSxRBRoZWmX8y-Le3AUW86jHG8ZpENGUBk2uZ4nv9CdwGXV38ad-gnM-p8yKt1CuIpmbXlw

Ok these might seem like a duh...lol...but they really didnt hit my radar till I spotted an assortment of the smaller tins. The larger tins certainly have there options and might come in handy as well, but they'd never tickled my fancy. Something to keep on the desk not in your pocket, would need to be custom fitted with foam/etc to keep things from rolling around. But when I came across a couple of smaller ones that should fit a few cartos nicely and slip easily in my pocket I couldnt resist.

:danger:I'm quickly discovering that my newly revived taste buds may develop an addiction to the tasty little mints. AND trying to eat the whole tin so you can start stuffing it with your toys will send them into overdrive.:pervy:

3. Dental Picks
5QJ59hw8hbjGApuWgLNU0CVe86X_XXYuVpR0Iy88AWQM3-Kez6xK7vjST9OO_bKkRQVvUZcU2B5_j4xEfYgJBxq8elWhDkg0V5FhBp4QR5Vkm789Br2AhuAzkk8YKqR_pAIWm-Nr--2lYCGG-HapSTwd1X5XdKHBcZsbdaki8mMcwfbKikIRhYvEAC0NBzka-Q7QFBt2-yNAOCCaYG4Qzw

I've only seen the long handled ones in a kit with the mirror/pick/scrapper usually under $10. Sometimes you can find a shorter curved pick, but I'm not sure I'd like the shorter one nearly as much except maybe in a travel kit where size was more important than ease of use. Check the set you are buying as well, mine unscrews from the tip if I ever decided not to carry the long handle with me.

I'd have been up the creek literally when I started using my cartos if I hadnt had this in the medicine cabinet. I'm sure I could have used a paperclip/etc and made due, but this thing seems designed for not only removing the endcap on my carto............it also holds onto it so I dont have to lay it on the table or find it in the carpet when it inevitably falls.:-x
The curved sharp/flat tips work like a charm not sure how well the small straight ones would do.

3. Oral Dosage Syringe

ienw6j6QN1ZfUvZiuSZELk90MtivRkaZ1u-DpcF2LsZsvfRO6AiJaes_PeBztE5j34hBcWc9wbZfhk_dbhsR9kjc6MfRJ0vJCaLURHdfY6tgZpoFasxsf6vieEUP65tAjMeMsJApYQIQkAu0wqQn3COvxpQBuHu67TLe3ixp
note long tube
yJsZmH9HHtzSV5Mniylg6oec4XPCqN3qkToh9t3xt71LQQcr2U6FcjlIk5BS47jPJqgJZbZ1YD9jz1gx0yVGm1rkiGcYQam_fOB_gQ_CnCI1UV5IHagIq_rbTIm6MClqJoD2hYPe8TTRhojeYBdqCt4j9uFMaJRY1vxNa7ZCVQ
note bottle attachment upper right of pic

Of course I cant seem to find a local source for an 18g(BLUNT)syringe to fill my cartos with so that's going to be tacked on to my next order, but almost any pharmacy/dollar store/etc should have something like this.

First one I bought had the little white corrugated piece in the second pic. This fits nicely in the top of a bottle so you can turn it upside down and draw out what you need, no mess no waste. Fits things like the 4oz bottle of VG USP from the pharmacy and even the bottle of PGA I got to cut the 100% vg with (I tell you that stuff is just a bit thick) Only catch is it wont fit a 15/30ml dripper bottle. When I spotted one similar to the first pic I grabbed it (dollar store) hoping the tube would give me the ability to remove specific ml from the smaller bottles without having to count drops.

4. Portable Power

oZWJJCGRS9iE4N_0xvWuNpLgDvBhfvx0CYSjKcMJUi5g8pSaKy3iJZP6AwPNJxB7L56IvpDseBR_yWhYDeCwrzfkvC4Tv3Mc8zb5cnYoTWvuIQylP7_r9pV0QZOAdGUlfMw-dMr9i4g
thumbnail.php

Granted there are much smaller options if you want portable power (ipad stuff, etc). But this is another item that triggered my PV RADAR and although I wouldnt buy one specifically for vaping usage, if you already have one it could come in handy when roughing it. These come in all shapes and sizes of course, but as long as it has a slot for the usb car adapter (1-2A) we all have for our passthru's/chargers .

:matrix: I havent crunched the numbers but if it'll jump start your car I'm sure it'll power the passthru/charger for an extended period of time provided you have the proper adapter.

5. Ashtray
nAK_cZMZXrwx7RlyXF_8RriaWmk7d6XpNR40If9w0kJfRdMmwkteiFnNRnCl0SZ84M5wxOMIQuWOmfDjujIsWoi-TYxxZ9As8POzEU4M4sfKWqIs_cYVDsnvv3gy6Ih4hIxSzxNatNDlqGc9kxhx6d1uMVKV

Now before you laugh, think about it. We were all smokers once and the ashtray has a spot in many of our decors. The one in the picture is similar to a cute little cast iron ashtray my mom's quite fond of. Properly cleaned and kept away from visiting analog smokers it could still keep its spot beside her chair and make a handy collection point for any number of PV accessories. Even a cleaned out ashtray in your car could provide a cubby hole for odds and ends like a mint tin with spare atomizers/etc (just dont leave your juice in it too long in the summer :facepalm:)

Last edited:

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
6. Zippo Lighter

mLpkuHOWGF8Zn54ZBxbEN_WplMS_SPZfc7Eq4jHbNUNypiBk_XSd4CsQH6wosVggQP5a-Zqb976tmXxWSo2Ia4TtNvbHnZ3dW51RAA1f2U9_FZgjndFbbaGpGni98h5wWLWAi55tDbry-ljfeFZujK-4ROrrz78c9yNmiiLqmA
7aiFXr0ox--lJMNglzJlc95tuhCXwd35r8CcqaBEq7pGYB5JoaSmmVo3xEIJO3-cpAKT2sIXbOGYifzmGY4fDNOrOyYeSruX7uTooCMRsIfxJSGECe8ehKtKeOSkovHFCe17IClGjxKQjdY30nzm-U5vWK0UoIfqY0PZRg

One of the first items from my analog supply that I tried to convert was a nice camel zippo my mom got back when they did the CNote thing. I'd never used it so no fluid issues, but once the guts are removed the lid wont stay closed on its own. (Any modding genius with a fix feel free to speak up.)

I did however run across something very similar in size and shape at my local CVS pharmacy. It was a small case that holds a pair of folding reading glasses, very similar to the zippo pictured on the right. I couldnt locate it on their website but it was in a display on the side of their glasses section and I'm sure others have something similar. It was around $7 and should easily hold two cartos. (suppose it would hold a good atomizer/cart combination, but my radar is focused on keeping cartomizer's handy)

7. Pill Bottles

4knjGibNOxQ-GnxFotzyqMvKWL__vi3vX4hm9bGUka5tuiJkvfE9AzFvaHYo3K5QbKqQCC5Q9bJRGSaTfo7DPenOotO8O_14DyIJ1D2xd3exqhCHCQ_dlQnup-eT5PNzpLuiPx1t5UWYIbMQ_IaXvV67eA4vCsfkfaRnxE_bnD-fsI4
Lpg9GQ18QYhZ1wNUzmRcz0JHwQXvDTLeJtQ96SNWWb70Y867IScy7FjdCmhNKppNsqPmguAR-2MixkPkNi7aRj6ZbUdhLuf6Ke2DrOms7a4bwZF1_exzviSUbsTPZPc54L4cs3EmfWBQAfrEDHR_b7we

This came up in a discussion about protecting nicotine e liquids that are shipped in clear bottles. Exactly how much protection nicotine needs from light degradation is up in the air and probably depends mostly on how long you are going to store it I would guess. But many vapors have children or other reasons to seperate e liq from regular items in the fridge/pantry/etc. Many of these have childproof caps and also have more room to add clear labeling both to assist the vapor/eliq chef in keeping things straight, as well as discourage curious little kitties.

This next one probably boarders on sacrilege, but remember we're talking PV's here with the emphasis on Personal and to each his own.

8. Cigarette Pack

achat-prince-king-size-hard-pack-2360.gif

I sure we all can very easily adapt that favorite cigarette case that's been a faithful companion, but even a regular pack of cigarettes can be used by those of us that still partake of the analog from time to time :ohmy:. Particularly in a case where you dont want to have to tote your normal kit around for whatever reason. Hard packs should work best, but as this is at best a temporary accessory I'm sure you could adapt a soft pack as well.

Say you're going out to the club and either know you're gonna need an analog to go with your favorite beverage or want to enjoy a night out without having to continually explain that large MOD in your hand repeatedly to the drunk idiot who cant quite stop staring at the pretty blue light. :facepalm: So you slip a few analogs (you're not gonna need the whole pack anyway) slip in a couple of 510 mega batts, maybe an assortment of flavored cartomizers (youre going out to enjoy yourself so come prepared), could even fit a small lighter in there too depending on how many cigs you pull out. So instant party kit including analogs, lighter, batteries and cartomizers. 15ml bottle would be a bit tight, but could fit a smaller one if you were so inclined.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
If you're talking about pulling the fluffy stuff that hold the fire water, I suppose you'd have some room for attys and cartridges. (My radar is thinking about handy cartomizer holders and occasionally for the perfect little package to hold a full blown travel kit with extra this and that). Might be handy for some though.

I'd have to pull the whole guts out and unfortunately that piece is what keeps the thing closed. Could use some tape, but that would defeat the purpose. Finding something that is handy and has some personality to it. (ok ok I'll admit it, I'm mainly trying to avoid having to carry a man purse.) If you had the skill and the right tools might could cut the top 2/3 off the top of the inner piece leaving the little clicker to hold it closed. But that's being my modding abilities and kinda seems sad to destroy such a finely crafted tool.

categoryImage_sub_repairClinic.png

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Q-tips
V7Eiy3fg6RhOGIPQVwVLapE5gAvYwUVM5CCMFHHSj3nennCeC6DPxUavkyo_jDJNCHHGPQzzZSQZALhL4y56Mh424_2RqAWOhe7pIFLZ_dLkiADMck3rJHC53lFWy9zTTeS7ZZI5eWpiiWrx7LZonYge2VpGikqyR12iDoVkFQ

Granted this is one of the more obvious handy dandy household items, but for the rest of the bachelors out there might be worth picking up a small box next time your at the dollar store. While paper towels/napkins have been my weapon of choice to dab that bit of juice that found it's way to the battery connector, I dont think they'll cut it when cleaning time comes. A Q-tip dipped in alcohol on the other hand should quickly handle any eliq residue building up inside the threads. And dont forget bachelors, now that you actually have Q-tips in the house you can use them to clean out your ears instead of your finger. :2cool:

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
After pretty much destroying the cute 1xAAA PLASTIC keychain light trying to modify it so it would fit a double condom cartomizer (this one is tapered at one end making it hard to get cartomizer back out), I figured I needed to update the specs a bit.

Here's what it needs to do:
1. Be as small as possible, but able to hold a cartomizer w/condoms without needing needle nose pliers to remove it. :grr:

2. Survive being dropped/stepped on 8-o
3. Waterproof would be a bonus, possibly necessity for some. :toast:
4. Strong enough clip/ring so wont break when tugged or used in teryn spin.:ohmy:
(Alternatively it needs to have a hole big enough to put a good ring on it. If buying one be sure to check each piece. Could have a nice key ring connected with a tiny bent wire to the flashlight.)

5. Easy to unscrew preferably one handed. :cool:

6. Strong enough to survive repeated screwing/unscrewing. :p
(One I've got now is pretty solid chunk of plastic, except where it was thinned down and threaded.)

7. Bulb holder/reflector/lens
This needs a bit of attention. If it's a solid unremovable piece there is no issue. If the reflector falls out and the lens stays put, again no problem. If the reflector/lens all falls out, then HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

8. Not cost an arm an a leg/preferably sitting in the drawer already or a freebie from some kind vendor (shout out to MADVAPES)

SO HERE ARE THE candidates
yhst-2031987573235_2113_11387023

1xAAA these are fairly common/cheap but usually plastic and the condomized cartomizer is just a bit tight in the one I got from madvapes. Need to find a metal one and see if it has the same issue, although for $10 bucks might be able to deal with a plastic one breaking from time to time. These will probably be the smallest of the possibilities and I'd love to find just the right one next time I'm sitting at the checkstand at the gas station/etc. They seem to work well without modification if you only put a condom on the mouthpiece and insert batt connector down. But may have to superglue the lens/reflector in for long term use.

1xAA
yhst-2031987573235_2115_109092

If your gonna pay for a metal one, look at the 1xAA as well. They seem to cost the same as the AAA, but size may start to become an issue. I'm definitely going to play with the next one I run into at the hardware store to see what kind of form factor they have.

Generic Nitro Pill Case
bwY0KMBrkNX-anbyOjB66hamD59Asq5tqpBSTi6QimRRilh7Suo60Euf3IgD_KibleCHA-oCHnJ33TRMc4aidlMfugJbjLJmgfkluBtC8wI6J_mdAl0ArPIX8-69dmhrldfgrQFKf5N8wGxQZSMc-VhtKQ

To be perfectly honest, these may be the best buy if you dont have something in the drawer or glove box to recycle into your PV supplies. There is an issue with them being a little short and some are a bit pricy if you want it super shiny or solid brass, but as long as it fits your cartomizer and toy budget, this would require no modification other than maybe a lanyard or key ring. And I believe even the cheapest ones have a rubber gasket so waterproof too.

3xAAA
axuz6YebBUujIGBPEGuW15Q8TtpQKFK8CV3emAHYA1wdQaLs7uAKDvBmqrh4OiERNSs-5TcTCUxpnd3k3dD1wDjVh_Cxv45Vzbgf_SV1HghLulpjTlDlZQu9YkLGr-vyP9KW2d3d4a9Pz29KpMfs3xg7PNHphYGIj_24kw

As stated earlier in the thread, these little babies have a special place in my kit because my MOD battery fits in it and can be safely carried anywhere except on an airline where I think you have to remove all batteries and tape them or something. But here and there you couldnt ask for a better travel case for you 18500 (IMHO). That being said, they suffer the same problem as the smaller AAA lights, just a little too tight for three condomed cartomizers. This only bugs me because sooner or later I know I'm gonna have an extra one floating around here somewhere and I just cant resist the urge to find a good way to fit three cartomizers in one. May resort to leaving condom off battery connector end, but dont want issues with eliq getting all over the insides. Could always just toss two in it, if I had one handy and felt the need to have an extra set of cartomizers for a long haul. But then again that's what the travel kit with chargers/etc is for.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I use this:

PADDED MINI-POUCH | AllElectronics.com

Holds two 510 batts, and several carts/attys or cartos. It is a little big, but I got used to it. This is the same case that several vendors are selling for $5-+, but only $0.50 here. They have all kinds of stuff that might be usefull to you. Have a looksee.

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at, but you are right a little usb drive case could be put to good use in our circles. Review says it'll fit 4 AA batteries and insulated??? Is it really insulated? Maybe he meant isolated since he was talking about batteries. But for $.50 that looks like a handy bit o kit.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 33

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
Took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at, but you are right a little usb drive case could be put to good use in our circles. Review says it'll fit 4 AA batteries and insulated??? Is it really insulated? Maybe he meant isolated since he was talking about batteries. But for $.50 that looks like a handy bit o kit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread