The Family That Vapes Together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
I have two sons, one is 25 and the other is 19. They're both good young men. A few years ago, when my wife and I were smoking again, after quitting and starting up again and quitting and...well, the older boy had been vaping and got my wife to try it and pretty soon she was vaping. A couple of months later I decided to give it a try and after hitting the wifes vape pen a few times decided to give it a go. Well a few years have gone by...my older son still vapes but he mostly vapes on pods these days. The missus is still using her vape pens and refuses to budge on moving up to mods and tanks. I, of course, have jumped into vaping with both feet.

The younger son is going to the university and living at home and a couple of months ago I was looking for something in his room that he borrows a lot, and stumbled across two bottles of vape juice and a Smok mod and tank setup. I was a bit surprised. He had never vaped around us. He's never smoked. He was an athlete in high school, played football and baseball and still works out at the gym regularly and has been into healthy eating, etc. I have mixed feelings about him vaping but he's doing it and it's out in the open now so he vapes around us.

So...the whole famn damily is now vaping. It gets a little foggy around the kitchen at times.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
My family vapes as well.. except we were a bit opposite of yours.

I started vaping first, then I got my son into it and then my husband joined the fray after I got every other smoker in the family vaping (including his sisters and brother in law)

At least there is always something to talk about.. where the sales are, what cool new gear exists etc...lol..

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
That sure makes life easier when everyone is on the same page. I vape by myself. My wife and I both smoked for many years. She was able to quit cold turkey. I tried doing that, but couldn't. I found vaping, and while she's glad I don't smoke anymore, she'd prefer I didn't vape either.

Dandelion Puffball

Apr 3, 2018
Pennsylvania
I'm hoping my family will end up like yours. I'm trying to convert my husband and mother over to at least mostly vaping, since they're both pretty heavy smokers. It's tricky because the hardware and juice combination that works for me doesn't work for them, though my husband is taking to it pretty eagerly now that I found a juice that doesn't make him cough. It seems to be a lot harder for my mother even though she's the one who really wants to quit smoking. But hopefully we'll eventually find something that works for her too.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I started vaping to quit smoking after my father, on hus deathbed (lung cancer) croaked "Son, you better quit this things before they kill you, too."

After my success, I got kits for my daughter and her spouse, son, stepdaughter, stepson, mother, aunt (lives near my mother and kept 'borrowing' mom's kit), and sister.

All have quit smoking. My stepson has quit everything.

Quite pleased!

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
Me and the Mrs both started vaping. She went cold turkey during pregnancy with B1 but took up vaping on my suggestion after B1 was born, cold turkey again for B2 but she'll be back on her iStick by Christmas.

Pity she's a " I smoked menthol, I'll only ever vape menthol" as I'd love a vaping buddy at home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread