The FDA Cares for Our Well-Being

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I am working on a little design, and I want to word it as best as possible. I would like to ask for the members of ECF to help me word this properly to deliver the most succinct message.

The design will include text similar to the following (or whatever we come up with):

The FDA Cares for our well-being.
(With "Approved" stamps: )
CIGARETTES:
Thousands of harmful chemicals. Numerous causes of almost sure death.

PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS:

Many newly researched and not fully understood drugs. Many instances of death.

PATCHES, GUM, LOZENGES:

Nicotine and food additives. Low success rate of stopping smoking.

(With "Un-Approved" stamp: )
ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES:
Nicotine and food additives. High success rate of stopping smoking.

Please critique, edit, alter, add, etc with your advice on what would deliver the best message.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
I would include some of the side effects of common smoking cessation drugs. Most common for Chantix-nausea, abnormal (vivid, unusual, or strange) dreams, constipation, flatulence, and vomiting.

For nicotine gum-Mouth/teeth/jaw problems, headache, heartburn, sweating, or ........

For Nicotine patches- (sooo many! Probably too many for your purpose, but...)Mild itching, redness, burning, and stinging at the application site may occur. Stop using this product and tell your doctor if redness caused by the patch does not go away after 4 days. Nausea, dizziness, flushing, or headache may also occur. Common nicotine withdrawal symptoms can occur when you stop smoking and include dizziness, anxiety, depression, or trouble sleeping, among others. If any of these withdrawal symptoms or side effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.If your doctor has prescribed this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects. Serious side effects are more likely if you continue to smoke while using this product. Do not smoke while you are using this medication.Stop using this medication and tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: mental/mood changes (e.g., irritability, trouble sleeping, vivid dreams), numbness/tingling in hands/feet, swelling hands/ankles/feet.Stop using this medication and seek immediate medical attention if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: chest pain, confusion, severe headache, fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, slurred speech, weakness on one side of the body.A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
(sooo many! Probably too many for your purpose, but...)

Thanks for the input! Yeah, I'm just looking to make a little 400X400 picture just to share to get the hypocrisy of the FDA across. It would be nice to include ALL of the things they approve that are harmful for us to use, but . . . space. :)

JohnKing

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
FL
How the FDA works (it's broken too):

Where we left off, we had learned that on March 29, 2007, an FDA advisory panel had voted overwhelmingly that Dendreon’s promising treatment for prostate cancer should be approved. As a result, most financial analysts and investors were predicting that Dendreon’s future looked extremely promising.

As we had also learned, however, ten hedge funds (out of a universe of 11,500 hedge funds) held large numbers of Dendreon put options (bets against the company), suggesting they had reason to believe that Dendreon would be derailed. At least seven of those hedge funds can be tied to Michael Milken or his close associates.

A very long but very worthwhile read:

Michael Milken, 60,000 Deaths, and the Story of Dendreon (Chapter 1 of 15) | Deep Capture: exposing the crime of naked short selling

It's the usual cast of characters, the Wall Street/DC Crime syndicate that uses the FDA for profit. They are not there for YOU.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
You could probably pick out just a few of the most common that are typical across the board. Such as-psychological changes, nausea, sleep disturbances, and even death.

Working a small list of side effects in.
How the FDA works (it's broken too):

A very long but very worthwhile read:

Michael Milken, 60,000 Deaths, and the Story of Dendreon (Chapter 1 of 15) | Deep Capture: exposing the crime of naked short selling

It's the usual cast of characters, the Wall Street/DC Crime syndicate that uses the FDA for profit. They are not there for YOU.

Adding "approved/denied based on profitability vs benefits" idea.

Thanks for the link BTW!

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
Don't be naive. The FDA is not a group of people who work for the welfare of the American people. In fact, they are the ones who stop most of the progress of those working to find cures for cancer and diabetes, etc. The FDA is more like an underground syndicate, working for their own personal financial gain.

If you have enough money, you can buy whatever you want from the FDA. Nothing else speaks to them.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Don't be naive. The FDA is not a group of people who work for the welfare of the American people. In fact, they are the ones who stop most of the progress of those working to find cures for cancer and diabetes, etc. The FDA is more like an underground syndicate, working for their own personal financial gain.

If you have enough money, you can buy whatever you want from the FDA. Nothing else speaks to them.

That's the point of what I'm making.

EDIT: i.e. - they have approved things that will kill you, but will not approve electronic cigarettes because they won't make money off them.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
CIGARETTES:
4,000+ harmful chemicals. 450,000 deaths a year.

Many highly-profitable but not fully understood drugs. Hundreds of deaths.

PATCHES, GUM, LOZENGES:
Nicotine + food additives. ~7% success rate in stopping smoking.

ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES:
Nicotine + food additives. ~80% success rate in stopping smoking.
No evidence of harm after many
years of global use by millions of people.

[Note: the UK, like many European countries, has a centrally-organised healthcare system that provides free healthcare for all, regardless of circumstances. Therefore all UK citizens have a centrally-accessible health record. After 5 years of use by many thousands of people, there are no reports of harm attributable to e-cigarettes. This is an important factor in why attempts by the UK pharmaceutical licensing agency (a pharma industry lapdog, same old story, just google 'MHRA corruption') to license the electronic cigarette as a medicine failed - it doesn't cause any harm. Since the Health Service is a centralised organisation, any such reports would have been available and seized on with glee by the agency concerned. Unfortunately, they crapped out there. They would also probably have asked European colleagues to help with any adverse reports, as many other EU countries have centralised healthcare - and obviously they failed there too. As far as we know there are no reports anywhere of harm. If there were, the FDA would have been on them like a ton of bricks. This is not to say, of course, that e-cigs are harmless - that cannot possibly be the case. But it looks as if any adverse reactions are going to be long-term and minor in scale.]

Last edited:

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
-----

FreakyStylie, my comment was made for everybody. And you're right on!

-----

Cool. I wasn't sure, but I thought so. Then I looked at my reply . . . typing always comes through perfectly. :laugh:

CIGARETTES:
4,000+ harmful chemicals. 450,000 deaths a year.

Many highly-profitable but not fully understood drugs. Hundreds of deaths.

PATCHES, GUM, LOZENGES:
Nicotine + food additives. ~7% success rate in stopping smoking.

ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES:
Nicotine + food additives. ~80% success rate in stopping smoking.
No evidence of harm after many
years of global use by millions of people.

[Note: the UK, like many European countries, has a centrally-organised healthcare system that provides free healthcare for all, regardless of circumstances. Therefore all UK citizens have a centrally-accessible health record. After 5 years of use by many thousands of people, there are no reports of harm attributable to e-cigarettes. This is an important factor in why attempts by the UK pharmaceutical licensing agency (a pharma industry lapdog, same old story, just google 'MHRA corruption') to license the electronic cigarette as a medicine failed - it doesn't cause any harm. Since the Health Service is a centralised organisation, any such reports would have been available and seized on with glee by the agency concerned. Unfortunately, they crapped out there. They would also probably have asked European colleagues to help with any adverse reports, as many other EU countries have centralised healthcare - and obviously they failed there too. As far as we know there are no reports anywhere of harm. If there were, the FDA would have been on them like a ton of bricks. This is not to say, of course, that e-cigs are harmless - that cannot possibly be the case. But it looks as if any adverse reactions are going to be long-term and minor in scale.]

Rearranged very succinctly. Thanks! Also, thanks for the info!

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Last edited:

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
BTW . . . this is just for a mental image. It wont look this awful, but this will give you an idea of what I'm going for.
FDA Loves Us inprogress.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread