FDA the fda is considering banning flavored e-juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

casuald00d

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2018
the states of unitedness
this, to me, comes across as ridiculous, but i just read a news report on the wall street journal indicating that the fda is considering a ban on all flavored juices. that is just absurd. and, not surprisingly, it's part of an alleged effort to combat underage use of vaping products.

here's the story: FDA Chief Considers Ban of All Flavored E-Cigarettes

so because law enforcement is having a difficult time enforcing the law and keeping these products, which are already unlawful to possess for minors, out of the hands of minors, they want to make them less appealing to minors so that they stop buying them? that's the logic? cater to one segment of the population, ignore the other. interesting... lol

personally, i love that there are all these e-juice flavors out there, even if i almost exclusively vape mint. it's just nice to have options and for the smokers out there that are thinking about switching to vaping, i just think that it makes it that much easier and more appealing - which are good things from my perspective. i do see the downside here with youth appeal but it's like, should we make candy illegal? it rots your teeth and can lead to disease. why not ban it, right? what a world we live in.

can someone hurry up and propose a GOOD solution to combating underage vaping? if anyone has one, i'd love to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread