The Feds don't want KIDS vaping, would rather kids smoke, they get Taxes off Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
No matter how much tax or public bans the Feds put on E-Cigs, kids will still Vap E-Cigs. Many states have Banned use of real Cigarettes in Public places and its not stopped kids from smoking. The Government don't care about kids health. They would rather Kids keep smoking than vap, at least they get taxes from kids smoking.

We all know the reason the Government wants to ban and tax E-Cigs, its all about Tax money and tobacco Comp. Lobbyist. It has nothing to do with Kids useing E-Cigs. How sad our government, what a bunch of loosers.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Even if it were about The Children, it still would be wrong. The Children are not "more equal" than adults. All persons have equal rights. It is against the constitution to lessen someone's rights based on age.

I totally agree with this.

Silly Feds, despite long standing laws to the contrary, teens get access to cigarettes, alcohol and other stuff. Go ahead Feds & States, make laws for e-cigs that are age based so you feel good that you did something and can score political points for saying you care about children, but the reality is that it won't change a thing. The laws are not what has made teen smoking decline in recent years, they have been on the books for too long to make that association.

Therefore, I'd say the Feds don't care about the health of children OR adults. The consequence of the e-cig scare tactics is to keep people smoking, keep the tax revenues flowing, let smokers have more health issues (good for BP) and die sooner (based on their own claims of how many die from cigarettes).

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Kids don't have the same rights as adults. For instance, no nobody gives or sells anything to a kid if the parents might object. That principle is ancient. But with kids and ecigs I think the story might turn out to be more complicated. Nic is so not addictive that the FDA has allowed gum and patches to be over the counter items for the last 18 years. I think never smokers who try vaping eventually lose interest. What if kids who never smoked try vaping and, curiosity satisfied, never try smoking. What if the only people who become persistant vapers are people who are trying to avoid relapsing back to smoking? I haven't found there is a sudy looking into that.

I did fiind an article about a survey of europe that finds most vapers are 15-24 years old and they vape to get off cigarettes and there are 30 million of them.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
sofarsogood:Kids don't have the same rights as adults.

They both have the rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. With children, the liberty and pursuit of happiness is under 'guidance' until a certain age - usually arbitrarily chosen but close to an age where full responsibility allowed.

For instance, no nobody gives or sells anything to a kid if the parents might object.

This is the best definition of a 'nanny state' when adults are treated like kids by the government :)

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

They both have the rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

Exactly. And these rights are perfectly equal regardless of age.

Coming back to vaping. What I see is that the government wants to "save the children" by throwing me under the bus. They do not have the constitutional right to do so. I do understand that in certain circumstances the life of someone else could be more useful than mine, and that sacrifice in a critical situation would be called for, but that would be MY call not the government's.

In this particular case, forcing me to go back to tobacco wouldn't help "the children" in any way. On the contrary. My death by tobacco smoking would be counterproductive and utterly stupid. Yet the government wants to make this call for me.

In conclusion, I would like to state that:

- the call that the government wants to make is stupid
- regardless of the merits of the call, they don't have the right to make it

Last edited:

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri

They both have the rights to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. With children, the liberty and pursuit of happiness is under 'guidance' until a certain age - usually arbitrarily chosen but close to an age where full responsibility allowed.

For instance, no nobody gives or sells anything to a kid if the parents might object.

This is the best definition of a 'nanny state' when adults are treated like kids by the government :)

Moreover, kids can't legally vote, buy booze, get married or enter into binding contracts.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
well folks we have nothing to worry about.
according to our guvment' its perfectly ok for
the chillin' to get bombed on their favorite
flavored adult beverage and go romp in the
bedroom having safe sex using fruit flavored
condoms. but e-cigs?! OMG!
what the guvment is really saying is get drunk
and go have sex we'll take care of all that other
stuff for you. see no worries sheeple.
:2c:
regards
mike

susanlinda823

Moved On
Oct 15, 2014
Dallas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
Kids don't have the same rights as adults. For instance, no nobody gives or sells anything to a kid if the parents might object. That principle is ancient. But with kids and ecigs I think the story might turn out to be more complicated. Nic is so not addictive that the FDA has allowed gum and patches to be over the counter items for the last 18 years. I think never smokers who try vaping eventually lose interest. What if kids who never smoked try vaping and, curiosity satisfied, never try smoking. What if the only people who become persistant vapers are people who are trying to avoid relapsing back to smoking? I haven't found there is a sudy looking into that.

I did fiind an article about a survey of europe that finds most vapers are 15-24 years old and they vape to get off cigarettes and there are 30 million of them.

Nic, like many other substances, have a different affect on developing brains than fully formed ones. addictive or not it is still not good for the child.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Thread hyjacking

This thread is not about kids or adults right. If anyone wants to discuss that subject then start a new thread.

Please post to the topic of the thread. If you can't then please do not post.

This is a news and media forum. "E-cigarettes in the media." Where's your media piece?

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
hijackdeniro.jpg

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
"According to a recent study by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2014 was the first year that more teens smoked e-cigarettes than traditional cigarettes, with 16 percent of high school students reporting regular use of the electronic nicotine product."

You would think this would be a GOOD thing!

And he said...
“These products can be cheap, easy to get and effectively disguise drug use because ‘vaping’ produces no smoke or smell."
http://city-countyobserver.com/ag-z...o-tackle-rise-in-e-cigarette-use-among-youth/

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

Whitewolf2014

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
South Central, PA, USA
Nic, like many other substances, have a different affect on developing brains than fully formed ones. addictive or not it is still not good for the child.

Then be sure to keep your children away from Niacin, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants and the like.

All You Need To Know About Nicotine
Nicotine in the diet
• Nicotine is a normal part of the diet and everyone tests positive for it. In all of the large-scale clinical surveys where hundreds of subjects were tested, no person has ever tested negative for nicotine [13]
• Nicotine is a normal ingredient in vegetables and everyone consumes it (13]
• Nicotine is an active alkaloid [14] and an active part of the diet [15] - removing it has negative consequences for some [16], and supplementing it has benefits for some [17]
• Its sister compound nicotinic acid, co-located in the same plants and with several benefits in common with nicotine, has been allocated vitamin status as Vitamin B3 (although the researchers had to invent a new name for it in order to get it accepted) [18]
• You feed your baby nicotine in her mashed-up vegetables, and no corrupted medic has ever dared to claim this is a bad idea since nicotine is so closely associated with the B vitamin group that a nutritional deficiency would almost certainly be created if an attempt were made to try and artificially exclude any active ingredient such as nicotine [20].

But the question is about children vaping, which would be a bad idea for them to do, unless they had a cigarette in hand and about to light up. Kids will do what kids want to do when nobody is watching. I think most people would prefer they did neither (smoke or vape). Looking at the past century before e-cigs, how many of us could have made a better choice if we had the option.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Niacin Deficiency Symptoms

Symptoms of mild niacin deficiency include:
indigestion
fatigue
canker sores
vomiting
depression

Severe deficiency, called pellagra, can cause symptoms related to the skin, digestive system, and nervous system. They include:
thick, scaly pigmented rash on skin exposed to sunlight
swollen mouth and bright red tongue
vomiting and ........
headache
apathy
fatigue
depression
disorientation
memory loss

If not treated, pellagra can lead to death.

Niacin Deficiency: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread