The fervor of a convert

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomsljr

Oct 22, 2013
Sweetwater, Tn
I started to quit smoking back in August. I went on Chantix to help me do this. I could say I was successful, if the goal was to turn into a bat-..... crazy zombie. I stopped taking it, but managed to limp along for the most part not smoking. I started picking up gas station one-shot wonder e-cigs, and was not impressed. I went through two different iterations of small rechargeable units (Logic and Fin). Better, but still not there.
Yesterday morning, I read an article about a vapor bar opening in NY. This led me on a Google chase of the vaping culture. It turns out a B&M store had opened up near me in Knoxville, Tn about a month ago. I jumped in the truck, and in less than two hours I was set on the road to serious vaping.
In the last little more than one day, I have come to several conclusions:
1. I really like vaping.
2. I have no desire whatsoever to ever smoke another cigarette.
3. This is going to get pretty expensive in the short run, as I have already found a bunch of stuff I want to try.
4. I am going to need to lower my nicotine content, as I want to continue vaping but can't as I have reached my nicotine saturation level.
5. I dig the DIY culture around vaping. It appeals to my background as an artist and builder.

I look forward to getting to know more about this through the forum here, and to getting to know you fine folks.

Blkwdw86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Gladewater, TX
Welcome!

Many of us turned to e-liquid vaping after trying the (terrible) cig-a-likes. I've done it all, tried it all, been through it all, nothing allowed me to drop the stinkies cold turkey until I discovered full-on vaping, I haven't smoked since twenty minutes after I got my starter.

With vaping, we can enjoy the health benefits of quitting smoking while breaking our chemical and psychological addictions at our own pace, if we want to bother at all. Vaping is considerably cheaper than smoking; for the initial investment of a couple of months' worth of cig money, you can vape for YEARS and never spend another dime! I say CAN, but we all know we WON'T! :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread