The FTC and Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This is theatre performed for the anti's. Let's have a big round of applause for our government and its proposed action.

Jamie was pointing out the other day on another thread how different cigarettes in use by different smokers would produce varying intakes of nicotine and tar. And she's right.

But I liked the FTC test method and used the results for years because it provided a "same test" comparison of cigarettes. Yes, I could cover the holes on my True blue cigarette filter and get higher hits than the FTC said. But I knew what I was doing. Yes, I inhaled "light" cigarettes deeper. Is anyone surprised? We all have individual levels of nicotine we need to achieve to experience comfort and satisfaction. I wanted high nicotine, low tar, and used those tests for guidance.

I liked checking how Doral fared against Kent, Camel against Chesterfield, Kool against Newport, Viceroy vs. Winston, Carlton against unfiltered Lucky Strikes. The readings had meaning because each cigarette got the same test.

What will happen if the FTC stops testing? Who cares? Stop testing, already. Go away, in fact. Let smokers find their comfort zone!

Just pay very, very close attention to the paragraph in that story about Congress wanting to hand over control of cigarettes to the Food and Drug Admininstration. THAT would be The Beginning of the End.

Last edited:

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
>> The FDA legislation approved by House and Senate committees would prohibit terms such as "light" or "mild" which many consumers mistakenly believe means the products are safer.<<

Where are they getting these imaginary consumers - from some study done in 1952?

They'd better change the legislation to have the loaded nicotine levels printed on the package then. At least currently if my Ultra Light brand wasn't in stock I could request a different Ultra Light brand and know I wasn't going to have the top of my head blown off with nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread