Not open for further replies.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
not really....they are nice for what they are but until they can up their battery life then no
they are a great improvement over cig-a-likes
but they are still just a transitional piece or a backup...

that said I would love to see them become "mainstream" but they still have a way to go before I'd replace my mods with pods

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
If ecgis hope to become standard household items, it will probably only work with simple/cheap pod systems.

However, right now, there are no industry standards for pod system parts, so everybody produces his own little gimmicky devices, and the end user is left with a myriad of equally expensive and fast-dying alternatives.

Until that changes, I will happily chuck big clouds from my high-powered box mods...

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Pods? The future?

Yeah, remember when the industry finally settled on VHS ... I mean 510 connectors? Now with pods we are back to a myriad of proprietary tanks er, pods and connectors.

Something like the Flint comes out and people call it the Next Big (little) Thing ... a pod killer ... good grief, it is just a little battery tube with a 2ml 510 tank and drop in coils (it works fine by the way, I have one). The Ego One 1100 was roughly the same thing in 2015, a tiny bit taller, and a tiny bit thinner ... and gave a better vape (in my opinion) with a 1 ohm CLR (rebuildable) drop-in coil. It got dissed a lot because it only had 1100mah and only held a couple ml ... sheesh how times have changed ... But I digress...

Pods. Right. Sure, pods are mainstream already ... at least for now. Hype and the Next Big Thing(TM) are always going to be the future of vaping ... and things will be the same as they ever was (maybe shinier packaging).

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
not really....they are nice for what they are but until they can up their battery life then no
they are a great improvement over cig-a-likes
but they are still just a transitional piece or a backup...

that said I would love to see them become "mainstream" but they still have a way to go before I'd replace my mods with pods

That's a point

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
2 words:
$16 Billion.
That was the Juul sales in 018. Nuf said?

Innokin, Vapresso, Voopoo and others are all in on the refillable pod system. Innokin is about to (or just did) introduce a pod setup with replaceable Zenith coils. That goes with their already current lineup of pod systems. Vapresso just introduced a zippo lighter deal-ee-o to go with their side project the temp controlled Renova Zero and Voopoo did a Sourin Air type spinner pod system. One called Justfog Minifit is already pretty popular along with those Aspire devices.

For cloud chuckers? Eh, probably not. But for the rest? You betcha.

Should GeekVape jump on the wagon? I kinda hope not. You guys are known for Sherman tank durability and pods are kinda seen as a temporary device. But if you ever do I feel pretty confident it'll be a game changer. Right now the pod market is getting pretty crowded pretty quickly so it will be easy for a great idea to get lost in the crowd.

Perhaps after the gimmicks all shake out and the hoopla has settled down GeekVape can join in. Something old school like a 2x AA flashlight sized deal with a pocket clip and all. Something worthy of the GeekVape reputation for durability.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
No future. True, people want simple things to carry outside instead of their big, clunky mods and tanks.
I long for a AIO with a removable battery and a decent chip. With decent heads.
Like the Billet Box. Like the Joyetech eVic AIO. Not something that at the third puff runs of battery or has to be run with nic salts.
We're missing a huge category here. An AIO with a chip and a 18650 and a decent head.

Many years ago I wished for a tank and said it out loud. Maybe I'll get my way again.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Do you think Pod system will become a mainstream of E-cig industry in the near future?

Maybe, but not in the US. The US FDA seems to be starting a war against pod systems b/c they feel pods are appealing to minors. I think pod systems could have a very bleak future in the US.

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
2 words:
$16 Billion.
That was the Juul sales in 018. Nuf said?

Innokin, Vapresso, Voopoo and others are all in on the refillable pod system. Innokin is about to (or just did) introduce a pod setup with replaceable Zenith coils. That goes with their already current lineup of pod systems. Vapresso just introduced a zippo lighter deal-ee-o to go with their side project the temp controlled Renova Zero and Voopoo did a Sourin Air type spinner pod system. One called Justfog Minifit is already pretty popular along with those Aspire devices.

For cloud chuckers? Eh, probably not. But for the rest? You betcha.

Should GeekVape jump on the wagon? I kinda hope not. You guys are known for Sherman tank durability and pods are kinda seen as a temporary device. But if you ever do I feel pretty confident it'll be a game changer. Right now the pod market is getting pretty crowded pretty quickly so it will be easy for a great idea to get lost in the crowd.

Perhaps after the gimmicks all shake out and the hoopla has settled down GeekVape can join in. Something old school like a 2x AA flashlight sized deal with a pocket clip and all. Something worthy of the GeekVape reputation for durability.

Geekvape will jump in on the wagon maybe when we are ready!:headbang:
Thank you for the opinion!

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Pod systems will take a lot of people of smoking tobacco, they are simple to use and perform very well. So it is a revolution in the business, but I think eventually many Pod users will switch to the higher performing devices.
i'm opposite ... from higher performing devices to POD now.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
i'm opposite ... from higher performing devices to POD now.

Me too. Throughout the day size was an issue. A pod just slips in a pocket and away we go. Little by little the 'coffee table' mod was setting idle more and more often until the day it got stashed away.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
imho, no they make a great companion to my profile but i wouldn't replace my entire setups with just pods they don't last nearly enough to get me through an entire day on it's own.

Considering size into this, i have multiple mods and squonks that i alternate in summer/winter and i don't mind the size at all.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do you think Pod system will become a mainstream of E-cig industry in the near future?

Write down your opinion below!:headbang::banana::rickroll:

Depends what Market you are in.

In the US Market, Closed System with 5 Flavors are going to about the Only thing Legally Sold after 8-8-22 or so.

In Markets where Tobacco Policy is less FUBAR, and Open Systems are allowed to be sold, I would say that Pod Mods will have a Good Sized Market Share. Especially among New Users.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
No, absolutely not....no one is ever going to convince me that something that i have to keep throwing away and replacing is going to be my staple daily thing...just doesn't make sense :cry:

I enjoy both my pods and the salt nic but they wouldn't replace my mods and rdas' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread