Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This really gets my goat :lol: An rda which is not rebuildable??? Can I see a pic of the deck?
There’s one or two of them around. The one I remember seeing had a platter like coil cartridge that was held on by a screw through the center. I understand the cartridge was rewickable with a tweezers which is something of a bonus.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

So a removable deck (which this effectively is) can be a bonus, but I see zero reason they couldn’t have put screw threads on the head so the coils could be replaced. There’s room. Plus dual coil only. Pass from me. The only advantage I see it having is that some people are afraid of coil wrapping. I’m not one of them. There are several dual coil squonk RDAs with top flow out there.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
Won't address any of those problems because it still has to be wicked.

I was addressing the problems of coil building. If you want RDA flavor and can’t make your own coils the Goat adresses that problem.

As far as wicking goes there are multiple companies now providing aglet style cotton that ease wicking.

Grimm goes into detail of why this RDA was created in a Vlog and the review. The inspiration for the the RDA came from a vet who was deemed legally blind. The vet was not helpless, but was limited to what he could do.

I have 3 mods beside me with RDAs on them. I love having the ability to coil, wick, drip and use these RDAs. If I ever had the misfortune of being disabled I am glad that there are people out there that are thoughtful enough to come up with something like this. I hope the work is continued by people with empathy and the love of vaping.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I was addressing the problems of coil building. If you want RDA flavor and can’t make your own coils the Goat adresses that problem.

As far as wicking goes there are multiple companies now providing aglet style cotton that ease wicking.

Grimm goes into detail of why this RDA was created in a Vlog and the review. The inspiration for the the RDA came from a vet who was deemed legally blind. The vet was not helpless, but was limited to what he could do.

I have 3 mods beside me with RDAs on them. I love having the ability to coil, wick, drip and use these RDAs. If I ever had the misfortune of being disabled I am glad that there are people out there that are thoughtful enough to come up with something like this. I hope the work is continued by people with empathy and the love of vaping.
I respectfully have to disagree with you. I do understand because all I use are RDAs and mostly mech mods anymore. My hands aren't useless but I have problems but with the proper tools anything is possible. The G.O.A.T. is just another marketing piece of crap to keep people coming back for coils like a subohm tank. You can buy prebuilt coils cheap but winding your own coils with a jig is even less expensive and is SIMPLE. Wicking is still always going to be the draw back no matter what. Building coils is easy but wicking is an art. Another possible problem is that if thee is not enough inteedt in the GOAT and the quit making coils the you have a useless RDA. My philosophy is NO BUILD NO BUY.

• Agree
Reactions: tdman77

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
I respectfully have to disagree with you.

I am okay with that.

I learned a long time ago not to judge what or how a person vapes, unless if something they’re doing is inherently dangerous. Your style is RDAs and mechs. I like that. The guy who turned me on to vaping is 7 years smoke free. He still, to this day, uses a clearomizer style tanks with silica wicks and a vape pen. I like that too.

There will always be a market for drop in coils. And if one ex-smoker stays an ex-smoker because his Alien 220 with the chipped paint is still working and his Baby Beast is producing clouds...well, I really like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread