The general dislike of BLU

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddbrennan

May 22, 2013
NY
Hi guys I'm a new vaper who didnt know about this forum and all its great info before I bought my BLU premium started kit. That being said most of the gripes are that the batteries dont last long and the prefilled cartos are expensive. I am not an all day vaper (mostly at night after work) I find with the 2 batteries I always have one charged. They give good vaper, and I have found a good way to clean and re-fill the used cartos. I spent 70.00 for the kit, so I don't want to be so fast to kick it to the curb for something else. what do you guys think?

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
Well my frien who hipped me up to the what I am using now. The BLU ecigs didn't work for him. I tried the BLUs they were cool
but just didnt cut it. So I asked my friend what he was using.
He told me he got the joyetech ego-C upgrade 650mah pastrhough battery it has a usb charger on the end.
I started with an evod tip. The difference between this and the blu is night and day.
U can find them on line or if there is a local vapor store and I see u are in NY Im sure there are some
go there and get a good batt and a good tip some juice and you won't be disappointed. A good vape store
will let u sit there and sample the juices on the spot.
I started last week, on my fifth day smoke free.
Welcome and good luck. U won't be disappointed if u switch

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
I think most people start with a Blu or something similar. The batteries just didnt cut it for me, but I kept the kit since it was 70 bucks and I might use them if I am out in a club or something, since they are small. The Ego batteries with vivi nova tanks are much more enjoyabe. The battery lasts like all day, and the vapor/taste is amazing on most juices. Its almost like night and day, and WAY cheaper in the long run. Something for you to consider down the road or when you want to change things up. I had no idea the difference until a local vendor let me try his tank system. Its pretty impressive compared to Blu.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Hey man, enjoy what ya got till it's quirks start to irk you. Thats what all of us do for the most part. lol. We all started where your at, with the 510 batteries.. Then the eGos... And then maybe even mods. You will find your way. Enjoy the BLU, you may never find u want more. Welcome to the family. Stick around here, post, and you will make many a friend. Stick to vaping and your my pal. GL on ur vape journey.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I wouldn't mind you using Blu as a general principle. I have no problem with people who love cigarette look-a-likes and I prefer small mods myself.

The one big problem I have with Blu is that they are owned by Lorrillard now and are thus, in bed with big tobacco.

Big tobacco is hassling the vape community, trying to send our smaller vendors, vendors who innovated and built the industry out of the commercial arena. Lorrillard is spreading the lobbying money around and is trying to take away bottled or "loose, juice" as its known.

Since you've already bought the thing, I'd say go ahead and use it. How about maybe getting some cartos and juice though from one of the registered ecf suppliers? What is Blu a regular 510? You can probably get those supplies at 25% the cost at My Vapor Store, Hoosier E-cig Supply, etc.

JohnnyVsGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I met a lady at the hotel my fiance is setup through work with long term. She had tried Blu and didn't like it. My fiance had his Provari with a Zen Atty Pro on it. She took one puff and was like Whoa!!!! That'll help me stop smoking. I guess the Blu wasn't working for her.

On a side note I felt bad because I referred her to the guy selling Volcano's at the mall which most of us wouldn't do but her husband is an Allstate claims adjuster for disaster relief so they're never home and ordering something by mail would have sucked. She probably paid 3x's what she should have but she emailed me saying she finally quit.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
I know a lot of people don't like Blu and they get a bad rap but you have to respect them for trying to mainstream e-cigs with the whole Steven Dorf ad campaign and all.

I agree, if u are somewhat of a light smoker they are great. But if u are a heavy duty smoker and want a fighting chance u heavy
duty vaping is the way at least for me.
Blu e-cigs are the gateway vape.....;-)

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Congrats on making the effort to quit!

I LOVE Blu-Cigs! I owe my quitting of the ciggies to Blu-Cigs and Vivid Vanilla pre-filled cartos! I will always remember that.
There is nothing wrong with Blu-Cigs. It's great that they are working for you. Wish you continued success with them. I still have my starter kit and fire it up every once-in-a-while when I need extra stealth.

There are alternatives available that some prefer. Battery life is a big issue for me, as well as being tethered to a charger all day, every day. If they can solve that, I could easily see myself as a more frequent customer. There are less expensive alternatives for Blu-Cigs cartridges and ejuices as well. That said, they have a place in the arsenal, and I always like to have a pack of Vivid Vanilla or a sampler pack of refills on hand for emergencies.

Blu-Cigs certainly worked for me, and I will never forget them as the tool that finally helped me quit analog ciggies......

Last edited:

toddbrennan

May 22, 2013
NY
Thanks guys for all the great responses. I know it's inevitable that I will want something cool and much better in time. I emailed Vape NY and Spike wants me to try an ego mini kit an egoJ. its $30 with an $8 bottle of juice free. I did however invest in some Johnson Creek juice and a syringe tube thingy that cleans and re-fills old cartos. Time will tell

Mrtrucker40108

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Brandenburg, KY, USA
First welcome! Congratulations!

Nothing wrong at all with Blu. Rather comforting to know that regardless of where I am I always have a pack of prefill on a store shelf as a $15 back up.

As to being anti-Blu due to being purchased by Lorrilard, I don't get it. Lorrilard is actively pursuing the ecig market.. They've made ecigs widely available at far less than mall kiosks pricing. And they are at least attempting to normalize ecigs. Also (unless something has recently changed) Jason Healy (former president, current consultant) has offered up time and again that although he doesn't actively defend bottled eliquid he doesn't campaign against it either. Blu may not be our BFF but that doesn't make them our enemy.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
On a side note I felt bad because I referred her to the guy selling Volcano's at the mall which most of us wouldn't do but her husband is an Allstate claims adjuster for disaster relief so they're never home and ordering something by mail would have sucked. She probably paid 3x's what she should have but she emailed me saying she finally quit.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Volcano at the Woodfield mall? If so, you're right. Totally overpriced. But at least you helped her!

And, OP, to piggyback on what most everyone else has said, if something works for you, keep it up!

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
First welcome! Congratulations!

Nothing wrong at all with Blu. Rather comforting to know that regardless of where I am I always have a pack of prefill on a store shelf as a $15 back up.

As to being anti-Blu due to being purchased by Lorrilard, I don't get it. Lorrilard is actively pursuing the ecig market.. They've made ecigs widely available at far less than mall kiosks pricing. And they are at least attempting to normalize ecigs. Also (unless something has recently changed) Jason Healy (former president, current consultant) has offered up time and again that although he doesn't actively defend bottled eliquid he doesn't campaign against it either. Blu may not be our BFF but that doesn't make them our enemy.

Naive...read what Blu is saying in their own memo..."90% of e-cigarette brands are exact replicas of each other – made in China, and rebranded by different importers. The liquid inhalant is made in mass quantities with no regulations or consistency from batch to batch. These companies are not concerned with consumer safety; they see only the money-making potential in this time of import freedom and little to no restrictions on the category. Thankfully, these 90% will disappear in the coming months"

How do they know this? Could it be they've lobbied, i.e., bribed FDA officials?

What Retailers NEED to know about electronic cigarettes | Blucigs.com

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
Congrats on quitting. I started with Blu and it just didn't cut it for me. It took me 4 fully charged batteries to make it through 1 carto. And I was vaping one to one and a half cartos a day.

I recently sent my Blu starter kit off to another member that wanted it for his mother. Yes, I paid $60 for it, but it was collecting dust and $60 is a small price to pay for possibly extending someone else's life.

I will give it to Blu for starting me on my journey to quitting. But with as much as I vape, Blu just wasn't enough. If Blu works for you, stick with it until it no longer does. But if you find yourself wanting an analog again, it may be time to upgrade.

Keithhesh

Moved On
May 21, 2013
Whatever keeps you off analogs and is working is great no matter what anyone says. I, like most people it seems, started with a blu and personally just couldn't hack it. It did however open the door to the possibility that I did not have to smoke and I didn't have to give it up thru means of a patch or a pill or a gum that made me feel sick and didn't replace the enjoyment I got out of smoking.

If it gets you by, by all means keep it up!!!

And congrats.

For me, after I Blu myself, I went right back to analogs for a year until I found an ego, and now an Itaste MVP and a protank and a wishlist of other "toys" I want now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread