The good news, or the bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good news:

Another very fast shipment - 4 days from China to Auckland, New Zealand

Bonus! I ordered a backup switch unit for my Indulgence, and received a standard size battery cup as well, which I wasn't expecting - and it's all shiny and beautiful!

The bad news:

Ordered a USB Universal Charger, and received an Indulgence charger . . . but I already have one of those, that's why I ordered the USB Universal - for my DPV9 :)

Ordered two DPV9 auto batteries, and the thread on both is so bad that I can't even screw on a DPV9 cart - it gets about half a turn and won't go any further. Tried some machine oil on the threads - still so tight that I WILL thread it if I try to go any further. I tried with about 4-5 carts from my stock, both new and a bit older - none of them fit correctly. I have checked that I am indeed using the right carts, and the right batteries, but the thread isn't right.

So, I'm happy to receive my shipment in great time, but there's a couple of things there which I'm not so thrilled about.

Anyone know why this would be? Di? Anyone else had similar experience with DPV9 battery thread?

I LOVE Eastmall, so this disappointment is . . . well . . . disappointing really :(

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
The good news:

Another very fast shipment - 4 days from China to Auckland, New Zealand

Bonus! I ordered a backup switch unit for my Indulgence, and received a standard size battery cup as well, which I wasn't expecting - and it's all shiny and beautiful!

The bad news:

Ordered a USB Universal Charger, and received an Indulgence charger . . . but I already have one of those, that's why I ordered the USB Universal - for my DPV9 :)

Ordered two DPV9 auto batteries, and the thread on both is so bad that I can't even screw on a DPV9 cart - it gets about half a turn and won't go any further. Tried some machine oil on the threads - still so tight that I WILL thread it if I try to go any further. I tried with about 4-5 carts from my stock, both new and a bit older - none of them fit correctly. I have checked that I am indeed using the right carts, and the right batteries, but the thread isn't right.

So, I'm happy to receive my shipment in great time, but there's a couple of things there which I'm not so thrilled about.

Anyone know why this would be? Di? Anyone else had similar experience with DPV9 battery thread?

I LOVE Eastmall, so this disappointment is . . . well . . . disappointing really :(

I am sorry to hear that

I am waiting for my new ones to come and will look at this when they get here later this week I hope-

Rudforce

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
IE, CA, US, Earth

I had this problem with the only DPV9 batt I've got from EM. None of the new cartos that I ordered with it (15) fit the battery, but all my old ones (from various other vendors) did.

I ended up sanding the OD of the batt threads down a bit, very carefully, taking care not to let sanding gunk get into the vent hole (cause it's an auto batt). Sand a bit, try a carto, sand a bit more... I finally got it to where a few of the new cartos fit. After a week or so of running those, and my old ones, on and off (due to normal usage) the rest of them finally fit as well.

Hey Rudforce, thanks for the suggestion - I might try that with one of these batts and see how I get on - Di, I'd still like to hear how you go with the new batts.

If there is one suggestion I can make to Eastmall, it's this: please sort out the threads on ALL of your products! I've had problems now with both my Indulgence, and now my DPV9. I know it must be a bit of a nightmare with so many configurations, but the DPV9, if I buy batteries and carts from one supplier, for the same product, they should fit, right?

:)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hey Rudforce, thanks for the suggestion - I might try that with one of these batts and see how I get on - Di, I'd still like to hear how you go with the new batts.

If there is one suggestion I can make to Eastmall, it's this: please sort out the threads on ALL of your products! I've had problems now with both my Indulgence, and now my DPV9. I know it must be a bit of a nightmare with so many configurations, but the DPV9, if I buy batteries and carts from one supplier, for the same product, they should fit, right?

:)

yes, I agree - I will talk to David --

and I have only RiVa and Indulgence for testing out the cartoz-

have not any regular ecig batts.

when my new ver2 Indulgence arrives I will try all attys and all threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread