The growth of e-cigs where I work

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
There's about 250 employees in our office... since the first e-cig appeared in late December, 14 of us (that I know about) have bought one. If 25% of the adult population smokes, statistically, we have about 60 smokers. 14 of 60 is a bit over 20%... in two and a half months. The number may be higher... it's not unusual anymore for vapers to outnumber smokers during breaks.

Granted, that's far from scientific, and not all the users are committed to quitting cigarettes completely, but that's still a pretty interesting number. Particularly interesting is that I've never seen an e-cig in the wild anywhere but at work.

Also worth noting is that we're a high-tech company, so all of us know to do our internet homework before buying anything. For many of the 14, it wasn't so much that we were eager for an e-cig. Rather, "$40 for a decent starter kit? I'd be silly not to at least give it a try."

It'll be interesting to see what March of 2012 will be like. Will it just be a fad, or will the numbers continue to grow?

JohnnyMac

Dec 26, 2010
Phelan, CA
I find it extremely interesting. In the same way that I started smoking, talking most of my fiends into trying a cig (regrettably), I have tried to convince every smoker that I know to make the switch. It has just been fun, amazingly enough, to quit smoking because of the new experience.
So far I have only convinced my girlfriend and one guy at work to try it out. My girl likes it about half as much as I do, still quite a bit, and the guy at work has only had his for a week so only time will tell.

One day soon analogs will be illegal and e cigs will be the new thing to smoke!
...If only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread