The habitat of the common coil jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
My coil jig has disappeared. As a domesticated coil jig, it has happily (I presume) inhabited my coiling case for the past year. I have treated it at all times with kindness and consideration. Out of respect for its desire to live a purposeful life, I have coiled many coils upon it.

It has recently departed my coil case. I believe it succumbed to the call of freedom, but I fear for its ability to survive in the wild after a lifetime of domesticity. In my anxiety to locate it and return it to the fold, it occurred to me that ECF might be just the place to learn about the habits of the common coil jig. Where else could I find such expertise?

I beg of you, please tell me what you know of the natural coil jig habitat. What hiding places might be sought by a frightened, lonely and inexperienced jig? Have you ever recovered a lost jig, and, if so, what activities did it engage in during its absence?

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I must say my coil jig has always been ecstatic with domesticity and has never desired to leave so there is little help I can offer outside of the consideration that there might be another in your domicile who lusted after said coil jig (understanding how wonderous it truly is) and wanted to possess it all for themselves.

I do happen to know factually that's what happened to my husband's hex key set that he was never able to find again ( :rolleyes: ) and I'm sure there could be an occasion for the same type of situation for your lovely coil jig....

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I found that different small screwdrivers have certain preferred diameters, so I just use those.

PSA: a Stihl brand standard sevice screwdriver shaft is exactly 3mm. If you grind the intended operating end off, leaving only the shaft and highly-visible orange handle, viola! 3mm coil jig!
I have several of the Stihl brand standard service screwdrivers, so if my often neglect, freerange, repurposed screwdriver goes astray, I have a Dremel and another highly visible replacement.

Now, don't get me started on 2.5mm...B)

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I found that different small screwdrivers have certain preferred diameters, so I just use those.

PSA: a Stihl brand standard sevice screwdriver shaft is exactly 3mm. If you grind the intended operating end off, leaving only the shaft and highly-visible orange handle, viola! 3mm coil jig!
I have several of the Stihl brand standard service screwdrivers, so if my often neglect, freerange, repurposed screwdriver goes astray, I have a Dremel and another highly visible replacement.

Now, don't get me started on 2.5mm...B)

Don't let the warden catch you with that shiv.

I make them out of pieces of rod or nails. Sometimes I even make them so they fit in my coil jig.

Reactions: Budgie

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
I believe I have spotted and spoken to your jig, when I came into work this morning, I found a jig at my desk playing Spider Solitaire, before leaving, it did say it was on holiday, and would be returning home soon. The strange thing about this though, is not how it came to be at my desk, but how it knew the password to my computer, Strange that.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
It's about 5 years old now...and just sits around.
Thank you DZ!
7UFJ636.jpg

Good luck with your search.

I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Your coil jig is off having an affair with the missing pieces of my first doggy style.

They send me texts... with PICTURES. I have asked them to cease and desist, but they won't. They have also turned off "location" notifications the sneaky little devils.

As with my first doggy, you will have to decide if it's worth retrieving or not. Some of those pics, SALACIOUS.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread