The iHybrid is the new Standard, and Here's Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
So, my long-awaited breakdown of the iHybrid APV is finally up! Here's the link.

I absolutely love this thing- and honestly, I can't find much to fault the device for.

Thoughts? let me know what you think! SAM_0278.jpg

Tartan

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
Richmond, VA
Good read, makes me wish i had some disposable cash laying around. I've been wondering for a while now though, what is the benefit of fused quartz vs Pyrex?

Pyrex sounds like cookware

Fused Quartz sounds expensive

Lol

Almost the same stuff Pyrex is slightly harder and transfers less heat.

But if your vaping at 16,000 (yes thousand) volts you'd definitely want to go with fused silica (quartz) because it can withstand 1100 degrees C where as Pyrex can only really do 600C

To put it bluntly, my personal view...marketing to make it sound special

Same shyte different name.

Theken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
I would agree fully, not only can I not find any flaws with my iHybrid it has become my daily PV. The reason I agree with you goes beyond the excellent quality, service and availability is what is most impressive. You see all kinds of awesome PVs that are nearly always SOLD OUT. iHybridmods tells you when they will be available and there are enough made for people to actually buy them which keeps people from ripping others off on the classifieds. I have found a place to sink the thousands of dollars I spend on vaping, if only they sold Boba's Bounty, it would be a 1-stop-shop.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
looks childish

I guess you can't please everyone. But, they do have the standard non-anodized aluminium version too...

...Anyway, everything else out there pretty much comes in your choice of colors ranging from black to light-grey, chrome, etc...which gets absolutely boring after awhile. As I said, in the review, the iHy is not your dime-a-dozen, safe-and-boring BMW- it's a full on Zonda R, pushing limits and ready to take your head off at a moment's notice... and that won't be a good fit for everyone, per-se.

I would agree fully, not only can I not find any flaws with my iHybrid it has become my daily PV. The reason I agree with you goes beyond the excellent quality, service and availability is what is most impressive. You see all kinds of awesome PVs that are nearly always SOLD OUT. iHybridmods tells you when they will be available and there are enough made for people to actually buy them which keeps people from ripping others off on the classifieds. I have found a place to sink the thousands of dollars I spend on vaping, if only they sold Boba's Bounty, it would be a 1-stop-shop.

Agreed on the Boba's bounty. I also like that Faceless has the LE's for those willing to play the F5 game, as well as the Standards for real people who actually have a life- and he produces enough of those standards to go around, even though the design is constantly being revised slightly and improved on ;). As for how I ended up with the LE's, I just happened to get very lucky- twice. There were only 23 of the Illuminati's made, and let me be the first to say that it has definitely appreciated in value, somewhere around 3-4 times what I paid for it already.

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
Pyrex sounds like cookware

Fused Quartz sounds expensive

Lol

Almost the same stuff Pyrex is slightly harder and transfers less heat.

But if your vaping at 16,000 (yes thousand) volts you'd definitely want to go with fused silica (quartz) because it can withstand 1100 degrees C where as Pyrex can only really do 600C

To put it bluntly, my personal view...marketing to make it sound special

Same shyte different name.

fused quartz is much stabler with constant heating up and cooling down

Tartan

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2012
Richmond, VA
fused quartz is much stabler with constant heating up and cooling down

Oh yeah....I wasnt stabbing at you I promise....personally I don't think quartz or Pyrex would make any difference to me :)

Since I'm not dealing with ultra high temps

Not a bad word said about your product....

I'm pining after your 122112 but alas my wife would have my nuts in a sling.....the green is gorgeous and the 122112 has a lot of significance to me...( the day I became a perminant resident in the USA 12-21-09)

acolyte357

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2009
Louisville, KY USA
Why would you think an all mechanical, non-regulated voltage tube mod is a break through? (I'm not trying to be a ...., just want to know if I'm missing something here)
It's really well made and looks great, but you can get a plastic bolt and an aga and get the same features with less style and cash.
Looks like a prettier Zen.

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Why would you think an all mechanical, non-regulated voltage tube mod is a break through? (I'm not trying to be a ...., just want to know if I'm missing something here)
It's really well made and looks great, but you can get a plastic bolt and an aga and get the same features with less style and cash.
Looks like a prettier Zen.

...Not sure where to start here. Yes, there are many advantages to vaping unregulated PV's, especially with genesis atties which I'm not going to explain here (research it yourself)...and no, your plastic bolt and AGA won't vape exactly like an iHybrid.

The iHybrid is NOT a Zen, the Zen mods don't hold a candle to the iHy (imho)...

If you like regulated mods, great... Everyone vapes differently, but at the end of the day, we all accomplish the same thing, right? :)

edit: I think the iHy has some very clever engineering. Mechanical vaping is a philosophy- and every subtle feature of a mechanical mod plays a role in how good the vape is. It's not everyday that a "new" mechanical design comes out and actually IS better than others- so it's a pretty amazing accomplishment.

Last edited:

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
Oh yeah....I wasnt stabbing at you I promise....personally I don't think quartz or Pyrex would make any difference to me :)

Since I'm not dealing with ultra high temps

Not a bad word said about your product....

I'm pining after your 122112 but alas my wife would have my nuts in a sling.....the green is gorgeous and the 122112 has a lot of significance to me...( the day I became a perminant resident in the USA 12-21-09)

i'm not the creator. that's faceless. i just know a bit about the product.

acolyte357

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2009
Louisville, KY USA
If you like regulated mods, great... Everyone vapes differently, but at the end of the day, we all accomplish the same thing, right?
Agreed
The iHybrid is NOT a Zen, the Zen mods don't hold a candle to the iHy
Mechanical vaping is a philosophy- and every subtle feature of a mechanical mod plays a role in how good the vape is.
Why? / How? It it power to coil...
Durability is the only advantage I see to a mech device.

BoyNamedStacy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Spokane
It's definitely a power to the coil thing with the ihybrid. Also, I think the interior shape of the top cap has something to do with the vapor production. I've had many a zen and many iHy's and i can truthfully say the ihybrid smokes the competition. I find sometimes I need to wrap an extra coil or even use a partially discharged battery because of the amount of power to the coil. It'll make you choke your face off if you let it lol.

If you are interested in trying the ihybrid and are still on the fence, i would reccomend keeping an eye on the classies. The older versions sometimes pop up at a lower price and the only real difference is the switch. If you feel you need the latest switch, well you can buy a new one for $20 from the website. After spending a couple days with the ihybrid it will all make sense and you will most likely want to grab an LE or two :)

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Also, I think the interior shape of the top cap has something to do with the vapor production. I've had many a zen and many iHy's and i can truthfully say the ihybrid smokes the competition.

Interesting statement. What is different with the ihybid's interior shape? Edited: Pull this pic from Todd's vid review.

Ihybrid top cap.JPG

Last edited:

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
The shape and location of the positive screw plays a role, as does the depth of the drip-tip hole and the overall shape and height of the cap itself. But, I think it is a combination of a bunch of those types of subtle features, from airflow to conductivity and even the innovative switch design, that make it such a powerful PV. For details concerning WHY the iHy is so much better than the Zen, check my review where I explain my thoughts on the two in detail ;). I believe it has most to do with the conductivity of the iHy, and the lack thereof of the Zen.

Checked Todds review, looks like I'm not the only one blown away by this thing. :)

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
Why? / How? It it power to coil...
Durability is the only advantage I see to a mech device.

Yes, it involves the conductivity of each device, the feel and quality of the switch, choice of materials, etc.

I really don't want to get into ALL of the reasons why mechanical devices and genesis atomizers go together so well, not in this thread, anyway. You're more than welcome to start a new thread or PM me if you really want my thoughts on the topic, and I'm sure that other people will answer your questions as well :)

What I will say, basically, is that I can set up, repair, or otherwise mess with or build genesis coils twice as fast on a mechanical device, and there's nothing limiting, kicking, bucking, or otherwise interfering with my perfect vape, ever. No error codes, no blown circuitboards, no flashing screens of death... and the vape itself is consistently powerful- basically, as powerful as you can stand, although you can wrap a more benign coil for a less-extreme vape.

Mechanical hybrids take more practice building in the beginning than VV/VW genesis combos, but are much less touchy and easier to use for experienced vapers (or at least after your first few dozen builds).

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
How about conductivity? Stainless steel versus anodized aluminum.

Non-anodized aluminium, you mean ;)

The connections are all non-anodized aluminium on the iHybrid.

Aluminum Vs. Steel Conductivity | eHow.com

"Conductivity in aluminum
Pure aluminum has a thermal conductivity of about 235 watts per kelvin per meter, and an electrical conductivity (at room temperature) of about 38 million siemens per meter. Aluminum alloys can have much lower conductivities, but rarely as low as iron or steel.

Conductivity in carbon steel
Carbon steel has a much lower conductivity than aluminum: a thermal conductivity of about 45 watts per kelvin per meter, and an electrical conductivity (at room temperature) of about 6 million siemens per meter.

Conductivity in stainless steel
Stainless steel has a much lower conductivity than carbon steel: a thermal conductivity of about 15 watts per kelvin per meter, and an electrical conductivity (at room temperature) of about 1.4 million siemens per meter.

Read more: Aluminum Vs. Steel Conductivity | eHow.com Aluminum Vs. Steel Conductivity | eHow.com "

The switch and positive connections are two other areas where the iHy and Zen differ, especially the Zen Mini and anodized mini's. They (mini's and anodized mini's) have some sort of amp-limiting feature that is meant to discourage the use of low-ohm coils with 18350 batts. Please see my website for more info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread