The Innokin iTaste VV V3 owners group

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I am down to my last V3, from the original provision of six - which I bought when they hit the market. This V3 become yellow after vaping 1 ml of e-liquid from the Aspire K1 topper, so it either goes to the vape haven, or it has a battery transplant.
Wonder if Innokin can be convinced to make a new production run; I would buy another half dozen immediately.
It sad to say goodbye to the device which has been the preferred companion in the halcyon days of my vaping, when the happiness of having been able to overcome the smoke habit made me feel like walking on the water.
I tried one V3 -in sealed packaging- which a seller had available, but it was new old stock from 2012, and the battery lasted few draws. So my option now, to get the V3 used daily again for my MTL vaping, is to source some V3s and replace the battery (easy source is any 650 Mah eGo battery). Definetively a long shot, but I like the style of the device, and the vape it produces just too much.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I am down to my last V3, from the original provision of six - which I bought when they hit the market. This V3 become yellow after vaping 1 ml of e-liquid from the Aspire K1 topper, so it either go to vape haven, or has a battery transplant.

Yeah, sounds like an end of life condition. Sourcing the right replacement might be a problem, and they're really not designed to be taken apart - you'll need to snip off the rivets holding the pieces together, and then, of course, reassembly also becomes an issue.

Toss in the potential cost of the replacement lithium cell, shipping, the hassle of replacing and duct taping the whole thing back together....

Other than going to something else, perhaps with a replaceable battery, try here:

Vapecrawler

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Yeah, I too see reconditioning of a V3 with a new battery to be a challenging exercise. However, try to take pics or a video while you are doing it, because if you are successful people will definitely want to know all about it, step-by-step.

Good luck. I hope you are successful.

In the meantime, there are some very small, non-easily replaceable battery type box mods out there that you might like as a replacement for the V3. Typically they are VW temp control type devices, that maybe can run up to 25-30 (40?) Watts, but they can also be run in straight (variable) wattage mode.

If I did not prefer stuff that uses easily replaceable rechargeable batteries, I would totally be using little min box mods like the type I've mentioned above. They are very hand and pocket friendly compared to the more typical box mods out there. Plus, they often have nice finishes, such as carbon fiber in different colors, etc.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
If you love the 3 this much, why not just get a few from Mt. Baker? I've been doing that for a while and they do seem to last a good long while. it might need a good first charge after sitting around so long, but I have no complaints. Or try a 4...after my initial discomfort with the slow button, it seems just fine.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Getting a VV3 apart isn't difficult. I am not going to solder a battery.

I did think about finding and enclosure and mounting the board with a replaceable battery. Decided it wasn't worth the cost of effort

That would've actually been pretty cool.

Honestly, I'm not sure any of it is truly worth the effort. I think it may simply be time to move on.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
Well, even Mt. Baker has run out of the VV3s, so now I guess I'm a VV4 girl...just ordered my second one. I have way too much going on with health issues to even try and figure out something else to try. The 3s I have left, even one or two I've never even opened yet, must definitely have a lifespan that is evaporating quickly. I used to think it was a faulty charger, but...no.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Well, even Mt. Baker has run out of the VV3s, so now I guess I'm a VV4 girl...just ordered my second one. I have way too much going on with health issues to even try and figure out something else to try. The 3s I have left, even one or two I've never even opened yet, must definitely have a lifespan that is evaporating quickly. I used to think it was a faulty charger, but...no.

I have some 3's that are over 2 years old. I rotate them as I pick up more. A couple of them are almost at the end of the useful life. Once they get to about 75 puffs per charge I retire them.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

As long as the VV4s are still available, you'll be fine. Keep in mind that most any of the newer mods that will go as low and function in VW mode will be as easy to use. Although finding one in the same form factor will be... problematic at best!

Yes, ALL lithium cells, fixed internal or replaceable, will have a service life. Add that tidbit into the potential effects of the Deeming (although they did give the industry a temporary reprieve...), and something with a replaceable battery makes a lot of sense. When it eventually no longer keeps a good charge, just get a new battery for the (probably) still fine mod.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Well, even Mt. Baker has run out of the VV3s, so now I guess I'm a VV4 girl...just ordered my second one.
I have way too much going on with health issues to even try and figure out something else to try.
The 3s I have left, even one or two I've never even opened yet, must definitely have a lifespan that is evaporating quickly. I used to think it was a faulty charger, but...no.

this is such a good deal, if you MIGHT have a thought of finding something...:blush:

it is heavy to hold, but has a light button push, built well, and of course the DNA 75 chip inside
install battery, set watts, push button -- no need to do anything fancy (unless you want to)

- AVAIL | Kanger K1 Box Mod

- Joyetech eGo ONE V2 Tank
- Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank
- Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

:thumb:
just seen @gerrymi post these, VERRY small unit (& a good price w/ tank)
- Joyetech eVic Basic 60W TC Starter Kit | Vape Kits
- Joyetech eVic Basic 40W TC Starter Kit | Vape Kits

Last edited:

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
If you like the eVic-VTC Mini...@pufZeppelin found a place that's "giving them away"...:shock:

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-eVic-VTC-Mini-Full-Kit-with-TRON-S-Atomizer.html

I like the iStick Pico 75W a little more, just because it is a bit smaller and lighter, but the eVic VTC Mini is well liked too. Last I recall, and it's been awhile, you could get an iStick Pico 75W for less than $25. The newer resin ones are somewhat more, but they are also even a bit lighter over the original.

Last edited:

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I'm another who's running out of my VV v3 hoard. I still think that the Nature series is a bit more fragile than the 'regular' ones, and most of my hoard was the Nature series, because that's about all I could find. Fasttech still has some 4s left, but I'm trying to find something else. My problems with my hands means that I have to find something with an easy to feel shape (square was great) and that is lightweight.

So far I've been leaning towards the newer Coolfires or isticks - I don't need 75 w and TC, but that's looking like the bottom end these days. I'm also looking at $25.64 *SALE* Authentic Wismec Reuleaux RX75 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 200-600'F(100-315'C) / 1*18650 / aluminum alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping that avoids the standard button problems by having a squeeze firing.

If I can keep the weight (of the device, not me - it wouldn't hurt me to keep my weight down, but that's a whole different topic) down, I'm leaning towards something with a removable battery.

I still mistrust the isticks after getting burned in that problem with the 20 where it basically couldn't step down for us low wattage tootle puffers.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I'm another who's running out of my VV v3 hoard. I still think that the Nature series is a bit more fragile than the 'regular' ones, and most of my hoard was the Nature series, because that's about all I could find. Fasttech still has some 4s left, but I'm trying to find something else. My problems with my hands means that I have to find something with an easy to feel shape (square was great) and that is lightweight.

So far I've been leaning towards the newer Coolfires or isticks - I don't need 75 w and TC, but that's looking like the bottom end these days. I'm also looking at $25.64 *SALE* Authentic Wismec Reuleaux RX75 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 200-600'F(100-315'C) / 1*18650 / aluminum alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping that avoids the standard button problems by having a squeeze firing.

If I can keep the weight (of the device, not me - it wouldn't hurt me to keep my weight down, but that's a whole different topic) down, I'm leaning towards something with a removable battery.

I still mistrust the isticks after getting burned in that problem with the 20 where it basically couldn't step down for us low wattage tootle puffers.
What about the Vaporesso Target Mini?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

- Joyetech eVic Primo Mini Kit - EightVape:)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I'm leaning towards something with a removable battery.

Certainly my recommendation. No longer have to track down a new mod when the battery reaches end of life, just a new 18650 - the the FuDA won't be eliminating those - and States are unlikely to tax them out of reach, either.

Good suggestion, Puf. The Evic Primo Mini is also a nice little mod, the big fire button makes it an easy target for squeeze to vape, nice and light. Single 18650.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

amoret, hi. :)

If you are interested in the Rolo (as posted above in your link), you can find it for $15.99.

Wismec RX75 Box Mod $15.99 - Best Vape Deals - Cheap Vape Mods, Tanks & eJuice | Vaping Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread