The Innokin MVP/VTR leather carrying pouch....Nice idea....but......

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I supposed it had to happen.

My string of good luck with Innokin products had to come to an end.

I received vape mail today in the form of the MVP/VTR leather carrying pouch.

I was really excited about this product because I was hoping that I would have a nice little holster that could carry my vaping gear and MVP around easily without needing to cart around the ego case I currently use to ferry extra carto's, charging cable and wicking material.

The unit is attractively priced at $16.99 so I was not going to be terribly upset if it didn't work out. Well, I'm sad to say.... it didn't work out....

The unit comes in a nice attractive Innokin box.

The front of the pouch has two straps that secure the MVP or VTR in place with a leather strap and snap to hold the device firm. Unfortunately it's this two piece design that dooms the entire unit.

IMAG0433.jpg

While it performs it's function, the two straps make it much too hard to holster the unit. I always catch the corner of my mvp on the bottom strap and it's a real pain to manipulate the MVP to tuck it into the bottom piece. This should have been one piece so that once I slip it into the top, it would just slide down. When it takes more effort to holster the unit than it takes to slip it into your pocket, you know you are in trouble.

The pouch can be unfolded to reveal a "liquid holder" or "carto holder" It is sized to hold a 10ml juice bottle or an innokin 'Ican'. A mini protank fits nicely, but a little loose, and I'm sure some other smaller carto's like the protank 2 would fit ok as well. On the inside is another pouch that you can put in other things such as a charging cord or the like.

IMAG0434.jpg

This is a cool feature. The pouch is secured shut by two snaps. The problem lies in the snaps. They are not strong enough to keep the holster closed and one of them can often unsnap. This seems to always happen when you are trying to fiddle with your mod to get it back into the holster.....curse that bottom strap..... Also, the inner pouch is simply just a slit in the leather, and while the slit does have circular "punches" at the end to prevent tearing, I can just see how tearing could become an issue with this eventually.

The back strap doubles as either a belt snap when snapped to the back of the holster or can be unsnapped folded on itself to be a carrying strap. This seems to work fine.

IMAG0435.jpg

The main failure of this product is with the weakness of the two snaps and the main pouch. The leather might loosen up so that I don't have to struggle to put my device in the pouch. Also instead of two snaps, I would have preferred a zipper arrangement to keep the unit folded in half.

Overall, this is a good idea....but the execution leaves much to be desired.

Of course your experience may prove different from mine.

Last edited:

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Should do a search on etsy. There are some leather artist over there that make some really lovely handmade ones for the MVP

I went there and they have some real nice ones. Unfortunately I was also looking for some storage for an extra tank and pouch like the Innokin one has. I just wish they had changed a couple of things.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread