Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
The Innokin "Sceptre" MTL / DL POD MOD . . .

First - The Disclaimer: I am not a professional writer, nor reviewer of any products/product line. Over the past few years - the only reviews or suggestions I have made were at the spur of the moment and in response to a question that was asked in a thread or based on the discussion at the time which I believed I could provide information or add something to the conversation. What’s more important, anything I said was – or will say, is – “My” Personal Opinion . . .

So even with that said . . . Let's just start at the beginning and "My” immediate first impression after receiving the Innokin Sceptre MTL/DL POD MOD and opening the box up.. . . The first word that came to mind was "Spectacular" - Yes, spectacular and stunning because of the very impressive and attractive design, coloring, compact size, and especially the tactile feel of the Sceptre POD MOD itself.

B8ifiEE.jpg

The Sceptre POD MOD - I got was quite aesthetically pleasing. It was the Black w/Red accents that enhanced the Mod itself on the top front section that looks as though and has a raised snakeskin pattern - while the back of the top section has a smooth glossy finish . . . The bottom section is just as smooth, however it has a "non-slip" rubberised feel to it that carries around the whole bottom half of the Mod . . . As for the size, it fits quite nicely in the palm of my hand and/or shirt pocket when not in use. AND - Not so small that it gets lost either in your hand or pockets, especially given how light the POD MOD is.

jp50001.jpg

Once again, inside the box:- Innokin has included just about everything that you need to start out with besides the Device and Pod with the 1.2 coil already installed . . . There is the usual - very easy to understand and use "Quick Guide"(whether or not you're a beginner or more experienced), Warranty and a comprehensive Safety Booklet, USB Charging Cord, and of course an extra Coil (.05 Mesh Coil).

Now, for the more practical side of the review and hands on use of The Innokin Sceptre POD/MOD;

I tested the Sceptre using Unfllavored NIC w/Koolada added to provide a "Cooling" Menthol effect. Also, I evaluated the SceptrePOD/MOD based on “My” experiences, and using the Innokin Gala to compare it with (another Innokin POD MOD).,

After I made myself somewhat familiar with this MOD - I found that the Pod has a 1.2 coil already installed and was quite easy to fill, especially given it has a side fil and you can actually see how much e-liquid is flowing into the POD - it is a very light smokey tint. Also - It was great to find out that there is only one way to re-install the POD into the camber and that the small LED lights up when contact is made and set-in properly - so No mix-up or mishappes or shorts

5FyM3ZG.jpg

SO - Once the POD was filled and after I let it sit for 10 minutes . . . Finally all set up and ready to go . . . .Only to be very disappointed, although I was using Unflavored NIC w/ Koolada (Cool Menthol tasting), the first few draws and all I could taste was an OLD STALE TOBACCO taste from the vapor it produced. I knew something had gone wrong,. I never had a problem using my ADV E-liquid before in a new tank, could it be something I did. Open the POD took out the coil and poured out the e-liquid and started over. Filled POD with new e-liquid again and this time let it sit for a half hour. Same results. This was becoming disappointing, but Thankfully I had another POD to try again. New POD, New 1.2 Coil, Unflavored NIC w/ Koolada let sit 10 minutes and then took a VAPE . . . WOW ! ! ! What a difference, smooth cooling vapor that I am so use to inhaling. Must have been a bad coil that had leftover manufacturing residue as some coils do at times. Once I got over that hump, it's been clear sailing all the way.

Been using the Sceptre POD MOD for over a week now and couldn't be more pleased (IMO - much better then the Innokin GALA for a number of reasons). I really like the 3ml POD, using the 1.2 coil (not so much the .05 mesh coil), especially when the airflow is set all the way down to MTL. Any other setting is just too much 'air"/"vapor" for me. AND - Even at that setting there is still a lot of Vapor produced that - IMHO - would satisfy any "Cloud Chaser". .As for producing and maintaining "Flavor" from beginning to end (once I got everything set-up properly) - IMHO- the Innokin Sceptre POD is as good as a Prism Tank, Zlide & Zenith using a 1.2/1.6 coil (Really hope they can be cleaned and reused, as I do with Z-Coils0 . In addition, it is very easy to use, whether or not you use the draw function or firing button. Also - the 1400 mah battery lasted “Me” a good week (in rotation with a couple of other MODS).and still had a charge. Even with that said, I just recharge the battery and it only took approximately, 1 hour to be back to a full charge.

Last, but surely is not the least, is “My” overall impression of the Sceptre POD MOD . . .

PROS:

* 3ml POD
* Uses 1.2 or .05 oHm replacable coils
* Easy Light Small MOD

CONS:

* Can not really be used for "Stealth" Vaping - too much vapor.
* Bad 1.2 Coil right out of the box

This is another slam dunk from Innokin be you a beginner or experienced vapor. A must that belongs in everyone "stash" and/or daily rotation . . . . .Here it is next to a Endura T18/T22 w/ Prism Tanks that I use as my go to MODS and the ones I take when going out - Surpisingly All Innokins:

YnuKorx.jpg

If there is one thing I would suggest to Innokin, the Highlight color - this one being Red - it should cover the background spaces of the Black raised "snakeskin" even more . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes;

Once again, IMO – A Really Great Device that I whole heartily recommend to all Vapors, especially “Tootle Puffers” . . .
li71Xn5qDIXAzMOlEjUqg2lvv9fWEHdQ3LQU76ZfgOgM0_5PfMI27GDR8ZO_P_Ge1yLZ7FwIWlO593OxxQloROW-ZT040oxr72eAKNgDLTRKNPlx-qV40CchITqofFE=s0-d-e1-ft

Okay –
(Now – Before anyone makes any comments, Once again, it will sometime take “Me” awhile to write up and edit something even this small; so if “You” find any mistakes in grammar, punctuation, or spelling – get over it, I’m not a professional . . . Just Sayin’ . . . ;)
9xEg5zGJZLpmZErkoDiYjKtwuXXJC5fsidlOKxfIAX-X75RBpj6k_D1aBx9ezH499A0BhnLjsQbI0nOI6aZz--h5BJQjoye0wf9ih0_TPbXzYKmAYQ=s0-d-e1-ft
)

BTW: If You have gotten this far in the review, anyone who get a Sceptre MOD POD and will only use the .05 oHm mesh coils . . . Contact "Me" - I will trade ya' the ones I have for the 1.2 oHm coils - I have 5 of them . . . ;)

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Nice write-up, Uncle. :thumb:

Just wish it wasn't a pod and built-in battery :facepalm:

I hear Ya' . . . ;)

Very nice review @Uncle .... I wish I could get into these Pods.... there are so many I would really like to have but since I can't use them I just get to admire them from afar....

:blink: :confused: o_O

@Uncle great job. I’m not a pod vaper but this is one I might consider based on your review.

:facepalm: :wub:

NOW - In all honesty - I was not a "POD" person myself, reminded me too much of the cartomizer fiasco's of the past and do not really like any AIO devices that are and especially use priority parts . . . AND - Even though I have tried a couple of others AIO / PODS, including the Innokin GALA (liked the design - not the product results I experienced ) . . . Got to put it out there - IMHO - The Innokin Sceptre MTL/DL POD MOD is vastly superior to any other POD /AIO (and even some other MOD/Tanks) I've tried. It is much better and is somewhat a game changer for "Me", given that the POD is very similar to a really good TANK - holds 3ml of e-liquid, and more importantly, you can clean the tank, replace and/or change the coils out too (have to wait a bit to see if the coils are cleanable so they can be reused - like I can with others) . . . If I may boldly suggest - Try ONE Ya' just might "Like" it ("Uncle" Did ;) ) . . . Hey Ya' can even try to Win one in the Innokin Giveaway Contest:

Now - If You do try the Sceptre and do not find it at all satisfying or to your liking - Ya' can PIF it to someone else . . . Or - For that matter - I'll even take it off your hands . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Just wondering how you charge this in 1 hour, for me it takes 2 hours to fully charge?

AH - Usually I never let a battery get to low or die out before I recharge them using a wall wart & the USB Charging cable it came with . . . I did the same with the Sceptre, after using it for 3-4 days straight - it was still working very well - however I decided to give it a charge - which only took approximately 1 hour (I did not time it) just saw the charging light go off . Similar to the Endura T18 when it is finished charging, where as the Endura T22 stays a constant Green light when it is fully charge (even over night) . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Good review Uncle. I'm trying to withstand the peer pressure of buying one of these. I already have so many pod devices.

:facepalm:

Can Fully Understand - "Peer Pressure" is a horrible thing . . . ;)

So - No Pressure Here . . . :D

Well - I hope ya' can finally stand your own ground then and even take a stand above the crowd to decide for yourself whats is going to be happening in your future . . . :thumbs:

AND - Even with that being said . . . Just As An FYI: I would be remiss if I didn't say that -IMHO - Just like you standing out from the crowd - the Innokin Sceptre would surely standout whether or not you had any other pods . . . :2c:

Personally, it is quickly becoming a major go to device for "Me' . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Yes - You can say I'm another pushy satisfied "Customer" . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just recently reviewed the autopod 50, maxpod, wenax, barr, xtra and the xros. Not to mention the pm80, pm80se and possibly a couple others I forgot about. There's some pretty good ones in that list that might give this one a run for it's money. I'm not saying I won't buy the sceptre but will have to give it some more thought.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    @hittman . . .

:ohmy: Ya' know I was just trying to be playful - Right ? :blink:

Absolutely, no pressure here . . . :blink:

I know. I may end up getting one some day. I'm going to wait to hear from a couple friends first as to how they like them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread