Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
You can get rba coils for many pods now. Vaporesso has several units that take the gtx coils and I have rbas for them. They are tiny and a pain to build but work well.

Hey, I used to rebuild Protank coils. :lol: Not because I was cheap but to make them better. It actually worked, but was a major PITA. Also, SubTank's RBA is doable for me. And I have no problems rebuilding CLR coils. So I have some experience with tiny RBAs.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hey @Katya - I don't have a Vinci so unfortunately I can't compare. I know there isn't an RBA for the Sceptre and given the size of the coil I feel doubtful I'd ever be able to rebuild... they are TINY and I can't see well and have bad arthritis in my hands :(

Thank you, Kat. I really like the Sceptre, but I'm just not sure if I want to spend money right now on a new device with replaceable coils. I already stocked up on Zenith coils. But I figure we'll have to rely more on rebuildables in the future. Oh well, maybe I'll win one. :lol: :sneaky: :facepalm:

It's so sad what's going on.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    When I find a pod or tank that I like I’ll buy just a couple packages of coils so I have many different devices I can use. I get bored easily so could see myself switching out devices and getting bored with them before I run out of coils. I’ve had the maxpod for a couple months and am only on the second coil. I have a pack of five and will probably put it away before I use them.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    And - IMHO - if these coils last "Me" as long as the Z-Coils (90+ days - of course YMMV) really can't go wrong with getting a few boxes . . .Hey right now Ya' can get them for approximately just over $1.09 a piece ($5.49 box of 5) . . . Can't wait for a vendor to have a Labor Day sale or any sale for that matter to stock up a few more boxes . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Aw... I'm feeling the love tonight! :wub: I've already won!

And I have a question. How do you guys and gals experienced pod users take care of your pods? Do you wash them before you fill them? I didn't. :blush:

And how do you store a lightly used pod when you want to take a break from using it? With tanks and RTAs, I just wash everything (including a drop-in coil, which I quickly rinse under running water) and let it all air dry. But pods that don't have a replaceable coil? Any tips?

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    I've only use 2 PODS so far . . . The first was a non-replacable coil POD, which after trying for approximately a month I PIF since I really didn't like it at all for a number of reasons - including the few PODS I had gotten. . . . Now as for the Sceptre, I haven't had to either clean out the POD - nor replace the coil that I am using just yet. Now give "'Me" a few weeks (or maybe 90+ days if they are anything like Z-Coils) and I'll let you know . . . BTW: FYI - The first POD/Coil I started with that I mentioned tasted bad, I have washed (using a drop of Dawn & water), rinsed very well, and let air dry before putting it away. Will have to wait a while and I need it, to see what happens and if it is reusable . . .Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011

YEP - That's on average . . . Sometimes more - Sometimes less . . . But Ya' got to remember, as I have posted before - I vape Unflovored NIC 24mg 50/50 with Koolada and occasionally a few Menthol Liquid Drops (1 or 2) . . . The current Z-Coils in both a Zenith/Zlide are still working fine (of course being refilled every couple of days) after 2 months daily use already . . . And - Now I'm woring on the Sceptre 1.2 coil for approximately the past 2 weeks of daily use . . . Of course, YMMV - depending what your vaping . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread