Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My first was the black with red snakeskin effect, the second, a black and grey one, is in use as I type and there will be a couple more, so sold on this device am I.

It's gorgeous. How's that black finish on your grey and black one? Is it shiny (like a piano finish) or matte? I couldn't make up my mind so I got two blue ones. :facepalm:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
It's gorgeous. How's that black finish on your grey and black one? Is it shiny (like a piano finish) or matte? I couldn't make up my mind so I got two blue ones. :facepalm:

Here you go - the black is shiny indeed, and the grey body is more like an eggshell finish. The black on the other side of the snakeskin effect is also shiny.

Blue next for me!

355.jpg

dedi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Rochester NY
Well, I just got my package--DHL picked it up in China on Monday, on my porch today (Thursday). Must be some kind of a record. Three days door to door. :lol:

Got my Sceptre, an Innokin hat and a t-shirt. :D

I am always late....received Sceptre (also with t shirt and cap) a couple of weeks ago. Thank you @Innokin! I forgot I won, haven't tried or opened, guess I should from all the good reports!

Jayrell

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Illinois
Ok so yay vape mail came today woohoo! My first impression on the scepter is it is a very nice device. I have 1 complaint so far and that is the MTL is a bit too loose..... I know they are supposed to come out with a more restricted coil or pod or something but does anyone have any suggestions to rig the current pod to be a little more restricted?

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Ok so yay vape mail came today woohoo! My first impression on the scepter is it is a very nice device. I have 1 complaint so far and that is the MTL is a bit too loose..... I know they are supposed to come out with a more restricted coil or pod or something but does anyone have any suggestions to rig the current pod to be a little more restricted?

I sometimes place my finger or thumb over the side where the pod is exposed and it tightens the draw.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I sometimes place my finger or thumb over the side where the pod is exposed and it tightens the draw.

Interesting. You mean one finger on the fire button and another on the "cheese grater" part of the pod? That's kind of awkward. Or am I doing it wrong? :)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Interesting. You mean one finger on the fire button and another on the "cheese grater" part of the pod? That's kind of awkward. Or am I doing it wrong? :)
    The Sceptre has "auto fire" - so you don't necessarily have to hit the fire button to make it work ... try just sucking on it and see if you like it.

I discovered this by accident and when I read the instructions, finally, had it confirmed.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

Yes. However I don’t usually use the fire button. Just auto draw like the previous post above says.

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    The Sceptre has "auto fire"
    Yes. However I don’t usually use the fire button. Just auto draw like the previous post above says.

My problem is I don't get enough oomph on auto fire--I need the fire button to get enough power and vapor production for my liking.

dedi

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Rochester NY
    You should. Let us know what you think. I'm really enjoying mine, and @Uncle --no leaks!!!!

OK! Finally got around to trying! LOVE it straight out the box....well I did charge it! Heavier and a little larger than I thought...but I have been using a Minifit a lot! I like everything about the vape with the 1.2! The button is a little awkward on the side but really don't need it anyway. The light is cool to see level of liquid in tank. I will read directions soon and explore features but right now I am loving it! So happy to have won it!

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Have you tried it with the boost turned on?

I'm on the boost setting (10 W) with the fire button. I wish it had three power settings, frankly; 11W would be nice to have for the auto draw, I think.

But this is my general gripe with all pods or mods (like the Adept) with limited power settings. I like to adjust my wattage to my liking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread