Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
2019-01-14.png

Good evening Vapers,
Tonight I am reviewing the latest Pico from eleaf, the Pico X.
This product was sent directly from eleaf for the purpose of this review, I review it as the product is. Your results may vary.

Let't look at the dimentions,

50mm x 31 x 112mm
Weight 112 grams
Mello 4 tank holds 2ml
Device holds a single 18650 battery
75 watt max output
0.5 to 9 volt ouput
Wattage and Bypass modes resistance limits are 0.1 to 3.0
TC and TCR modes the resistance limits are 0.5 to 1.0
The colors to choose from are Red, Green, Silver, Blue, and Black

The new Pico X is a 75 watt device that comes with the same user interface and menu layout that has been used on the Pico 21700 and previous models with the exception of the Coil Protection Function. This Function is supposed to automatically recommend the wattage for each coil that is screwed onto the device. After several attempts I didn't have any luck with this function, I would just receive the normal "new coil right, same coil left" screen, I didn't experience any auto adjustments.
picox4.jpg

picox2.jpg

As with the Pico 21700, the Up/Down buttons are located on the bottom of the device and are made of the same rubberized material as the body of the device. The device has a ergonomic feel to it where the body is creased in the middle fanning inward at the sides, a very durable feel to it. The first thing to really catch my eye was the 510 plate was screwed down. Since the Pico X is a single 18650 device the largest tank or RDA/RTA that will fit is going to be 22mm, so for those Digiflavor Drop Solo fans out there, don't worry, it will si nicely on this device.

The Pico X does come with the Mello 4 tank which is advertised as having a Safety Button on the side of the tank that you need to push before you can slide open the Topfil portion, the Mello 4 tank I received did not come with this feature just the Arrow icon showing where to push the top of the tank open. The 22mm Mello 4 tank comes with the new EC-M 0.15 mesh coil. This little coil really put out the flavor with a little vapor pushing it between 35 and 45 watts. at 45 watts I did experience some dry hits but backing the wattage down to 35 I didn't. I did notice that the coil really likes to consume liquid at a pretty quick rate. The coil itself seems to last pretty long as I was able to get 300 puffs from it using a 50/50 liquid.
picox3.jpg

The Mello 4 tank, after opening the the sliding Topfil, the chimney for the tank is very close to the fill port. When filling the tank it was difficult to get the liquid in since it wanted to push back up off of the chimney, using a syringe resolved this issue.

The performance of the Pico X was on par with all the Pico predecessors. Using the same chipset that comes with VW, Bypass, TC-SS, NI, TI, and 3 Memory settings. The menu system is the same with the Stealth, Screen layout, Battery, Preheat, Screen Timeout, and Hardware/ Firmware modes.
The Pico X does come with their Overcharge, Over Discharge, Over Current, Reverse Polarity, Puff, and Short Circuit protections.
The Pico X does have a mini USB post for Firmware updating as well as charging the device, but as recommended I would use an external charger and just carry a spare 18650 with you.

The Pico X is a tough little device that I wound not worry about dropping since it has a new rubberized body and with the 3 screws holding down the 510 plate I don't see that popping out as with other manufacturers.
The Pico X is a good little device that to would use if going hiking or somewhere where the likes of do to its durability. If you are a Pico fan then this will fit in nicely with all the others, not bulky or heavy, and easily pocketable.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review
As always, Vape Safe before you Vape Happy,
Tonee N

Last edited:
Reactions: tailland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread