The Janty Dura-C has just arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robson

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
uk
I put a order in yesterday and it arrived this morning very fast.
I had few questions and emailed them got fast response to my emails so happy with customer service .
The packaging was also top notch with warnings on the bottles plus letter with all the warnings and that another.
I was only after the c battery's but decided to buy there the starter kit with two c battery's , two atomiser's and automatic battery for that price is a good deal considering i payed double for that when i ordered from the janty shop over sea's
Now for my verdict on this c-battery is wow loads of vapour and a nice throat hit, it put those automatic battery's to shame.
The only problem is these do not fit the ppc, did try to get it in but catches the button, so i pushed the button in and got it on the charger connector but no light came on. Don't know if this is because the battery button stays in once its in there, may have somthing to do with it.
Any ways thumbs up guys very happy customer and glad to finaly see a uk shop. (no more high shipping cost):thumbs:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Alright just to let you know that my pcc battery was flat earlier, have given it full charged now tried the c-battery in it and it is charging ok.
Just make sure you keep the button pushed in when placing it in the pcc it is a tight fit though.

Are you pretty certain that keeping the manual switch pushed in for that long is not doing some damage to the switch or the batt?

Lu

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Alright just to let you know that my pcc battery was flat earlier, have given it full charged now tried the c-battery in it and it is charging ok.
Just make sure you keep the button pushed in when placing it in the pcc it is a tight fit though.

FYI robson,

U Can Do The PCC with Manual Battery and It Will Charge. It Does Not Matter If The Switch Is Pushed In Voltage Wise, Cuz There Is No Load Or Other Circuitry That Can Be Effected (on KB Manual Switch). I Don't Reccomend it.

The Only Damage Would Be The Spring and or The Switch Cover Breaking.

OK, How Do I Know?

I have a KB, The Manual "Switch Button" Broke, its a very small thin piece of plastic that pushes the Micro Switch.

I Cut it Open With a Dremel so I can put it back together (which I did), I also had to pull switch out because a solder point was also broken. So basically I took the whole thing apart, made a replacement "switch button / cover" and repressed it all together. It works 100%!

The Switch Button is the Weak Link Here, So Any Extra or Excessive Pressure after time will break it.

I would wait For the Dura-C Manual Battery PCC or Take Apart The Old Style & Mod it.

Keep Vapin!

Last edited:

Toby

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2008
York UK
www.ivapour.co.uk
UPDATE - It has been said that PCC "Not compatible with the Dura-C batteries", however, we have recently got this advice from Janty - "They do fit, you just need to push the switch and then shove them inside, no problem, the batts will charge, there is no risk, just do it carefully."
01/05/09

Last edited:

robson

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
uk
To clarify - we have been advised by Janty that the Dura-C is not compatible with the PCC.
So any usage with a PCC will invalidate the warranty.

Sorry folks!

OK did not know that and wat some one else mention it could damage the switch with excessive pressure then i rather wait for the new pcc.
Back to work with the automatics then :(

nealglover

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
UK - York
Those that have bought the Dura C's from Toby/ivapour what sort of life are you getting from the carts ?

I have the Titan from TECC and the carts seem to run dry really quickly (or at least the switch won't go for more than 2 secs) considering how much juice goes into the carts it just doesn't seem right really.

Considering changing ??

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Those that have bought the Dura C's from Toby/ivapour what sort of life are you getting from the carts ?

I have the Titan from TECC and the carts seem to run dry really quickly (or at least the switch won't go for more than 2 secs) considering how much juice goes into the carts it just doesn't seem right really.

Considering changing ??

Neal, please read more about it. Don't make a decision based solely on frog's comments. He's one person claiming it's such a "mean machine". At least look at more reviews before you decide.

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread