Not open for further replies.

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia
First 2 hours with the K.loud

Build Quality
Since I own the Rider and the Nitro (both made by boost) I knew there was going to be no problems with the quality of the K.loud. Min Woo Lee seems to be able to intricately craft fine details, curves and grooves into his gear without any imperfections. Each piece of the K.loud was clean and free from any scratches or machine marks. The thread holes for the screws and 510 connection are perfect, no wobbling or difficulty of screwing at all, and they are all free from burrs. The Ultem tank has a fine texture to it, initially before i received the K.loud i was worried this would be the 'cheapening factor' of this device, but seeing it for myself now i was wrong. To me it feels and sounds like (when tapped) fine glass. I like the look of the drip tip and the feel of it (soft to touch), however i have become used to metal or wood drip tips, so i have swapped it over for the drip tip i got with the Rider. Overall it looks and feels like a solid well crafted rta

Setting it up

Being technically meant for a single coil and cotton or silica build, I initially thought it would be fairly straight forward to setup, and it was to a certain extent. Once removing the tank their is a lot of space to work in, and it is fairly simple to position and fit a coil, especially since the positive nut and the negative screw are easy to tighten and release. They also hold the wire really well. The only difficult part was knowing exactly where to position the coil to get direct air from the air holes in the tank. Initially i had the coil too low and had to adjust by placing the tank on to see where the holes would line up and adjust the coil accordingly. By the second build I had a good idea based on where the negative screw is as to where the coil should be. Depending on the coil setup you have (veritcal, horizontal or diagonal), placing the cotton in is fairly straight forward, a little trickier for a vertical coil, but pointed (ceramic) tweezers made this easier. I am on my third build now and i seem to have been fortunate with the amount of cotton i have used as i have had no leaking or flooding at all, in fact all three setups i have made so far have worked and worked well. Filling up the tank is obviously straight forward, taking off the top cap and filling up with any plastic bottle, without having to unscrew anything is a plus.

how does it vape?
As the K.loud is a completely different device compared to what i am used to e.g. Rose V2, Heron and Nitro, I was kind of worried as to whether i would like the vape. While i was setting up the K.loud i was vaping on a Rose V2 so i guess that is what i was going to have to compare it to initially. The vape is warm, full and creamy - just how i like it, and just how i have experienced with the Rose, however the taste was a lot more flavorful, and i think this is where the K.loud shines. So far i have had no dry hits or flooding, just a continuous enjoyable vape. However, I really wish the air channels in the tank were a little larger. The top cap has 2x2mm air holes, but the tank has only 2x1mm, which when both are enabled, still do not provide me with the draw i am used to and have preference to. I am slowly getting used to it though, but overall i really wish the tank had bigger holes (hopefully Min Woo will provide a different tank setups in the future). Overall i think anyone who got the K.loud would be enjoying the vape it provides, and will be noticing a different/fuller taste to the juice they have been used to.

First Build

First build was a horizontal but slightly twisted 28 gauge with 7 wraps (diameter was around 2mm) - 1ohm build. I wrapped the cotton around just like i have seen some others do. As stated earlier this was a warm, full and creamy draw, however the coil did not properly align with the air holes as much as i wanted it to, and this is also where i experienced the limited air flow. I was happy with this build overall, but obviously i had to try some more.

Second Build

Second build was a slight vertical build (on an angle) using 28 gauge again and 6 wraps with 2mm diameter coil. Below the coil i just split the cotton to each side and just snipped the top with about 4-5 mm of length on top. The coil has good access to each air hole on the tank. This build, I feel, assisted the cotton being out of the way of the air holes in the tank, and overall has been my favourite out of the 3 builds i have done. I also changed the drip to to the one that came with the Rider on this build. I feel somehow it made the draw more enjoyable, but it could also be because i am used to this drip tip.

Overall thoughts

I love this thing. Each time Boost have released a new item, i have really enjoyed the build up and the service i have received from Min Woo. He has kept everyone on his FB page updated with pictures, tutorials and information. Items have always shipped on time and continued after purchase assistance has always been there. The K.loud provides me with a unique vape and a vape i am enjoying. The size of the K.loud is only 21mm (without drip tip) and holds an impressive 1.1-1.3 mls - put this on the Rider mod and you have great looking, meticulously built, tiny setup. I am going to enjoy tinkering and playing around with this and I certainly recommend it.

markse

Jun 17, 2014
London
The double nut posi post connection ala the Veritas is a PITA. The vapor direction makes it interesting though.

If you get a nut spinner it's really not an issue- or you could probably find a knurled nut for it like hf use?

Com76- nice write up. I guess Boost will probably start offering different tanks with different airholes after the feedback they are getting. For me like I say the draw is fine but I don't do lung inhales, and I think a tighter draw improves flavour (and it's not really tight but maybe by modern standards). There's a limit to how much power you could put into this thing with the plastic tank in close proximity to the coil I suspect so opening up the holes too much would probably have a negative impact on vape quality/flavour

I've just set off my building fire alarm with it- that's a first. And a bit embarassing! Told everyone it was the shower but don't think they believed me ;) So it produces plenty of vapour and is appropriately named!

Going to try a twisted 28awg single coil 0.6ohm today on 2.5 to see how that compares.

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia
Com76- nice write up. I guess Boost will probably start offering different tanks with different airholes after the feedback they are getting. For me like I say the draw is fine but I don't do lung inhales, and I think a tighter draw improves flavour (and it's not really tight but maybe by modern standards). There's a limit to how much power you could put into this thing with the plastic tank in close proximity to the coil I suspect so opening up the holes too much would probably have a negative impact on vape quality/flavour

I've just set off my building fire alarm with it- that's a first. And a bit embarassing! Told everyone it was the shower but don't think they believed me ;) So it produces plenty of vapour and is appropriately named!

Going to try a twisted 28awg single coil 0.6ohm today on 2.5 to see how that compares.

I'm really enjoying the vape and i am reaching for the K.loud over the other atties i have setup (which is a good sign). The draw is growing on me, but i also hope their will be some tank options in the future. Let me know how you go with the lower builds - I am yet to try a silica setup.

edit: It's kinda nice sitting back with the rider in 18350 mode and vaping at 1ohm, really great form factor compared to what i had been using lately.

Last edited:

markse

Jun 17, 2014
London
Think I've found a good coil- will probably settle on this for a while. It's twisted 28awg on 2.4mm 0.6ohms and seems to perform just as well as the dual coils but with more spacing from the plastic tank. It's a nice vape :)

DSCN9843.jpg

DSCN9845.jpg

DSCN9846.jpg

markse

Jun 17, 2014
London
Thanks. Buy it?? No I've got a Makita ;) I don't usually go in for anything fancy but I think the twisted is helping vapour production by creating little gaps for the vape to escape through, or it may just be the wattage which is similar between the 2 last setups I've tried and seems to be a sweetspot, though I should try a 1ohm coil like yours too. But I'm enjoying the warm dense vape and the flavour is good at this power.

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia
Last edited:

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia
Thanks. Buy it?? No I've got a Makita ;) I don't usually go in for anything fancy but I think the twisted is helping vapour production by creating little gaps for the vape to escape through, or it may just be the wattage which is similar between the 2 last setups I've tried and seems to be a sweetspot, though I should try a 1ohm coil like yours too. But I'm enjoying the warm dense vape and the flavour is good at this power.

Hey Markse,

Some guy on Todds FB mentioned turning the top cap so 1 air hole is pointed towards the coil (bypassing the tank holes) - this opens the draw up a lot (so simple, yet i never thought of it). It does however mute the flavour quite a bit. Bit of fun trying it out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread