the Kick battery life compared to other VW mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinxt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2011
Newport News, Virginia
Doesn't sound right to me at all. I use a kick with my cartopipe and a single 18350 at around 8w and I get the same, if not better, battery life in that vs my Lambo mini with the same battery and 2ohm atty around 4.2v. Between 3-4 hours. Maybe someone else with some experience can chime in.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Whats your set-up with it? I was getting poor batt life with 18650's at first with my bolt. coils were about 1.7-1.9 ohms and about 8.5 watts would kill my 18650's in about 5-6 hours. I sanded all the threads on all the extensions and the interior where the kick sits and now I get over a full day on a batt. Yes, 20 or 30 min seems unreasonable. Check all connections, lightly sand the interior where the kick sits, and you can pick up Noalox from Lowe's for less than 5 bucks. Use it on the threads, to ensure you're getting a good negative ground connection. Also double check the batts to make sure they are functioning properly. Sometimes all it takes is to pop the batt out and put it back in to stop getting a false stutter vape. There's a lot of trouble-shooting to do with the kick, but if all else fails, it may just be the kick. Brandon from evolv is really responsive, great to work with and really stands behind his product, he definately takes good care of his customers, so if you feel like you've exausted all other options give him a shout. Sorry for the novel, but hope this helps.

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
im using a Bam, with 1.5 to 2.0 ohm coils in my phoenixs with SS mesh/cotton. i have noalox. it could possibly just be a false stutter like you were saying. because i also threw in a fully charged imr 26500 and within 10 minutes was stuttering again. but if i take the kick out and put it back in its fine. i just wish it would stop doing this. i dont even take the Bam with me anywnere cuz it always does this and i dont like taking things apart every 20 min wen im out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread