• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The KR808 is great on the go,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Last week, I picked up a KR 808, mostly because I was interested in trying out the whole idea of cartomizers. I thought I would write a little review with some of my impressions.

I had mostly been using my 510, which I like for the intense vapor production, and the 901 for the flavor. The 808 cartomizers seem to sit somewhere in the middle of the pack, and IMHO is a great system for on the go vaping.

The 808 cartomizers are designed to use and throw away, but you can refill them. They are available in a lot of flavors, or you can get blank cartos and fill them with you're favorite juice.

There are two things that stand out, to me, with the 808. The length of vaping time you get off a battery charge, and the length of time you can vape on a cart filled with juice. I can vape this thing at least 6 hours of moderate vaping without doing anything but putting it to my mouth and pressing the button. That ability in such a small size, IMHO makes this thing a buy.

The vapor production is quite good. It's a little stronger than a 901, not quite as strong as a 510, and it deliver flavor like a 901. I've always felt that using a 510, I sacrificed a little flavor. Not so with the 808s.

The only downside of cartos is that they use a lot of little parts, and you need to do something with three of them when its in use. There are two rubber caps on either end, and a little plug that fits in a hole in the battery end that are included to keep them from leaking all over when they are filled and ready to use. To fill them, you need to pull a cap off and a little ring out that's inside the cart, making a total of 6 pieces involved in one cart. A pill bottle works great to keep them in.

That being said, it's really a minor thing when weighed against the fact that you can vape so long on a fill. You can fill them all in a short filling session, and vape for a long time without messing with them at all. This is where the cartomizer system shines. It's similar to when i was doing RYO cigarettes. I would get my machine out and stuff three or four packs and be good to go for quite a while. I fill my carts in a little 5 minute filling session and put them together to be ready to use.

After a week of using them, I really like cartos. I'm not sure how many times I'll be able to refill them, but since you get 5 for the price of one atty, I am pretty confident that 5 will outlast one atty. I'll keep you posted on that, though.

There are adapters available to use them with your favorite mod, too.

I dont have a mod yet, but I would think if you had mod and a couple of cartos, you could go a whole day without a problem.

There's one other minor thing to like about it. The charger is USB with a USB wall plug to charge it on AC. The same charger will charge 510 and 901 batteries, too. This gives me the ability to use the USB adapter I have in my van to charge any of those batteries on the road, or plug it into an outlet, or my computer.

I should also add, the 808 batteries are about 3/4" longer than a 510 battery, and when fully assembed, the 808 is about 1/4" longer than a 510.

I purchased my kit from Good Prophets.

Vapor Pete

The Vapor Pope
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Rochester, NY
The only downside of cartos is that they use a lot of little parts, and you need to do something with three of them when its in use. There are two rubber caps on either end, and a little plug that fits in a hole in the battery end that are included to keep them from leaking all over when they are filled and ready to use. To fill them, you need to pull a cap off and a little ring out that's inside the cart, making a total of 6 pieces involved in one cart.

Actually... you can avoid having to do all of the above mentioned when refilling your cart. Simply drip into the battery end of the cart and it will suck the juice right in. If you get some juice dripping out the mouth piece end, just dry it, and give it a blow. What I usually do is drip about 4 or 5 drops, and Im good to go for about 12-20 puffs.
The method you have described is done by many. But imo it isnt required. Dripping into the battery end of the cart brings it down from 6 pieces to 1. Plus your bottle of juice. Much easier to manage if your out in public or on the go.

My best,
-VP

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Hello everyone! Hope the holidays were.....well, I guess we are all over that now LOL

I actually just got an 808 Saturday! My favorite seller is leaving the 510s and going 808. I happened to earn a credit with him & after chatting with Chris about it, I decided it was a perfect time to try out his 808 starter kit without a lot of out of pocket expense.

His starter kit comes with the PCC charger, one battery and a total of 7 carts. Having the PCC makes it a lot easier! It has a place to store 2 carts (or the rubbers if using the cart) & of course, recharge a battery. It took about 1.5 hrs to recharge, so plenty of time before you are going to deplete the battery in use. "They" say you can recharge 4-5 times before the PCC needs to be recharged (I've used it for 2 recharges so far). So, this should be perfect to be able to carry one complete + the PCC & be set all day!
The size of the PCC case is about the same as an 801 storage case, so not bad at all! Roughly, it's about 4.25"x2.75"x.75" (boy that sounds big...). It has a USB plug that fits nicely in the case when not in use.

I too am a 510 junky; I'm not vaping really for the flavor, so that's never really been an issue, but I love the throat hit it gives me.
The 808 definatley delivers in that area, but in a different way. For me, it's like, well, a mouthful of vaporizer vaper LOL Heck - I dont' think you really have to inhale until after you release the button, just to get the last little bit of vaper out.
I was advised that the vapor is less, but isn't that what VG juice is for? ;)

Yesterday (Sunday) was the first day I had to use it. Battery lasted at least 4 hours & the cart lasted me all day.

This morning, I thought I'd try to do the refill (gotta test my VG theory). I got the white cap off ok - and yes, it flung across the room, even though I thought I was doing it carefully & going around and around & not pulling on it in one area. The only problem now, in watching the video, it says/shows that there's suppose to be a second, non white stopper in there also....and there wasn't! Crud...it must have gone flying too.....but I can't find it ANYWHERE! LOL Small price to pay for experimenting! LOL

Overall, it is nice & I'm not sorry for trying it out at all! I'm not going to do the love jump just yet, but I think this could be a solution to the love/hate relationship we have with our 510s.

Did you pick this up locally, Harmony, or was it ordered? Just curious 'cause of the way you said you "picked up" one last week....

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
LOL MlrGrl,,, there sure are a lot of little pieces with cartos,,, I broke a couple those white pieces, trying to get that cap off in my learning period. I ordered mine from Good Prophets. They had them on sale for $38. I've found Good Prophets to be a great supplier, but you have to check his forum often to find out about the best deals.

Overall, I really do like the 808. I've been using it as my main unit for on the go. I've been getting 6 hours of moderate vaping, and it takes about 1.5 hours to charge on average. I left one of my batteries at a friends house and haven't had a chance to go get it. Been using my 510 while the 808 bat is charging. I like the 808 better in almost every way,,, but the 510 still does make vapor like a tire fire,,, lol. Overall, I'm sticking with the 808, mostly because it's nice not to have to fill them so often, and thats great when I'm on the go.

Thanks for the input Pete,,, I tried your method. I still prefer popping the cap off, filling it with 16 drops or so, and not needing to mess with it for 6 to 7 hours. I can just slip the 808 into my pocket and go for half a day without doing anything. There's no need to take any bottles along, unless I'm going to be gone for more time than that. It's so handy that way,,, at least for me.

Vicks, i think Nhaler has adapters that will allow you to use carts on a 510 or 901 mod or battery.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Hi Harmony;
Just checking in to see if the 808 is still working out for you.

Still in the dating stages with mine.
Just something about that dang 510. Maybe it's just because the 510 is my first love, and you never forget your first love, right?? LOL

I purposely took just a fully charged & loaded 808 with my downstairs to watch the games today (knew I'd be too lazy to come up and get the 510 when I got a lil itch for it) and it lasted from about mid-3rd qtr of the Colts/Jets game well past the Queens ending, so that was awesome & impressive!

I'm still not feeling as good about cartos that I've refilled, but I'm sure that's all part of the learning curve. I've been using them up until I'm getting that burnt taste, so I'm assuming it's desparate for juice at that point, but even after having them sit upright over night, with 20 drops, they still seem over filled.

Overall, I can't say anything bad about them. Just need to get over the 510 obsession I have! LOL

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
hi MlrGrl!!

I'm still liking the 808, after a month and a half of use. I haven't had any problems with filling the cartos here, and sometimes, for quick fills, i use Vapor Pete's suggested method. I think the bats are giving me a little less time on a charge, but I suppose that's to be expected as they age. I'm still getting decent vape time with them, though. My 808 bats totally outperform the 510 in that regard. It's not the clouds of vapor the 510 delivers, though.

I can say for sure that cartos will hold more juice than anything else I've tried, and a pack of 5 cartomizers are lasting me longer than any atomizers I've tried for about the same price. I think it's safe to say that a 5 pack of cartomizers are a better value than an atomizer, and I notice a huge difference in the amount of juice I'm using. I have been vaping about 25 ml a month with the 808, vs about 45 ml with the 510.

With my 510's, i had to have two on the charger at all times, because my second battery wouldn't be ready when the one i was using died. I think that's the main reason I'm loving the 808. My second battery is always ready to go way before I need it. It's made vaping a lot simpler for me.

I don't claim to be any kind of expert, just toss my expiriences out in the hopes people find it useful somehow. ;) There's worse things than a 510 obsession!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread